Jul 07 2012
By: strykerjr First Son 2 posts

My Personal Review On HOME's Newest Apocalyptic Third Person Shooter, "NO MAN'S LAND"

26 replies 349 views Edited Jul 7, 2012

No Man's Land From VEEMEE is a game I like to call a, "PUZZLE WITH TOO MANY MISSING PIECES",

Problem right now is "FAIR FACTORS". Some stuff I notice while playing it:      

1.) LIMITATIONS*- Right Now (AT THE TIME OF WRITING THIS) there are 1 map and 2 game modes, and teams are kind of sad, I been in matches made up of:

TEAM A- ALL GOLD ARMOR AND WEAPONS

TEAM B- ALL POOR PLAYERS WITH DIRTY CLOTHES AND THE DEFAULT RUSTY PISTOL <- ME

If I was going onto Playstation®HOME for the 1st time, and played this. I'll get the feeling that all of HOME will be like this.      

2.) PRICES (AND WHAT YOU PAID FOR)*- POWER. Enough said. Your buying the right to WIN. Its unfair to the community. You  might have the money to buy the weapons and armor, but your playing with or against players who can't afford them, it kills the game aspect for you and for everyone else your playing with.      

3.) MOMENTUM*- Now that you paid for all the gear, you got to ask yourself, IS THERE REALLY A POINT? The game has no RANK SYSTEM of any kind, and only having the rusty pistol and dirty clothes on you, make it it feel pointless . No REWARDS Or "System of Achievement in Playing" isn't really worth my TIME & MONEY to be honest with you.      

>MY OVERALL THOUGHT:  Gameplay (2/5)  | Features (2/5)  | Graphics (3/5) | Fun Factor (2/5) | Prices (1/5) |  *VERDICT (2/5)*<

FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER:   ALL IN ALL, NO MAN'S LAND IS A GOOD ATTEMPTED WITH A BAD PRESENTATION, I'M HOPING FOR BETTER CONTENT AND IDEA ON THIS SPACE, BUT WHEN THEY UPDATE IT WITH THE KINKS FIGURED OUT IT; MIGHT BE A ENJOYABLE GAME FOR EVERYONE,Man Very Happy                                              

HAVE A NICE DAY FROM strykerjr   Man Happy

*This might be changed after some updating

Message 1 of 27 (349 Views)
VP of Gaming
28566 posts

Re: My Personal Review On HOME's Newest Apocalyptic Third Person Shooter, "NO MAN'S LAND"

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

If you have any suggestions to improve the game, why not suggest them where they will be seen by the people who can make changes? July Suggestions.

I made a suggestion myself: No Mans Land: Survivor.

And if there are any tech issues that need attention, we have PlayStation®Home Support.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 27 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11822 posts

Re: My Personal Review On HOME's Newest Apocalyptic Third Person Shooter, "NO MAN'S LAND"

Jul 7, 2012

They should rename it "No Point Land". There is no point in playing it and anyone who spent money on it is a fool. I was a Beta tester and was looking forward to the public release. What a let down. I mean c'mon, a game with no rewards? EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 27 (311 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

I was a beta tester for the game as well. I like the game & I spent money on the game. If a person wants to spend money on it, that's their prerogative; There's no need for name calling, CMCSAVAGE. Besides, it would be dumb to think that VEEMEE wouldn't include updates that'll add to the experience, by making it more fun & immersive.

What I would suggest, is sending a lot of feedback to them with suggestions on how to improve NML more, and balance it out so that new players don't feel bombarded by the more experienced players & having little chance on getting a good score & rank. There's always room for improvement & I am 100% sure that VEEMEE will pay attention to those who are legitimately dissatisfied with the game.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 4 of 27 (294 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Well done with your observations and review.. I'm in agreement with your thoughts..

My feedback is I'll never play it again.. That's fine if ppl wanna buy all the best equipment and play in god like mode they can enjoy themselves until there is an option to level up to the same equipment without purchasing them and a fair chance to level up without having to go head on into battle with someone you clearly cannot beat..

There also needs to be objectives, goals, challenges, single player, coop, a story, plot, etc...

They already got all the same suggestions before but I'll share my 3 cents worth again..

strykerjr wrote:

No Man's Land From VEEMEE is a game I like to call a, "PUZZLE WITH TOO MANY MISSING PIECES",

Problem right now is "FAIR FACTORS". Some stuff I notice while playing it:      

1.) LIMITATIONS*- Right Now (AT THE TIME OF WRITING THIS) there are 1 map and 2 game modes, and teams are kind of sad, I been in matches made up of:

TEAM A- ALL GOLD ARMOR AND WEAPONS

TEAM B- ALL POOR PLAYERS WITH DIRTY CLOTHES AND THE DEFAULT RUSTY PISTOL <- ME

If I was going onto Playstation®HOME for the 1st time, and played this. I'll get the feeling that all of HOME will be like this.      

2.) PRICES (AND WHAT YOU PAID FOR)*- POWER. Enough said. Your buying the right to WIN. Its unfair to the community. You  might have the money to buy the weapons and armor, but your playing with or against players who can't afford them, it kills the game aspect for you and for everyone else your playing with.      

3.) MOMENTUM*- Now that you paid for all the gear, you got to ask yourself, IS THERE REALLY A POINT? The game has no RANK SYSTEM of any kind, and only having the rusty pistol and dirty clothes on you, make it it feel pointless . No REWARDS Or "System of Achievement in Playing" isn't really worth my TIME & MONEY to be honest with you.      

>MY OVERALL THOUGHT:  Gameplay (2/5)  | Features (2/5)  | Graphics (3/5) | Fun Factor (2/5) | Prices (1/5) |  *VERDICT (2/5)*<

FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER:   ALL IN ALL, NO MAN'S LAND IS A GOOD ATTEMPTED WITH A BAD PRESENTATION, I'M HOPING FOR BETTER CONTENT AND IDEA ON THIS SPACE, BUT WHEN THEY UPDATE IT WITH THE KINKS FIGURED OUT IT; MIGHT BE A ENJOYABLE GAME FOR EVERYONE,Man Very Happy                                              

HAVE A NICE DAY FROM strykerjr   Man Happy

*This might be changed after some updating

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 5 of 27 (268 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28566 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Play No Man’s Land Starting Today on PlayStation Home

Cade Peterson on June 20th, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

In this first phase of No Man’s Land, all the upgrades in armor and weapons, besides the ones you get to start off, are for purchase. The game is intending to adapt based on community feedback, as we will be also bring more level maps out over time. Nothing evolves quite like Home does, so check it out and join the conversation in the forums: http://us.playstation.com/home-forums

Message 6 of 27 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
621 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Stryker:

Great review .... thanks for posting it here.

Personally I HATE having a game changing my clothes for me -- and then when done, KEEPING ME in those same ratty clothes. Kind of presumptuous for a game to do that; at least Mercia returned you the way you were dressed beforehand.
Message 7 of 27 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Another FREEMIUM failure

hurdles-fail.jpg

Message 8 of 27 (213 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 8, 2012
Not only does it remove the outfit you were wearing but any facial hair you have is removed and then have to be READDED to your face after youve left the space. You cant wear facial hair while playing only cleanshaven. Kinda removes the character from my customized avatar.
Support Forums
Message 9 of 27 (192 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

The idea for the auto-clothing is immersion. To "feel" that we are really in a battle zone, or or a pretend one. 

Many gamers like immersion. Who wants to be killed by a Subway sandwich or girl n a bikini in No Man's Land?

I have no issue because I like to dress for the space or game I am in. I don't understand why it would be a proble for this game.

Afterwards, I can dress out.

Message 10 of 27 (188 Views)