4421 posts

Re: Mortality in Home....

Oct 3, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

If you want that, go for it........... Pour water on your PS3 and start over, simple as that............ I'm good where I'm at I don't need to add anymore drama in my life than what I have now......... I'm a big boy now.........  One day you'll see that too.......... Smiley Wink

ooooooo.  That burns..... Owe, your words are like acid. That's not very HOME like; now is it?  No cuddles and snuggies?  Fuzzy animal heads and chic clothing as gifts for playing along?

Besides, destruction of actual property seems a bit ridiculous, and childish to me. Nes pa?Smiley Wink

Moble

It was supposed to burn like it did to my eyes when I read your thread... Nope, I'm not putting any sugar on this...... I said what I said eat it and weep.....

Destruction of HOME as you suggested seems a bit ridiculous and childish to me... If your suggestion is to turn HOME into GTA, buy and play GTA.... HOME is a Social Media with games... 

Again, GL with your wish, hope it FAILS....

Go buy the SIMS, back at ya kiddo.

Moble

Why would I buy the SIMS, I have HOME, as it is now.........  Thanks for the compliment, not many call me a kid these days.. 

BTW I'm not personally attacking you, It's just mine and obviously others opinions that your idea is just flat out WRONG......  What your suggesting is a game not Social Media as HOME is.... A dog is a dog and a cat is cat.... Two different animals.... See the picture? Smiley Wink

Awe... Puppy Kitty

Cute

Moble

Message 41 of 45 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 3, 2012

On that note, I will leave you all to discuss.  I have Big Boy things to do now.  Have to turn the game off and do some real world things.  

I do not see any post as an attack jimmynet.  I take them all as constructive criticism, as I have tried to provide.

I wish you all a good day for now, enjoy the GAMES.

Moble

Message 42 of 45 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 3, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

On that note, I will leave you all to discuss.  I have Big Boy things to do now.  Have to turn the game off and do some real world things.  

I do not see any post as an attack jimmynet.  I take them all as constructive criticism, as I have tried to provide.

I wish you all a good day for now, enjoy the GAMES.

Moble

Cheers and Good Day to you too Moble! Smiley Happy

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 43 of 45 (122 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Oct 3, 2012

With your post "Let's add a little "danger" to the HOME environment.  Life is dangerous, why can't HOME be?", it's obvious to infer that real life danger is somehow a positive thing, and as such should be included in Home (to make it more interesting). Thus, this is not a blind assumption, but an interpretation of your meaning. So forgive me, but I honestly took offence to the inference.

You put this up as a suggestion for the Home experience, and I think it's pretty clear that the vast majority or responders... well, let's be honest, just don't like the idea. I'll go as far as saying that some people, including myself, are downright threatened by it. I enjoy Home a lot, and the possibility of the eradication of my avatar, the elimination of my apartments, and the destruction of my items... on a random basis, or even a PLANNED basis... is an awful idea. Hey, I understand where you are coming from. Many people really enjoy games where they can destroy and wreak havoc while trying to avoid being destroyed themselves. It's a thrill. You know, if you like that kinda thing, it's fine. But there are MORE than enough games out there like that. Home even has a few games that offer some of those kinds of experiences. But as a whole, I believe your suggestion of introducing mortality, indeed to the point where you can lose everything you have spent real world money and year's worth of time, would not make Home more interesting, but would in fact utterly ruin it.

"for those who did not expect or want to start over, this would add that realism to it".

Yup, it would add realism, all right. The exact kind of realism I don't want and try to avoid in real life as much as possible. It's the whole reason I use Home... to briefly escape that kind of awful experience (or even thinking about the potential of that kind of awful experience). I know, it's just a game and I certainly could survive it if Home imploded and destroyed itself in this manner, but I would be unhappy it went in such a disasterous direction.

Look, thanks for your suggestion, and I understand why you might make it but...but you know what?  It's a bad, bad idea, at least for Home. Luckily, you have a ton of options if you're looking for loss, death and destruction in video games, so don't take it too hard.

If any developers happen to check in to this thread... PLEASE, do not do this (IMHO). But don't just go by my reaction... I think it's pretty clear this idea is NOT getting support from anyone other than the OP (at least, not that I have yet read).

Message 44 of 45 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 4, 2012

CameraCat wrote:

With your post "Let's add a little "danger" to the HOME environment.  Life is dangerous, why can't HOME be?", it's obvious to infer that real life danger is somehow a positive thing, and as such should be included in Home (to make it more interesting). Thus, this is not a blind assumption, but an interpretation of your meaning. So forgive me, but I honestly took offence to the inference.

You put this up as a suggestion for the Home experience, and I think it's pretty clear that the vast majority or responders... well, let's be honest, just don't like the idea. I'll go as far as saying that some people, including myself, are downright threatened by it. I enjoy Home a lot, and the possibility of the eradication of my avatar, the elimination of my apartments, and the destruction of my items... on a random basis, or even a PLANNED basis... is an awful idea. Hey, I understand where you are coming from. Many people really enjoy games where they can destroy and wreak havoc while trying to avoid being destroyed themselves. It's a thrill. You know, if you like that kinda thing, it's fine. But there are MORE than enough games out there like that. Home even has a few games that offer some of those kinds of experiences. But as a whole, I believe your suggestion of introducing mortality, indeed to the point where you can lose everything you have spent real world money and year's worth of time, would not make Home more interesting, but would in fact utterly ruin it.

"for those who did not expect or want to start over, this would add that realism to it".

Yup, it would add realism, all right. The exact kind of realism I don't want and try to avoid in real life as much as possible. It's the whole reason I use Home... to briefly escape that kind of awful experience (or even thinking about the potential of that kind of awful experience). I know, it's just a game and I certainly could survive it if Home imploded and destroyed itself in this manner, but I would be unhappy it went in such a disasterous direction.

Look, thanks for your suggestion, and I understand why you might make it but...but you know what?  It's a bad, bad idea, at least for Home. Luckily, you have a ton of options if you're looking for loss, death and destruction in video games, so don't take it too hard.

If any developers happen to check in to this thread... PLEASE, do not do this (IMHO). But don't just go by my reaction... I think it's pretty clear this idea is NOT getting support from anyone other than the OP (at least, not that I have yet read).

CameraCat, your point is taken, and I do sincerely respect your views and values, as I do with all posts in the Forum.  I really do have a sympathetic and shared (although I do not think it necessary to compare lives, as I believe you may feel the same) realization of the need to escape from real life at times.  

Upon reading the responses I do not think my concepts would be acceptable to some, or the masses, for that matter.  I simply wished to introduce a counter view, with no intentions of deliberately taking something away from others.  This happens too much in real life, I agree.  Perhaps I should have included the caveat in my presentation for a "choice" in deciding whether or not mortality would be part of each person's HOME life.

There are many games out there that provide the danger and loss components, I agree.  These games are not for everyone, as HOME may not be for everyone as well.  The subject of my post was to obtain feedback and perspective on the possibilities of such components.  As you have eloquently stated, most people are NOT receptive to the idea, and I do respect that.  

Some of my comments were meant to be tongue in cheek and I understand, under serious circumstances, these could be construed as offensive in some manner.  It was not my intention to be offensive at all.  That being said, I always speak what is on my mind, and I never retract what I say.  My word is my bond.  If we do not have our word in this life, then we truly have nothing.

I understand more now, the level of commitment and sacrifice people put into there avatars in HOME.  Speaking monetarily, I too would be dismayed to find all that I spent my money and time on was gone in an instant.  This happens in life, and it is not too exciting when it does.  Gambling is what it would boil down to in the end, and like myself, not everyone likes to gamble.  Yes, there are games out there for gambling as well, I know.  

I feel I must make another point, not to continue to debate, but it stands to reason I must defend myself.  You took offence to my inference, fair enough.  I apologize to you, for potentially making light of the dangers of real life.  I know the feeling of tragedy, destruction and loss.  That being said, I too took offense to your inference, as we shall call it, that my life has been nothing but sunrises and safety.  Whether that was an inference or an assumption, I will agree to disagree on that.  

We and many more people in this World get caught up in strife caused by the mixing of words and differences of opinions, often by other people.  I did not intend my post to be the tinder for moral turpitude.  I only wished, as I have stated, to bring a healthy debate contrasting two genres of gaming, and the potentials for integration.

Enjoy HOME as it is, I do not think you have any worry about developers taking to my suggestion.  HOME functions just fine the way it is, I agree.  I feel as though we have lost focus of what the post was suggesting, for a game.  Gaming IS an escape from our lives, that is why we all love them.  

Whether they be; puzzles, fighting, social networks, or war,  they are games.  Again, it was never my intention to offend the values, or ideals of anyone.  I simply wished to offer a healthy debate on the possibilities of drastic change.  I have my answer in the many posts, but more importantly in yours CameraCat.  You have shed the most brilliant light on why the ideas I suggested, would not be acceptable.  Thank you for that.

CameraCat I respect your opinion and your view.  Thank you for posting on this thread, you were the most adult and professional in the presentation of your argument.  You are an example of what this Forum needs the most.

I am happy that I now live in safety and comfort, and wish we all could.  Thank you all for posting here, I look forward to more Forum discussions with all of you in the future.  Good day.

Moble

Message 45 of 45 (80 Views)
0 Likes