Jan 10 2013
By: Shae_Wolf Wastelander 571 posts

More anime costumes!

9 replies 513 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

After finding out Boom corperation made outfits for the Toei Animation anime Galaxy Express 999, I would like to see more anime outfits from Toei Animation created by Boom like Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon as well as more anime clothing all together.

galaxy  

anime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toei_Animation

I know of a lot of people who would like a lot more anime clothing on Home, and would also like to see more anime style clothing and hair. 

And while I'm at it, we would also like to see Miku Hatsune and Black Rock Shooter in NA Home. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10 (513 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Re: More anime costumes!

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Although we can always wish, I doubt BOOM Corp will be able to create for those kind of titles. DB and Sailormoon are probably pricey to make a deal and those titles are still licenced with many other companies worldwide. Also the only thing that they made are the Galaxy Express 999 stuff and that was in early to mid 2012 in Japan and haven't made an appearance since then. Doesn't seem they're a company that is focusing strongly in Home.

The most realistic chance probably will be classic animes during the 70s and 80s where most licences have expired and is waiting for someone to pick it up.

Message 2 of 10 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Perhaps if interested in this idea try entering this Information in a suggestion thread, perhaps your idea will be considered and a Home Developer may design something similiar. Link to suggestion thread - http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/January-2013-Suggestions/m-p/39227259#U39227...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 10 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jan 10, 2013

If Japan doesn't have it, there's no chance we'll ever get it.

Anime costumes Japan has.

Galaxy Express 999

Hatsune Miku

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Black Rock Shooter

Macross Frontier

Lagrange

Message 4 of 10 (383 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Jan 10, 2013

and Cyborg 009 Smiley Tongue Smiley Surprised

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 5 of 10 (349 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jan 10, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

and Cyborg 009 Smiley Tongue Smiley Surprised

Yes. I forgot that one.

Message 6 of 10 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Jan 10, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

If Japan doesn't have it, there's no chance we'll ever get it.

Anime costumes Japan has.

Galaxy Express 999

Hatsune Miku

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Black Rock Shooter

Macross Frontier

Lagrange

The only one on that list that's not likely to ever see a US release is Macross, given the long history between Macross and its altered and americanized Robotech rendition; namely, the legal battles between Big West, Tatsunoko Productions and Harmony Gold interfering with other Macross related titles release.

There's only about 3 series that ever managed to make it through that particular Itano Circus, which is: the re-release of the Macross TV Show, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers, Again, and Macross Plus.

Really, it's Harmony Gold that blocks most things Macross in America, while the rest of the world gets Macross-related merchandise.  But that's a loaded topic better discussed elsewhere; I only mentioned it to those who wish for Macross to appear in PS Home in any shape or form.

Message 7 of 10 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Hatsune Miku will never go outside japan as well as shes a japan idol and endless they start pushing her out there is no way Black Rock Shooter needs to get a license rights and as far as i know it has none and the fact the outfits in home our from the ova not the tv show Neon Genesis Evangelion the new outfits are from the 3rd film and that still has no license but i do believe that funimation owns it and sony and funimation will need to work on that im anime geek i know this stuffSmiley Tongue and Macross Frontier is dead in japan now as the outfits are gone last Lagrange was made by Gaw who at this point and time do not seem to want to try to bring stuff to NA 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 8 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Evangelion and Cyborg 009 are the only ones out of that list that stand a *shot* at coming, but it would take a near miracle. I want the angels sooooooo bad.
Support Forums
Message 9 of 10 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I'm honestly shocked we got this much...I mean, we have the 'anime' outfits but they're rather terrible...xD Those anime faces on those outfits are terrifying...I remember watching Galaxy Express yeeeeeeeaaaaars ago. I think I rather liked it. I don't remember. But I have to say, I'd pick up Hatsune Miku in a heartbeat if it somehow made it over here. Yeah, when pigs fly.

Message 10 of 10 (211 Views)