Fender Bender
3315 posts

Re: Does NA Home Need a New Management Team ?

Jan 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

When a member of the management team is prone to angry backlashes at the community

Please forgive me. But this post is not directer towards you specifically...

That is an over-exaggeration of what GlassWalls said. All he said was " Knock it off, Julie. I expect better from you." Hardly an "angry backlash". But definitely something certain folks who are known to be hostile towards Management, and fellow community members, would latch onto and make an issue of.

It was a statement/request that even friends might say to each other, without the intention of blowing it all out of proportion.

Management has to absorb a lot of abuse on this forum, yet they cannot do the same in return. And if they do bring it up, they are yet again abused. Give it up.

A Community Manager's job is to be the go-between for the Community and the Producers, Developers and Directors. That is their primary purpose. Though once in a great while they may be involved with Development, their primary job is to inform those who make the product of the "pulse" of the users. Our feelings. And due to this, and the misunderstanding of their position by many community members, they take the full brunt of the community's anger.

So GlassWalls said that he expected better of someone. Isn't that what we expect from most (if not all) users of this forum?

Some good and respected folks of this forum have managed to form a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you, or anyone, should meet him, Mr. GlassWalls is a pretty cool dude.

(As always, someone is bound to find an issue with my message...)

This wasn't his first misshaps. He told me to "give him a break" when I said sales pitch should not be on digital community head manger  agenda. He also likes quite a few post calling complaining users haters. 

Not something you expect from anyone working with customers services.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 71 of 123 (271 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: NA Home Management....... WOW!!

Jan 19, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Home isn't responsible for the maintenance. That's all SEN's doing.

Yea, we really don't know if thats true or not.  We do know they are working on an upcoming update for Home and getting our PS3's ready for it.  But what else is going on in this update?  Nothing that I know about not saying they didn't do anything else but once again we just don't know.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 72 of 123 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: NA Home Management....... WOW!!

Jan 19, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:
Coming from someone who doesn't complain often on here, it's kind of hard to find anything worth replying to anymore.

Only because it's more negative than postive.

That should tell you and the Home staff something right there. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 73 of 123 (253 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29569 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

He told me to "give him a break..." 

So. Where is the problem? That is hardly insulting or reason to post hurtful messages regarding him. Again, friends do say "Give me a break" to each other, and yet somehow remain friends...

Did you give him a break?

Look, people are too overly sensitive here. Or they find it easier to be unreasonable and combative rather than understanding and forgiving. Let's learn from each other or just move on. Let's not make a big deal out of a little nothing.

If you remember nothing else in this message, please remember this: If you should ever meet GlassWalls, you will find him to be a really nice guy and a cool person to hang out with.  

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 74 of 123 (225 Views)
Fender Bender
3315 posts

Jan 19, 2013

You don't talk to a customer the way you talk to a friend. Beside, he's not my friend.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 75 of 123 (218 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29569 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Considering the number of "attacks" he has to endure each day, you feel his one or two remarks are so terrible?

I guess to "forgive and forget" is out of the question? Or "old news, let's move on"?

Keep on truckin'. I'm out of here.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 76 of 123 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Considering the number of "attacks" he has had to endure each day, you feel his one or two remarks are so terrible?

I guess to "forgive and forget" is out of the question? Or "old news, let's move on"?

If I thought it would make a difference, I'd bother to try to answer.

Sometimes one gains a sense of security from things that never change. Sometimes it just frustrates the hell outta one. 

Message 77 of 123 (180 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

When a member of the management team is prone to angry backlashes at the community

Please forgive me. But this post is not directer towards you specifically...

That is an over-exaggeration of what GlassWalls said. All he said was " Knock it off, Julie. I expect better from you." Hardly an "angry backlash". But definitely something certain folks who are known to be hostile towards Management, and fellow community members, would latch onto and make an issue of.

It was a statement/request that even friends might say to each other, without the intention of blowing it all out of proportion.

Management has to absorb a lot of abuse on this forum, yet they cannot do the same in return. And if they do bring it up, they are yet again abused. Give it up.

A Community Manager's job is to be the go-between for the Community and the Producers, Developers and Directors. That is their primary purpose. Though once in a great while they may be involved with Development, their primary job is to inform those who make the product of the "pulse" of the users. Our feelings. And due to this, and the misunderstanding of their position by many community members, they take the full brunt of the community's anger.

So GlassWalls said that he expected better of someone. Isn't that what we expect from most (if not all) users of this forum?

Some good and respected folks of this forum have managed to form a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you, or anyone, should meet him, Mr. GlassWalls is a pretty cool dude.

(As always, someone is bound to find an issue with my message...)

a community managers job is more than just acting as a middleman between the community and higher-ups. and its most definitely not their primary role.

heres a rundown of a Community Managers roles. i did not write this btw, credit goes to Jeremiah Owyang.

1) A Community Advocate
As a community advocate, the community managers’ primary role is to represent the customer. This includes listening, which results in monitoring, and being active in understanding what customers are saying in both the corporate community as well as external websites. Secondly, they engage customers by responding to their requests and needs or just conversations, both in private and in public.

2) Brand Evangelist
In this evangelistic role (it goes both ways) the community manager will promote events, products and upgrades to customers by using traditional marketing tactics and conversational discussions. As proven as a trusted member of the community (tenet 1) the individual has a higher degree of trust and will offer good products.

3) Savvy Communication Skills, Shapes Editorial
This tenet, which is both editorial planning and mediation serves the individual well. The community manager should first be very familiar with the tools of communication, from forums, to blogs, to podcasts, to twitter, and then understand the language and jargon that is used in the community. This individual is also responsible for mediating disputes within the community, and will lean on advocates, and embrace detractors –and sometimes removing them completely. Importantly, the role is responsible for the editorial strategy and planning within the community, and will work with many internal stakeholders to identify content, plan, publish, and follow up.

4) Gathers Community Input for Future Product and Services Perhaps the most strategic of all tenets, community managers are responsible for gathering the requirements of the community in a responsible way and presenting it to product teams. This may involve formal product requirements methods from surveys to focus groups, to facilitating the relationships between product teams and customers. The opportunity to build better products and services through this real-time live focus group are ripe, in many cases, customer communities have been waiting for a chance to give feedback.

im sure most people in this topic can see many things listed that our Community Managers seem to lack at.

Message 78 of 123 (171 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Considering the number of "attacks" he has to endure each day, you feel his one or two remarks are so terrible?

Except for the fact that the vast majority of "attacks" are because of his actions.  In fact, Julie_Love has been one of his best supports for a long time, but even she finally had enough.  Only someone with absolutely no integrity and blinded by bias would even dare suggest that the management of Home was anything but a total failure.   They have failed to communicate with their customers at even the most basic level of customer service.  They have continually failed to address the numerous issues and problems with the service.  They have failed to listen to suggestions from the community, and improve the service in a timely manor.

There are soooo many ways they could quickly and easily improve the service, and have been suggested to them on numerous occasions, like adding a 2nd storage folder, including the same sort options for items in storage as they already do for items that are not in storage, and adding extra sets of avatar saves so we don't have to load all 24 before selecting one to use.

These are VERY basic modifications that could easily be implemented, and yet they have yet to do so.

Instead they just continue to muck up the service, remove options, with constant promises that it will improve the service and make it more stable, and yet if anything Home is more unstable than ever before.

Look, it isn't hard to see, even with your heavily tainted glasses, that more and more members like Juilie who once were extremely supportive of Home and the mangement have finally had enough.  We've endured so much from this management and as a reward we have a worse service than before.  Enough is enough.  If Sony doesn't change their course, they are going to destroy Home. 

If you truly care about Home, instead of constantly white washing all the problems with the service and the management decisions and actions, and lack of action, instead you should be holding them accountable for the mess Home is in right now, and demanding change.

If not, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 79 of 123 (167 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Considering the number of "attacks" he has had to endure each day, you feel his one or two remarks are so terrible?

GW does take alot of scathing remarks that should be more politely phrased at him.  that is true. And mistakes are human. if he had apologized afterwards, I'm sure this would have been forgotten fast. we've all made worse mistakes.

But Conrad, you are trying to reinterprete his words to mean other than it's clear meaning. You are thinking "what he said was wrong" and creating a justification of it. Until there is a retraction or an apology,or another of his posts that changes or redefines  him, this can only be taken as representing his beliefs and attitude.. Until he himself expresses otherwise, his words means what he means for them to say.

though I expect in hindsight he might apologize when he comes back from the weekend. Certainly one is due. though it's common for NA Staff to not give a **bleep**... so you never know...

Message 80 of 123 (162 Views)