Fender Bender
4236 posts

Re: NA Home management needs a serious OVER HAUL

Jan 20, 2013
They need to put actual home users incharge, those that really love home, and want it to grow for the better. Id rather eat food cooked by somebody thats passionate about the food, not by somebody there thats just collecting a paycheck. You can tell the diffrence.
Message 91 of 123 (330 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 20, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
They need to put actual home users incharge, those that really love home, and want it to grow for the better. Id rather eat food cooked by somebody thats passionate about the food, not by somebody there thats just collecting a paycheck. You can tell the diffrence.

Sounds familiar.

"Home committee

I don't know if this will ever happen or even if Sony would be willing to try this but I'll give it a go. 

We use to have a group of members here called "beta testers" (closed beta testers).  I was one of them and our job was to report what we liked and disliked in Home.  The problem that I'm haveing now is that this group is now gone and evey one wants Home to be something different.  This make Sony's job very hard after all how can you make thousands of people happy when they all have different idea's of what Home should be?

Well that brings us back to my idea why not have a "Home committee" a group of people that reports to Sony (or Locust_Star and CydonianX) of what most of us what to see in Home.  I think this would really speed things up for Sony and in Home.  The committee would be made up of a large group of people a President and vice-President if need be.  It would be just like the closed beta tester days when we use to talk what's needed in Home what to fix and new idea's to Home.  Don't know what Sony would be willing to give this idea but a open forum would be nice.  Unlike the Closed beta forum make this one more open and let other people see what's going on and what we are talking about.

Now for the role of President I think the obvious choice would be yours truly.  Ok, OK that was only a joke I was going to say was a member like Jiggyteddy that many of us look up to."

[click here for link]

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 92 of 123 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I'd nominate kitchens_closed
Message 93 of 123 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Re: Does NA Home Need a New Management Team ?

Jan 21, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

When a member of the management team is prone to angry backlashes at the community

Please forgive me. But this post is not directer towards you specifically...

That is an over-exaggeration of what GlassWalls said. All he said was " Knock it off, Julie. I expect better from you." Hardly an "angry backlash". But definitely something certain folks who are known to be hostile towards Management, and fellow community members, would latch onto and make an issue of.

It was a statement/request that even friends might say to each other, without the intention of blowing it all out of proportion.

Management has to absorb a lot of abuse on this forum, yet they cannot do the same in return. And if they do bring it up, they are yet again abused. Give it up.

A Community Manager's job is to be the go-between for the Community and the Producers, Developers and Directors. That is their primary purpose. Though once in a great while they may be involved with Development, their primary job is to inform those who make the product of the "pulse" of the users. Our feelings. And due to this, and the misunderstanding of their position by many community members, they take the full brunt of the community's anger.

So GlassWalls said that he expected better of someone. Isn't that what we expect from most (if not all) users of this forum?

Some good and respected folks of this forum have managed to form a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you, or anyone, should meet him, Mr. GlassWalls is a pretty cool dude.

(As always, someone is bound to find an issue with my message...)

Whoa Conrad! While I agree with much of you say in posts in general although perhaps not the way you say it but that's on me, I think you're offbase on this one. I found the post in question to be humorous, sarcastic humor perhaps, but humorous just the same.

I believe GlassWalls who I hold in high regard can speak for himself which he did. And I spoke for myself because I was irritated at his reply to the said post.

Take this for what it's worth, maybe partly serious, maybe partly in humor, 

Knock it off Conrad and let people and in this case, GlassWalls, speak for themselves. 

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion which you made and I just made mine.

Here's my original post which includes the other two being referenced.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INFO-Upcoming-Change-in-Home-Save-Files/m-p/...

Chow! I'm outta' this one. Smiley Frustrated

This post officially has too much BOLD.

Message 94 of 123 (282 Views)
Wastelander
703 posts

Jan 21, 2013

SnidelyKWhiplash wrote:

Home Management isn't really supposed to be talking to us everyday, but once a week would be nice. And I don't necessarily mean the Blog, I mean getting a little more involved here in the Forums or even just seen INSIDE Home like they used to be.

But how can you expect Home Management to be too terribly involved in the everyday lives of those actually inside Home (again, not their jobs-ish) when the ones whose jobs it IS to be dealing with us inside Home - The Mods - have become just as disinterested and invisible as Management. You NEVER see a Mod actually doing the job they get paid to do, let alone walking around where they might be SEEN and do some *edited for inappropriate language* GOOD. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Mod do so much as pop up in the chatlog. They used to give text warnings, even if they WERE invisible. And if/when that didn't stop the behavior, they would "corner plant" someone, or stick them IN a bench...hell, I have a friend that was locked in a Mod's Harbor Studio for half an hour while he got an ear/eye full of the "improper behavior" speech.

C'mon Mods and Management...get off your collective pedestals and get back to work.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.   Those were the days.  Whatever happened to eefinem??

RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 95 of 123 (265 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 21, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

I can only hope that someone at Sony with enough authority to make a significant change recognizes that Home is doomed to fail if something doesn't change VERY soon.

That entails somebody over there paying attention and getting involved to the matters being discussed on the forum at a daily basis.

I'll let you figure out the rest when it comes to that.

Message 96 of 123 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

I like the idea of a Community Relations panel of regular home users. However since its our money that Sony is after, I believe someone should be appointed from Home management  to "report" to the panel instead of the panel reporting to them. This could entail weekly scheduled meeting dates with both sides sharing and exchanging concerns, update information, suggestions and mediation for issues that Home is experiencing.

I've read many times that the current staff prefers a hands off method in the forums which is not entirely true as I've also witnessed unfair backlashes aimed at the very people that they are supposed to serve.

A Community Relations panel is EXACTLY what Home needs to start bridging the gap and repairing trust issues because the hands off approach only works for those who have the power to excercise (and as of lately abuse) it.

Message 97 of 123 (199 Views)
VP of Gaming
29221 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

This isn't a Democracy. It's a business. It's time to grow up and accept reality.

We do have input. But it is limited to the Terms of Service. If Home is that terrible for you, then you have other options. Go to the Wii, the XBox or no internet activity.

All existing platforms have their Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct. They also allow for community interaction and suggestions. The best thing to do is to find one that suits your needs.

Civilians/users will not run the show. At best, they can only make recommendations. Just as we are doing here.

There is no congress. There is only the SCE, stock holders and the chain of command.

The only power we have is as users of Home and the PSN/PS3. And as a few hundred or thousand may not like it, millions do.

Management has been informative if we took the time to read. But the problem here is that we do not read, we do not comprehend nor do we share that information with others. We keep it to ourselves... On this forum.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 98 of 123 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Conrad who are you to tell anyone to go anywhere ?

You dont run anything here.

Your'e NOTHING more than a consumer like everyone else here, albeit a flamebater that pushes peoples buttons and then reports the replys that you elicit.

Secondly under whose authority have you been appointed to speak for the community as well as Home management ?

The suggestions and comments are genuine concerns meant to foster and promote positive growth for the future, but your statements alone punctuate why people are pleading to repair something that has gone haywire.

These aren't the dark ages, and you and your straw boss bully mentality have no authority here.

Remember the name of this place is called the Community Forums, not the Conrad Max bulletin board

A closed mouth will not get fed.

Message 99 of 123 (183 Views)
VP of Gaming
29221 posts

Jan 21, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Conrad who are you to tell anyone to go anywhere ?

I only make suggestions based on commonsense and logic.

I am nobody. But you are somebody.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 100 of 123 (174 Views)