Jul 12 2012
By: SuperMilfGhost Splicer 46 posts

More Rooms?

14 replies 227 views Edited Jul 12, 2012

I have a fair amount of spaces and I realized that its one but space. The harbor is one thing because it's a studio, but the mansions and so one should have a "bedroom" or two... or dividers to change the space into something more functional and I am not talking about the fancy dividers .... more like a plain wall. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 15 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: More Rooms?

Jul 12, 2012

Mansion second floor has a bedroom but I understand you and agree. more bedrooms would be nice.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 15 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 12, 2012

I agree.

Most of the more modern apartments they release, feel more like studios were everything is just in one room and that's it.

It would be nice to have seperate rooms, like a bedroom and a bathroom. 

If the developers would take some tips from Sony's mansion they released forever ago, but leave out all the tacky gold.  Cat Tongue

I think more people would enjoy buying apartments. 

Message 3 of 15 (209 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Jul 12, 2012

That Blueprint thing Aurora is working on might be just for you if you want to set up your own rooms. Seems pretty nifty.

Message 4 of 15 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Yeah for that Apt being a Mansion i don't think a real Mansion would ever ever ever be that small and so limited. It's more of a regular low class house than a TRUE Mansion... Just saying real it is not.

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 5 of 15 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

While the mansion in my opinion does pay for itself, some of the baked in furniture should have the option to be moved or even removed. It severly limits the ability to add our own personal touches to the space.

Whats the point in owning it if you cant actually exhibit the pride in saying..."I created this furnishing design" !

And because of this I rarely even go to my mansion set unless I'm giving rewards to help newer users. And now because of this, in retrospect it makes me feel as if I paid all that money to merely "gift" others. I'm by no means a philanthropist but at the same time I do enjoy giving, however theres really not much you can do with either 1st or 2nd floors of the mansion.

Message 6 of 15 (191 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Some friends pointed this out to me, and I'm glad they did. Loot came out with a bundle years ago, intended for Home clients to be able to build sets in their studio spaces. The bundle contains a lot of flats to create walls in set pieces. However, two really decent-looking... and large... walls are included with the bundle. One is a blue-painted wall, and the other (only available as part of the bundle), is a large brown wooden-textured wall. They both look great (on both sides), and are excellent for creating rooms in the big, cavernous spaces such as the French Chateau. It's not a perfect solution, but it does help.

Beware, the walls are quite large and are too high for some spaces (ironically, I believe they are sold as part of Loot Ghostbuster's furniture series, but they don't fit well in the Ghostbuster's apartment!).

It's an older bundle, but it is very reasonably priced (uhhh... less than $2, I think). The blue wall can also be purchased separately.

But I do agree that some of these grand classic-style personal spaces are lacking rooms! In fact, I quite like the Cutthbridge Estate because, amongst many terrific features, it has actual rooms (including a kitchen and bathroom).

A classic design does not make sense as a loft.

Message 7 of 15 (171 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Isn't there a bedroom in the mansion? Ya know, the second floor with the bed in it.

Message 8 of 15 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Also, I realized I hate pre-furnished places. I like the plants and decorative stuff, but when it comes to a bed or couch.... maybe I didn't want that bed there. LOL I did purchase some walls and dividers... For the walls from Loot, its too high in a lot of my space and for the dividers I have I have to use so many to divide my space and it still doesn't really give the effect I need. Home needs shorter walls or more solid dividers.

Blueprint should be interesting, but I have a feeling that they won't have enough floor or ceiling option. However I am still gonna purchase it because its heading in the right direction. I hope I don't judge it too harshly because I play the Sims religiously on my PC, so I love building homes.

Message 9 of 15 (100 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 13, 2012

CameraCat wrote:

Some friends pointed this out to me, and I'm glad they did. Loot came out with a bundle years ago, intended for Home clients to be able to build sets in their studio spaces. The bundle contains a lot of flats to create walls in set pieces. However, two really decent-looking... and large... walls are included with the bundle. One is a blue-painted wall, and the other (only available as part of the bundle), is a large brown wooden-textured wall. They both look great (on both sides), and are excellent for creating rooms in the big, cavernous spaces such as the French Chateau. It's not a perfect solution, but it does help.

Beware, the walls are quite large and are too high for some spaces (ironically, I believe they are sold as part of Loot Ghostbuster's furniture series, but they don't fit well in the Ghostbuster's apartment!).

It's an older bundle, but it is very reasonably priced (uhhh... less than $2, I think). The blue wall can also be purchased separately.

But I do agree that some of these grand classic-style personal spaces are lacking rooms! In fact, I quite like the Cutthbridge Estate because, amongst many terrific features, it has actual rooms (including a kitchen and bathroom).

A classic design does not make sense as a loft.

Cutthbridge is awesome, love the layout. Down fall is the lighting. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 15 (97 Views)
0 Likes