May 09 2007
By: Spideywebs Wastelander 661 posts

Multiuser in Home?

11 replies 2 views Edited May 9, 2007
 Anyone know if you can have more than one person enter Home from one console? I know it's probably unlikely, but I am curious. Come on, you beta testers, let me know
>
Message 1 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Multiuser in Home?

May 9, 2007
i havent heard anything on it. and its not right asking the beta testers put their rears on the line for you.
Message 2 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

May 9, 2007
Was I asking you? Nope, don't think I was. Thanks for the worthless comment though
>
Message 3 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

May 9, 2007
Think about it! Can you log-in with multi users on your PS3 alone? The anwser is no. Home has nothing to do with it.

Your defined by the rules of your PS3: Only 1 PS3 user can be associated to a PSN acct so I don't believe its possible to have more than 1 user log-in to a PS3 at the sametime and both access Home.

Message 4 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 9, 2007

Spideywebs wrote:
Was I asking you? Nope, don't think I was. Thanks for the worthless comment though

First off, I'm almost positive only one user can login to the Home server from a PS3.

Second, if you read the EULA, you'll see that these beta testers are under a microscope about the information they may release

Third, don't expect anything more then a "worthless" comment from someone if you can't handle criticism.

!
Message 5 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

May 9, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:
Think about it! Can you log-in with multi users on your PS3 alone? The anwser is no. Home has nothing to do with it.

Your defined by the rules of your PS3: Only 1 PS3 user can be associated to a PSN acct so I don't believe its possible to have more than 1 user log-in to a PS3 at the sametime and both access Home.

Yeah, I thought about that. I think that would be fun though, to have someone else with you as you use the program. Would everyone else use this if it were added?
>
Message 6 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

May 9, 2007

Viralblue wrote:

Spideywebs wrote:

First off, I'm almost positive only one user can login to the Home server from a PS3.

Second, if you read the EULA, you'll see that these beta testers are under a microscope about the information they may release

Third, don't expect anything more then a "worthless" comment from someone if you can't handle criticism.

What criticism? Any post that doesn't contribute to a thread is a worthless comment, and lets face it, so many people post just to boost their post count. Yours is teetering on the edge of a worthless comment, as everyone knows that only one user can log in and youhave no useful information in your post. However, that doesn't have to be a factor that would stop them from adding multiple users if they wanted to. How hard would that be?
>
Message 7 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

May 9, 2007

Spideywebs wrote:

Viralblue wrote:

Spideywebs wrote:

What criticism? Any post that doesn't contribute to a thread is a worthless comment, and lets face it, so many people post just to boost their post count. Yours is teetering on the edge of a worthless comment, as everyone knows that only one user can log in and youhave no useful information in your post. However, that doesn't have to be a factor that would stop them from adding multiple users if they wanted to. How hard would that be?

Actually it would be very difficult. think about it. I have 2 different Gmail accts and I cannot log into both at the same time from the same machine.  you only have 1 signal connecting to the psn at a time.  Another way to look at is....... if you have multiple users on your pc can more than 1 be logged in at a time.........NO.  Not going to happen, you would have to have the ability to broadcast an entirely different mac address (i think) at the same time.
Message 8 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

May 9, 2007
Ok, put aside the fact that you think it would be difficult to program. Would you like to be able to do it? It would be fun to bring a friend in, or my wife or kid.
>
Message 9 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

May 9, 2007
Please MODS lock this "Worthless Post"
PSN: Stink_fist
Free Image HostingFree Image Hosting
Message 10 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes