Aug 01 2013
By: TJMVoyager Uncharted Territory 1668 posts

My Take On Home And The Marketing

[ Edited ]
19 replies 307 views Edited Aug 1, 2013
Never seems to amaze me how often the word BETA is used as a cover up or as an excuse not to fix something. For years Home has had a reputation of coming out with stuff and either 1 not fixing something, or 2 not being able to fix it so they get rid of it.

Over the years of Home we have lost several spaces on Home, due to whatever. From personal spaces to private spaces. Its been a common thing with Home that I know all to well.

One that makes my blood boil is the simple fact of coming out with new content and not fixing the old. I have yet seen this from the amount of time I spent in Home.

I get a sence that it's almost as if the only thing they care about is how much they can profit of us.

What really burns me up the most, is the simple fact they fight you to get your refund for of which something is broken, or they can't fix or they just plain take it out and sit in a office in front of a monitor drinking there daily coffee.

Beta to me is and always thought as I have beta tested games to computer hardware to software as a means of testing something out before releasing it to the public to give the developer ideas and bug fixes, not to abuse the word BETA as a way to steal money from the public and hide behind it.

Most recent is Acron, they say its because of adding new content? How many times have I (we) seen this very same thing? Many many times you cannot deny, and what, it never goes back up or is completely taken offline.

I have always said, PSH needs new management because this is to the point where it's getting old.

interesting how Veemee comes out with a small space so small that it should be 1.99 rather 4.49, and now interesting how all of a sudden RC planes which I had paid for was taken out.

coincidence? You be the judge.....

Granted that there has been some really nice stuff being released, but good god, why make dumb descesions? I mean really? Why take good things from us while leaving other stuff broken and unfixed and untouched.

Again I thing there needs to be reconstruction of both management and marketing, seems to me there amatures.
Message 1 of 20 (307 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

Re: My Take On Home And The Marketing

Aug 1, 2013
Bold print and red letters, are not needed. Anywho, you do have a good point by that the PSH game has completely ruined the true meaning of Beta. If anything, there should be two Homes. PSH Beta, and PSH Live. Beta is where new stuff gets tossed in, and people can try them for free, and if things work, then they are removed from there and added to PSH Live

However, based off how they are now, such a thing will never, and can never, happen. So, given how things are, what they should do sometime, is focus on the old stuff and fix it. I personally would be delighted to have PSH down for a month if it took them time to go into the game, optimize it, fix all bugs that people have complained about, and pressure companies to fix their products.

Sadly, its just like many other companies in which when something is broke, they attempt to fix it, and make it worse, or they just release new crap so that way people forget about the old stuff. It reminds me of Zynga. Always adding new games while forgetting about fixing stuff for their current games, and then wondering why people are leaving those games.

As for your gripe about the RC planes, I understand your frustration, but if what I know is correct, people were using the RC planes to glitch abuse the area and stuff, so they wanted to remove it so the glitching would stop. Hopefully it will be fixed and released next week, or 2.

Finally, this is a business, so money is what matters. A business can not run well if it does not make money. Of course, if it was a net gain/lose of 0, then that would be nice but then people would expect to be paid more. Atleast their isn't a subscription fee for PSH.
Message 2 of 20 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:
Never seems to amaze me how often the word BETA is used as a cover up or as an excuse not to fix something. For years Home has had a reputation of coming out with stuff and either 1 not fixing something, or 2 not being able to fix it so they get rid of it.

Over the years of Home we have lost several spaces on Home, due to whatever. From personal spaces to private spaces. Its been a common thing with Home that I know all too well.

One that makes my blood boil is the simple fact of coming out with new content and not fixing the old. I have yet seen this from the amount of time I spent in Home.

I get a sense that it's almost as if the only thing they care about is how much they can profit of us.

What really burns me up the most, is the simple fact they fight you to get your refund for of which something is broken, or they can't fix or they just plain take it out and sit in a office in front of a monitor drinking their daily coffee.

Beta to me is and always thought as I have beta tested games to computer hardware to software as a means of testing something out before releasing it to the public to give the developer ideas and bug fixes, not to abuse the word BETA as a way to steal money from the public and hide behind it.

Most recent is Acorn, they say it's because of adding new content? How many times have I (we) seen this very same thing? Many, many times you cannot deny, and what, it never goes back up or is completely taken offline.

I have always said, PSH needs new management because this is to the point where it's getting old.

Interesting how VEEMEE comes out with a small space so small that it should be $1.99 rather $4.49, and now interesting how all of a sudden RC planes which I had paid for was taken out.

Coincidence? You be the judge.....

Granted that there has been some really nice stuff being released, but good god, why make dumb decisions? I mean really? Why take good things from us while leaving other stuff broken and unfixed and untouched?

Again, I think there needs to be reconstruction of both management and marketing, seems to me they're amateurs.

I can somewhat agree with what you are saying. 

Developers really need to fix things

But now you're bashing them.

Bashing them for a error that they have made and are trying to fix it.

BASHING won't help.

By the way, I also corrected some "errors" in your message.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 3 of 20 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Sorry, I tried but I cannot read this. Too much red, it's hurting my eyes.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 4 of 20 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Sorry, I tried but I cannot read this. Too much red, it's hurting my eyes.

You shouldn't say that about your signature. I think it looks nice. Smiley HappySmiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 20 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Aug 1, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

Over the years of Home we have lost several spaces on Home, due to whatever. From personal spaces to private spaces. Its been a common thing with Home that I know all to well.

I get a sence that it's almost as if the only thing they care about is how much they can profit of us.

What really burns me up the most, is the simple fact they fight you to get your refund for of which something is broken, or they can't fix or they just plain take it out and sit in a office in front of a monitor drinking there daily coffee.

Most recent is Acron, they say its because of adding new content? How many times have I (we) seen this very same thing? Many many times you cannot deny, and what, it never goes back up or is completely taken offline.

interesting how Veemee comes out with a small space so small that it should be 1.99 rather 4.49, and now interesting how all of a sudden RC planes which I had paid for was taken out.

Granted that there has been some really nice stuff being released, but good god, why make dumb descesions? I mean really? Why take good things from us while leaving other stuff broken and unfixed and untouched.

Again I thing there needs to be reconstruction of both management and marketing, seems to me there amatures.

Changed color to white for Vicki Smiley Wink

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 6 of 20 (253 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Aug 1, 2013
"You got red on you."
Photobucket
Message 7 of 20 (244 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Aug 1, 2013

You didn't cite the latest examples of Sony laziness and incompetence:  Cutthroats, Home Hold 'em, RC Rally, Bootleggers and even the Activity Board.  All down for 2 months.  JW says they are fixing them.  Really?  Does he say this because of the massive backlash Sony would receive from people who have dumped tons of money into them?  And I'm mainly referring to  Cutthroats, as the others are pretty much free.  2 MONTHS?  Smiley Mad

Posted Image
Message 8 of 20 (243 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11828 posts

Aug 1, 2013

REDRUM

Message 9 of 20 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Aug 1, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

What do you mean  "we have lost personal spaces"?

Message 10 of 20 (187 Views)