Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Re: My theory of when the Confirmations come out

May 1, 2007

pixelknot wrote:

Mace Windu wrote:

pixelknot wrote:
I think everybody but us... where are they???? HOME!!!!!

Mace Windu wrote:
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email?

So you are saying that a second email was sent out to some?

Yes! I'm starting to get paranoic about it...

Where did you see that? I have been looking through these forums and I have not seen anyone say that they got a second email.
Message 21 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 1, 2007
If and when the confirmations come out, my theory is that they will go to:

1. GAP members only
2. GAP members with the most seniority (e.g. those that have been GAP members the longest) and work off that list until they hit the desired number.

I'm just hoping 4 years as a GAP member makes the cut.  "fingers crossed"
Message 22 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
659 posts

May 1, 2007
Ive personally been an underground member since 1996 and a GAP member since 2003, but I doubt that will have any effect on it.
Message 23 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

May 1, 2007

Where did you see that? I have been looking through these forums and I have not seen anyone say that they got a second email.

OMG! did I say I've read it? you are more paranoic than me dude... I'm just saying I feel like that, you know Plot theory!
Message 24 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 1, 2007
Considering invites only went to GAP members, it probably will.  I haven't seen anywhere on the boards where a non-GAP member getting an invite.  The question is how they are going to pick from the pool of GAP members.  Since they track the year since you've been a member, it would make sense to go off that.  Again, this is speculation. 

Anyone know when the GAP started?  Any members earlier than 2003?
Message 25 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
659 posts

May 1, 2007
GAP members do get picked first.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
As a Gamer Advisory Panel member, you're first in line! Due to your high level of influence and involvement in the PlayStation community, you receive preferential treatment in our Beta Testing Program. Just check the list below to make sure you meet our PRIMARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Message 26 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

May 1, 2007
I believe confirmatoins will be sent to you at the exact moment they are sent. I do not think you will see them before they are sent and I can assure you with 100% certainty that you will not see a confirmation before it arrives.

I can also state with 100% certainty that you will not recieve a confirmation after it has been transmitted if you are not on the recipients list.

That about clear it up?

;p
Message 27 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 1, 2007
This is all assuming that the beta's are starting on the same day. You would think that the initial euro beta (UK, or whatever) may be around a week, then the NA beta would begin. If you're testing a system, I'm not so sure you would want a huge initial load onto the servers, but I'm just guessing. Usually you have alpha testing, then you go into various stages of beta, which will mean various stages of new versions and downloads.

I'd say if you don't hear by 8AM tonight, then it may be a week or longer before you do. That is my guess.
Message 28 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1663 posts

May 1, 2007
"8AM tonight"  ??

Message 29 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 1, 2007
Initial emails were sent on Wednesday 4/25.  Would be cool if the confirmations were sent 1 week later (tomorrow). 
Message 30 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes