Highlighted
Nov 30 2012
By: Jacked-Assassin Sackboy 414 posts

Mount / Dismount Option Wanted

8 replies 267 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

This is based on the idea if you own both the companion version & the mount version. The first & so far only example of this would Maliki The Lion. Instead of going back into inventory you could target Maliki & select Mount. Then to dismount press circle. Or if they ever made the run faster automatic maybe you could cycle between the two by pressing square.

Message 1 of 9 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: Mount / Dismount Option Wanted

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

This is based on the idea if you own both the companion version & the mount version. The first & so far only example of this would Maliki The Lion. Instead of going back into inventory you could target Maliki & select Mount. Then to dismount press circle. Or if they ever made the run faster automatic maybe you could cycle between the two by pressing square.

Better watch out for rustlers, they will mount your Maliki the lion and ride off to the sunset when you dismount Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 9 (261 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

EDIT:  NM,  thought the thread was about something else based on the title... Smiley Wink

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 3 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Nah!  if we were to leave his back.... he eat us for sure... by the time we make him run he is so ticked off he eat us in a sec....

So not good idea, LOL!

U don't want to be a meal for a lion do ya?

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 4 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

You never stated what button would be used to finish.

Message 5 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Yeesh too many people take my suggestion out of context....

Message 6 of 9 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3859 posts

Dec 1, 2012
;^) I think animating the mount/dismount process would be very satisfying, but it'd also involve more code, so it may not be feasible. Segueing between a companion and a mount seamlessly would be amazing. Both sets of animations may need to be written with the transition in mind, though. Altogether, an excellent suggestion, dude.
Message 7 of 9 (126 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) I think animating the mount/dismount process would be very satisfying, but it'd also involve more code, so it may not be feasible. Segueing between a companion and a mount seamlessly would be amazing. Both sets of animations may need to be written with the transition in mind, though. Altogether, an excellent suggestion, dude.

Thanks for understanding what I was suggesting. I'd really like to see the animation between the two. But if they couldn't I'd at least like to switch between the two without having to go through menus.

Message 8 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Actually, I can see this working.  Have the item as two items (that come together), and when you press a button (like square), it acts as a shortcut and switches from the locomotion item to the companion version and vice versa.  Of course it wouldn't have a transition, but it seems like it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 9 of 9 (98 Views)