Highlighted
Dec 08 2013
By: TSUNADE1224 Treasure Hunter 3752 posts

My Home Story

27 replies 557 views Edited Dec 8, 2013

This comment and several others in this thread lead me to finally let go and tell my story, it is in no way an attack to/for anyone, just my take on peoples perspective (positive or negative) when it comes to us as a community.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PS-Home-isnt-the-Same-4-me-Anymore/m-p/42397...

I have been around since 2008 and Home is better than ever.  Maybe you people should join second life or something. And since Home doesn't cost anyone a dime unless you want it to I think anyone who complains should be ashamed.

This is a classic example on how some of us have a negative perspective on things/comments, Snow did not say that Home/Sony is bad but rather due to some bad interactions with some people they feel Home isn't the same to them.  Then proceeded to tell them to join second life and they should be ashamed .... Of what?  All this person did was vent a bit about how they feel.

I think we, I , us as people tend to lose our humanity and sense of kindness towards one another.  Sometimes all they/we want is a sympathetic ear instead of the "You take Home too seriously"  "You need to take a bread and go outside"  "You don't need to use Home everyday" comments that people OH so often say when they hear a story like this, now who should be ashamed?

I told Jersqual that one day I would share my story, at that time I was not ready, but now I feel I am:

I was the victim of abuse at the hand of my own father, Its was so bad I tried to take my own life.  My father didn't even bother going to the hospital and once I was back all he had to say to me was "You are an embarrassment to me" my mother wised up and left him but not before permanent scars were left inside of me and my sibs.  Im not gonna bore you with all the details, being in the military my father ran us like soldiers and god forbid those who didn't live up to his expectations or simply made a mistake.

He had destroyed my ability to trust people, my self esteem, I was even afraid to go outside other then to go to school for he would strike me and humiliate me for not having the best grades.  THEN through the request of someone I played LBP with I joined Home not knowing what to expect.  I was AMAZED and delighted, TODAY I can honestly say that through some of the kind and compassionate people I've met on Home and the forums, I am and have been well on my way to finding myself once again.  I may seem harsh at times but deep down I'm really a softee who (I'll admit) sometimes still cries when felt misunderstood.

So to those who like to say "Maybe you should go outside and take a break, its not real" I would say, I do go outside, but staying inside was one of the best decisions I've ever made Smiley Happy  Special thanks to Jers, Joanna and Ed who were not afraid to tell me I was out of line and gave me a good amount of food for thought, for I am better today for it.   Thank You

Message 1 of 28 (557 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: My Home Story

Dec 8, 2013

Oh my that's pretty brave for sharing that real life story. Sorry about what you had to go though. Life isn't always easy and one has to persevere to get by. 

hugs 

Joanna

Message 2 of 28 (547 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Tsu, I am sorry for what you went through, nobody should have to endure that.  But clearly the experience has made you a stronger person.  Much stronger than most of us, myself included.  I could tell from reading your posts.

And you are one of the finest examples of the Home Community.  I still remember from when you helped me in Pier Park a year ago.  I still appreciate it.  Woman Very Happy

I think that in between all the "Home's Future" threads and error threads and what have you, we forget that when you boil it down to its essentials, Home is really much more than "this silly app on the XMB that serves as a gateway to trolls, abusers, hackers, and freezers".  It is truly a living, breathing envorinment of people (some not-so-good, granted, but most are) who are just willing to have fun, shoot the stuff, hang loose, gather, commiserate, get acorns, play mimigames, earn rewards, go fashionista, take challenges, and/or just relax a bit from gaming and/or the rigors of real life.

I have met some truly wonderful people on Home.  And I look forward to continue making the Home experince, to myself, my friends and others, the best I possibly can for as long as possible.

Thank you for sharing this.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 28 (535 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Dec 8, 2013

This is a great story, TSU. PS Home did a lot of good things for us that probably even saved our lives. Smiley Happy

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 28 (533 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Wow Tsu, your story touched me this morning, seeing that your experience in trusting people is, as well as your experience in general, quite, dare I say it, similiar to mine. I am glad that the both of us, definitely others I sure too, have found an outlet to allow us to meet and interact with others. I'm also happy to have met you on occasion, Kikai and Aurora being the most memorable, for you seem like a good person and def. friendly towards me. Smiley Happy

Thank you for your insight. And please, since I saw you last week in Spun'Mas, as I was laser-focused in grinding for Portal points, don't fall asleep in Spunland. Smiley Wink Take care!

Message 5 of 28 (510 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 8, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

This comment and several others in this thread lead me to finally let go and tell my story, it is in no way an attack to/for anyone, just my take on peoples perspective (positive or negative) when it comes to us as a community.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PS-Home-isnt-the-Same-4-me-Anymore/m-p/42397...

I have been around since 2008 and Home is better than ever.  Maybe you people should join second life or something. And since Home doesn't cost anyone a dime unless you want it to I think anyone who complains should be ashamed.

This is a classic example on how some of us have a negative perspective on things/comments, Snow did not say that Home/Sony is bad but rather due to some bad interactions with some people they feel Home isn't the same to them.  Then proceeded to tell them to join second life and they should be ashamed .... Of what?  All this person did was vent a bit about how they feel.

I think we, I , us as people tend to lose our humanity and sense of kindness towards one another.  Sometimes all they/we want is a sympathetic ear instead of the "You take Home too seriously"  "You need to take a bread and go outside"  "You don't need to use Home everyday" comments that people OH so often say when they hear a story like this, now who should be ashamed?

I told Jersqual that one day I would share my story, at that time I was not ready, but now I feel I am:

I was the victim of abuse at the hand of my own father, Its was so bad I tried to take my own life.  My father didn't even bother going to the hospital and once I was back all he had to say to me was "You are an embarrassment to me" my mother wised up and left him but not before permanent scars were left inside of me and my sibs.  Im not gonna bore you with all the details, being in the military my father ran us like soldiers and god forbid those who didn't live up to his expectations or simply made a mistake.

He had destroyed my ability to trust people, my self esteem, I was even afraid to go outside other then to go to school for he would strike me and humiliate me for not having the best grades.  THEN through the request of someone I played LBP with I joined Home not knowing what to expect.  I was AMAZED and delighted, TODAY I can honestly say that through some of the kind and compassionate people I've met on Home and the forums, I am and have been well on my way to finding myself once again.  I may seem harsh at times but deep down I'm really a softee who (I'll admit) sometimes still cries when felt misunderstood.

So to those who like to say "Maybe you should go outside and take a break, its not real" I would say, I do go outside, but staying inside was one of the best decisions I've ever made Smiley Happy  Special thanks to Jers, Joanna and Ed who were not afraid to tell me I was out of line and gave me a good amount of food for thought, for I am better today for it.   Thank You

LOL Boring story. Cat LOLRobot LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOL

Message 6 of 28 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Very proud of you Tsu. Smiley Wink

Some have no idea how tough things can be and everyone has a story.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 28 (462 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Very proud of you Tsu. Smiley Wink

Some have no idea how tough things can be and everyone has a story.

Yeap and it's far from boring. 

Message 8 of 28 (454 Views)
MVP Support
14360 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

It's an awesome story that you have shared with us on how you survived an abusive childhood. I am quite sorry you had to go through all of the pain, and I hope you can understand that it's not your fault that you were abused and you did nothing to deserve it.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 9 of 28 (441 Views)
I Only Post Everything
851 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Thank you for having the courage to share what you have been through.  It reminded me of another thread from awhile back in which I read and had to respond (won't go into the specifics, but it hit close to home).  Have posted it before, but the sentiments are the same:  No one should be made to feel worthless or less than significant.  It may take a little more energy to do, but it feels a lot better to pick people up instead of knocking them down.  I wish you, and everyone else here and on Home, much happiness.

Message 10 of 28 (431 Views)