Oct 01 2012
By: RockCandyGirl Uncharted Territory 1232 posts

‪Mortgage equity discount‬.. sort of

13 replies 292 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

I think some of us early arrivals to Home should receive some form of thank-you from Sony. We were the one's from the start buying the early versions of clothing and apartment spaces that today in reality (ok not really reality)  look quite crude and were obviously a leaning tool for the Home Developers of today.

Early purchasers of the City Penthouse have seen their space surpassed by the Tycoon Penthouse, The Santorini Yacht, compared to the Dream Yacht or the Tropical Escape and Luxury Lake House compared to the new Dream Island are just a few spaces that have been far surpassed from there humble beginnings.

Maybe some form of equity reward discount on new and future apartment spaces based on the number of spaces you already own. A loyalty program?
(I know a dirty word)

But I know this would conflict with Sony's business objectives and I'm doomed to carry on buying every new apartment and space as they are released. lol…. but the total investment is starting to add up!

Any thoughts?
what was your first apartment purchase?
how many do you own now?
and do you plan on continually buying new releases?

and yeah…bla bla I know this is a Beta.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 14 (292 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Re: ‪Mortgage equity discount‬.. sort of

Oct 2, 2012

Fail.

No one deserves special treatment, I don't care how early you've been on Home.  Do you early users really think you're better than, say for example, me because I started in 2009?

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 2 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

RockCandyGirl wrote:

But I know this would conflict with Sony's business objectives and I'm doomed to carry on buying every new apartment and space as they are released. lol…. but the total investment is starting to add up!

This has made them obtain even more money, if they followed on this loyalty program, they would loose all this extra investment. This is Sony. 

It would be nice, don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy spending more gracefully and I LOVE idea, but this will also interfere with developers. 

For Example:

Developer A: OMG They just bought out new space!! ($5.99)

Customer: Oh yeah totally.

Developer B: Releases better newer space with more stuff included at the same price!!* ($3.99)

Customer: Buys* OMG Now I get a discount!

Developer B: Hey they just bought our new space at a lower price, we are loosing profit, developer A received the full amount of $5.99..

Developer A: HAHAH OWNED!

This would lead to some odd competition, but hey it COULD work. I'm all for discounts. It's just from a business perspective from developers and Sony loosing money, it might not happen, unless they will profit..

THE KEY WORD: 

PROFIT

for them, not us*

Message 3 of 14 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Oct 2, 2012
You can buy stuff on Home? I mean, with real money? Smiley Surprised
Message 4 of 14 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Oct 2, 2012
LOL kane! Idk Candygurl I got lots of things for free in closed beta and I got the welcome back stuff too and lots of free apartments for doing nothing but being a Homey and logging in when the promos were on. I think that's more than enough for me plus there's lots of mini game rewards. don't get me wrong though it would be nice!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 5 of 14 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

well i got a free 10 bucks one month that i spent 75 bucks and i have a few free houses myself and i even got the welcome back stuff

Message 6 of 14 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Oct 2, 2012

it would be cool if there was some sort of loyalty program in home.  but not really losing any sleep over it

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 7 of 14 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I believe most of the early stuff are bundles now.... correct me if im wrong....

Message 8 of 14 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

I don't know of any scenario in life where a business will offer a credit to people who bought and older, outdated version of something way back when, just because a newer better version came out. Although in real life you can sell your existing home to buy a new one.

In PS Home that would get us back into the discussion we have had many times about returning for refund or re-selling items - which we know Sony will never do.

Message 9 of 14 (171 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Oct 2, 2012

My point exactly, the early peeps bought this stuff before the big bundles and fire sales... Just about everything on sale now and being blown out now, we bought when it first came out. Some companies allow trade-ins and or loyalty rewards for amounts purchased, say per month....

I'm not saying what I spend in a month, but ..... Every week or so there's a new and improved model out and some of them are just bigger and nicer versions of apartments already there. Meanwhile we're stuck with the older apartments  and clothing that these developers learned on.

just saying...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 14 (156 Views)
0 Likes