Highlighted
Oct 10 2012
By: Keara22HI Survivor 2284 posts

Music Buyer's Guide

14 replies 239 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

I am busy shooting footage for a machinima of the music available to buy in Home, including name of developer, name of item, current price, number  of musical selections included, and a picture of the item (with sound) in an appropriate location so buyers can see the size of the item relative to other items in Home.  I also am trying to divide them into those that are better in a private space for personal entertaining (like the Mass Media grand piano) and those that are better in a club room for parties like the new nDreams BoxBeats.

I also want to include the personal spaces that have musical content built in that works well for parties such as the Musicality Suite.

So far, I have covered all the items in The Music Store in the Hub.  And, although the grand piano is not listed in there, friends have been helping me search for others.

In addition to all of that, I also shot the footage from the furthest point where the sound was audible.  So that you will get an idea of the range.   And I used every club skin I possess for shooting sites since, in my world, one of the primary functions of a club space is 'party pad!'.

If you have an item or a space that I have missed. please send me an invite so I can shoot footage of it. 

Message 1 of 15 (239 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Music Buyer's Guide

Oct 10, 2012

Keara you probably should post a check off list with the items youve already managed to find so you dont get the same items added

Message 2 of 15 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Oct 11, 2012

ok, so far I have:

Home Tycoon's Record Player

Box Beats

Musical Tiki Bar

Cutthroats Music Player

Bootleggers' '29 Radio

FreeStyle Dance Floor

DukDown boombox

El_P Boombox

Prosthetic Boombox

Fearless Records

Scariachis Skeleton Band

Novus Prime Stereo

8Bit Weapon

Ballerina Music Box

Playground Boombox

Grand Piano

Message 3 of 15 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Thankyou Keara, I look forward to seeing this.

I've wanted to buy some of the music items, but would like to have a preview of them first. So far I've bought none of them, so it'll be nice to be able to go through your list when you've completed it to pick a couple out to buy.

Message 4 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Oct 11, 2012

I got the Box Beats. It's pretty nice. Reminds me of techno-trance music. I put it in my club thinking everyone could use it and play with it, while im not there....nope. Only the owner can operate it. That was the only reason why i bought it, for my friends not really so much for me. So yeah...something to keep in mind if that affects your purchase.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 5 of 15 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
65 posts

Oct 11, 2012

I noticed you don' t have the 'Musical Santa with Guitar' listed there. I'd be happy to help you with that one if you need it.

Home Signature.jpg

Message 6 of 15 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Adding the slap happy music player to the list. It allows for access to the Slap Happy public space, and was one of the oldest music players along with the playground boombox. If you need any help, you know where to find me ;P
Support Forums
Message 7 of 15 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Where are these items being sold currently?  As a Buyer's Guide, I need to show prices.  And, may I visit your space to shoot the machinima footage of that item in action?  I also need to find someone who has the Flaming Guitar.

Message 8 of 15 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Sounds like it's going to be a very useful guide for the community. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Sure, the Slap Happy one is officially called the 'Phonograph Music Box (with game)' and can be found in the navigator 'Music' store. It is listed as $2.49 currently. You may come over anytime you would like to see it. More than welcome Smiley Happy

Others in the 'Music' store I don't see listed here (although I don't own these personally), are,

- Musical Valentine's Heart Shaped Box $1.99
- Phantom 5000 Beat Machine $1.99
- Musical St. Patrick's Pot O' Gold $2.99

I can't find the musical santa Wirp mentioned although I remember it being for sale at one point, just probably not anymore...
Support Forums
Message 10 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes