Fender Bender
2040 posts

Re: NA Home management needs a serious OVER HAUL

Jan 16, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Fly_Mixed_Papi_ wrote:

I love Home as much as all of us do, HOWEVER the recent and gradual changes are leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

1. Home blog updates on Wednesdays

2. Managements lack of caring about what we say

3. NO game related content

4. NO 1st party support

5. Higher prices (it's expected but virtual items are UNLIMITED in quantity)

5. Lack luster events

1. Boohoo. Updates are still posted early by third parties.

2. Bans still happen.

3. 2012 NA Game Spaces: Disgaea 4, Journey, Dust 514, MIB: Alien Crisis, Street Fighter X Tekken

4. There's still occasional Sony content as well as updates to X7. There were several core updates in 2012. Freezing was patched Locomotions were added.

5. Better products have higher development costs.

6. There were several holiday quests in eariy 2012 with great rewards. E3 2012 was the best yet. Celebrating Thanksgiving/Halloween/Christmas on a video game console is silly.

Crazy-88 wrote:

I feel that if we had a more involved staff, places like Red Bull, Killzone/DeadIsland, and other spaces that lost with excuses that involved lack of communication, we'd still have them. :/ I think our guys rather take naps than talks with 3rd parties about keeping spaces live & chat with us.

Why is it so difficult for everyone to  understand that when contracts expire, the corresponding content is removed?

Most of those old spaces were advertisements. They sucked.

Home has become a platform for decent third party games. Quit whining about the past.

It's not difficult for 'everyone' to understand. Most of us know that Red Bull's new management team decided to take their ad campaign in a different direction.

That issue wasn't mentioned by the OP. He listed 6 areas of concern that I think many Home users can agree on:

1. Home blog updates on Wednesdays

2. Managements lack of caring about what we say

3. NO game related content

4. NO 1st party support

5. Higher prices (it's expected but virtual items are UNLIMITED in quantity)

5. Lack luster events

Message 31 of 123 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Does NA Home Need a New Management Team ?

Jan 18, 2013

It's becoming more and more obvious either the current staff is overworked, or they are under achieving.

The blog updates (which were moved up and back and up and back) are now supposed to be released on the same day as new content updates.

In my opinion management is trying to force more impulse buys perhaps due to pressure from Sony to increase sales.

Our suggestions seem to wind up as forum filler and its rare that anything actually suggested see's the light of day.

When people voice their concerns or opinions I've seen admonishment from staff that was pretty over the top as well.

Something with this machine is either broken, defective or just plain dysfunctional because EU and JP forums don't seem to force the knee jerk reactions from the community that NA does.

We are already getting less for more, very little interaction and support, and information normally consists of a post  from Staff with a few replies that only praise the virtues of any new changes and never tell us the bad parts.

This train is out of control and in a slow motion collision course with disaster

Message 32 of 123 (488 Views)
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Re: Does NA Home Need a New Management Team ?

Jan 18, 2013

I don't really know why we needed two threads on this subject, but to answer your question... I think they're doing fine. 

Message 33 of 123 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Yes

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 34 of 123 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Desperately.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 123 (433 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I don't really know why we needed two threads on this subject, but to answer your question... I think they're doing fine. 

Explain how theyre doing fine by keeping us held back at almost every level. I'm very interested in hearing your view especially with you being a HCV.

Oh and secondly...NA Home management needs a serious OVER HAUL is a statement

I asked a question and gave my opinion to hear other opinions so there arent 2 of the same threads.

Message 36 of 123 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Do we get detailed, in-depth explanations about why things happen? No.

Do we get a chance to directly affect Home's direction with "Should we do _?" Polls? No.

Do we hear from representatives that are directly related to changes in Home? No.

All we get is cause & effect. If that, and with little thought afterward.

Red Bull left and we never knew if it was persued as much as we'd like, DeadIsland and Killzone events left with little warning, spaces are axe'd for few explanations("Out with the old in with the new" doesn't count GW!)... the list goes on. Our representatives fail to represent us and inform us, and that's in these forums alone. The general Home users know none of this until after it happens. :/

YES. We need new management. We need polls besides "Did you like this item?" nonsense. We need management who manages to listen to the users they work for.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 37 of 123 (390 Views)
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

I don't know what's up with our management staff, but something certainly needs to be done. It seems the only time we see action around Home is when something effects a Third Party Developer, instead of Home's actual users. Our events are done by third parties, the majority of our content has been produced by third parties, innovations, action against rule breakers.. 

The best we can hope for is our weekly update message when we sign into Home, but remember how that went? We got back after 3 or 4 weeks of no updates to a repetitive, unedited weekly message, then our blogs were foolishly pushed to after Home's update.

Message 38 of 123 (351 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

Do we get detailed, in-depth explanations about why things happen? No.

Do we get a chance to directly affect Home's direction with "Should we do _?" Polls? No.

Do we hear from representatives that are directly related to changes in Home? No.

All we get is cause & effect. If that, and with little thought afterward.

Red Bull left and we never knew if it was persued as much as we'd like, DeadIsland and Killzone events left with little warning, spaces are axe'd for few explanations("Out with the old in with the new" doesn't count GW!)

It was explained on multiple occasions that those spaces were removed because either the contracts were not renewed or the old code was in conflict with new spaces (e.g. Dead Island and Killzone 3 were built around Central Plaza assets). You're forgetting these spaces existed as advertisements, and that publishers pay Sony to host spaces on Home. They'd run their course.

Users generally don't get in-depth technological explanations. It's an unnecessary risk, and it would probably fly over their heads.

Users rarely get an opportunity to affect a platform's direction, especially one developed by a multinational conglomerate.

Home's representatives regularly announce changes to the service, like the recent notification regarding local data.

julie_love wrote:

That issue wasn't mentioned by the OP. He listed 6 areas of concern that I think many Home users can agree on:

I guess that red, bold text where I addressed each of his six concerns was a little difficult to spot.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 39 of 123 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Jan 18, 2013

i say out with our old and lazy team and bring the new who listen to the community. our team just sit on their @ss thinking of ways to make more money from us. i been play from day one and spend more than i should. we should have more say in what home should be like. things has gotten out of hand and there is nothing we can do  but come here and rant about how much the NA sucks. i think they should be shamed of themselfs  for being so lazy, all those mix up in prices that change after being published, all those lame events they have, changing the blog from tuesday to wed, just before he publish time.  every week seems something with our team. 

week after week we come here and have the same problems and nothing ever gets done. **bleep** do we has a community to get our voices heard? i say keep complaining, tweet it, facebook it, use social media, do what ever u can to get out voices heard cause clearly NA  dont hear us or just dont care.

Message 40 of 123 (272 Views)