Reply
Survivor
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
1979 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNWPk6tYoUM

 

It would be nice to do some Tai Chi in public spaces.

Message 11 of 68 (390 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/29/2011
Offline
1633 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Why don't you fix some of the standing/sitting poses you released. While most are fine, there are some where the hands or arms to not touch your avatars body.


I agree with this. If you can't fix the gap in between the avatar hand and body , can you at least explain what is the reasoning behind it?

Message 12 of 68 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

I wonder if the Fitness Pole can be adjusted so that there is a cycling animation. I've seen this around the park and other places but not having it repeat and having to reload the LMO to get the animation to play again is definately a no sale for me.

 

Any update to the LMO or perhaps new versions of it later down the road with this feature will get me to open my wallet! Smiley Wink

 

Love your motion capture by the way. Your stuff is pretty much all I get these days with respect to dances. 

 

 

Message 13 of 68 (357 Views)
nDreams Developer
Registered: 06/07/2012
Offline
514 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Why don't you fix some of the standing/sitting poses you released. While most are fine, there are some where the hands or arms to not touch your avatars body.


I agree with this. If you can't fix the gap in between the avatar hand and body , can you at least explain what is the reasoning behind it?


Perfectly good reason for this. Every item that is produced need to work on all body types. For example, if someone was to have an avatar and had their body size at the widest there can't (or shouldn't) be any clipping through the avatar in order for it to get through the QA process.

 

So, if you are someone who has a really slim model then yes, there will be some small gaps for example if you were looking at having your hands on hips. 

 

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 14 of 68 (347 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2007
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

As for the fitness pole for $3,99 I expected a repeat and variation of moves. Would it be possible to update them for the costumers?

Message 15 of 68 (328 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
Registered: 06/07/2012
Offline
514 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

jazzy734II wrote:

As for the fitness pole for $3,99 I expected a repeat and variation of moves. Would it be possible to update them for the costumers?


Mentioned on a different post that these only had one animation, this is due to memory limitations when dealing with LMO's. Only way we coudl offer various poses would be to create brand new ones i'm afraid.

 

One thing though for this post, if we could keep this to ideas for motion capture that would be great. Please do feel free to drop me a message if you have any issues (or create a new thread).

 

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 16 of 68 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2007
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

Thank you.

Message 17 of 68 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/03/2009
Offline
3821 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

Bambi-01us
Message 18 of 68 (318 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/21/2012
Offline
1473 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

The chicken dance! I think it would be funny and silly to do!

I know most people do the arm in arm round a bout in it, but when doing it single, the round a bout can be done by extending arms out and moving in a circular motion as if flying or whatever.

I wish I could put in a video, but I do not know how to do that.



If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 19 of 68 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
12447 posts
 

Re: More Motion Capture!

Oct 17, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Why don't you fix some of the standing/sitting poses you released. While most are fine, there are some where the hands or arms to not touch your avatars body.


I agree with this. If you can't fix the gap in between the avatar hand and body , can you at least explain what is the reasoning behind it?


Perfectly good reason for this. Every item that is produced need to work on all body types. For example, if someone was to have an avatar and had their body size at the widest there can't (or shouldn't) be any clipping through the avatar in order for it to get through the QA process.

 

So, if you are someone who has a really slim model then yes, there will be some small gaps for example if you were looking at having your hands on hips. 

 

Joey


Perfectly good reason? C'mon Joe, that's a poor excuse if I ever heard one. Does anyone in your company actually use Home?

90% of the avatars are default out of the box height and width.

 

You'll see taller male and shorter female avatars, but you don't see many plus size avatars in Home. Fat people behind the avatar, yes, fat avatars, no.

I don't consider default width to be be really slim, and the gaps are not small enough that they don't bother me. I'm sure most people who bought these will agree.

Message 20 of 68 (299 Views)