Oct 15 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4505 posts

More LMO Avatars!

[ Edited ]
28 replies 932 views Edited Oct 15, 2013

I have to say, I am a sucker for the different LMO Avatars that VeeMee has been coming out with.

The first ones they came out with were the ones from the Animal 01 bundle:

• Tiger
  • Stag
  • Polar Bear
  • Spider

They all not only have such great detail, but they also have really impressive looking animations when not moving, moving slowly, and moving fast.  The one thing I wish they had were R1 special animations, like having the spider rear up on its hind legs, and have the polar bear stand up on its hind feet, or roll over, and have the stag rear up or head butt, and have the tiger swipe with its front paws, or roll over, etc.

Having R1 special animations gives the user an opportunity to get more into character with these types of LMO avatars.

Regardless, these were an instant buy for me when they came out.

The next round of LMO Avatars also came from VeeMee with their Mythical Creatures:

• Unicorn
  • Griffin
  • Dragon
  • Cerberus

and later...

• Phoenix
  • Manticore
  • Chimera

Followed by...

• Fiendish Hydra
  • Evil Manticore
  • Evil Chimera
  • Evil Cerberus
  • Demonic Phoenix
  • Demonic Griffin
  • Demonic Unicorn [3D Printer]
  • Evil Dragon [3D Printer]

The Mythical avatars aren't really my thing, and I haven't been as impressed with the look of most of them compared to their other LMO avatars, but a couple exceptions that I really liked were the Dragon and Hydra.  The dragon especially is nice as it has both crawling and flying animations.... But once again, none of these have any R1 special animation options. Smiley Sad

The next set of LMO avatars again has come from VeeMee, which is one of my favorites, and is the Giant Insect LMO Avatars:

• Giant Mantis
  • Giant Locust
  • Giant ladyBird (bug)
  • Giant Ant

The graphic detail with these is really impressive and very realistic looking, and not at all cartoonish looking.  Not only that, but their standing, walking, and running animations are fantastic!  Once again the only thing that is missing are R1 special animations, but they were still an instant buy for me.

They quickly followed these up with their Swarm LMO avatars:

• Butterflies
  • Bees
  • Dragonflies
  • Hummingbirds [3DPrinter]
  • Hornets [3D Printer]

Again, the details and animations are great!  Also, some of these swarms are fun to use with both friends and pervs.  For instance, you can surround your friends with butterflies and humming birds as they pose in a bed of flowers, or if they are being bothered by some pervs, instead of Noob Away, use the Bee or even better Hornet LMO avatars and chase them away - its sounds crazy but it really does work most of the time, as many likely do not know you can deactivate someone's LMO by putting them on Ignore. Smiley Happy

This week VeeMee is stepping it up and releasing Aquatic LMO Avatars:

(guessing the names by how they look)

• Great White Shark
  • Orca
  • Manta Ray
  • Bottlenose Dolphin [3D Printer]
  • Striped Marlin [3D Printer]

Starts at about TC 0:35

The only problem I see with the aquatic avatars, is that as an LMO, you can't use them in most areas with water.  One obvious and fun exception is the underwater area of GZ's Southern Island Hideaway space.  A less obvious one is Dream Island (and a reminder how swimming there is how ALL swimming should be in Home - as it not only has the smoothest transition from standing to swimming, but also allows you to use your portables and R1 camera, but unfortunately most areas with water deactivate LMOs. Smiley Sad

So far the only developer I know that has been making LMO avatars is VeeMee, but if I am missing any, please let me know and I'll update this list accordingly.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 29 (932 Views)
Sackboy
467 posts

Re: More LMO Avatars!

Oct 15, 2013

this threads not really needed.

Message 2 of 29 (900 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Oct 15, 2013

To be honest, I actually think that some of these would have been better as an outfit. I was going to get the mantis then realized it was an LMO. I wanted to use the shrink potion to make it really small. Smiley Sad

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 3 of 29 (892 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 15, 2013

DarkChun-li wrote:

That never seems to stop people from expressing an opinion they feel everyone else should read. Woman LOL

Jem!

Message 4 of 29 (882 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Oct 15, 2013

I must say I'm a big fan of the Avatar LMO's. Not sure it could be done as an outfit with four (or eight) legged, flying or swimming creatures.

The main issue for me is inventory limit. Do-Little being Dolittle... I still have many animal companions... No wondoers I don't buy dance moves!

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 5 of 29 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Jem__is_my__Name wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

That never seems to stop people from expressing an opinion they feel everyone else should read. Woman LOL

The joys of a public forum. People are encouraged to share their opinions on things.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 6 of 29 (833 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Oct 15, 2013
Personally I found this thread helpful in comparing the LMO avatars. Assists me in making an informed decision when deciding on which one to purchase.

Guess that is what makes the world go around. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Your cue King.

Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 7 of 29 (814 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Oct 15, 2013

The sea avatars look interesting but not really my taste. I wouldn't mind those cats as avatars though. But I'm guessing their just more active items or companions. But thanks for posting this thread Nitrate with the videos so we can see them in action. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 8 of 29 (791 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

To be honest, I actually think that some of these would have been better as an outfit. I was going to get the mantis then realized it was an LMO. I wanted to use the shrink potion to make it really small. Smiley Sad

I really like outfit wardrobe items as well, especially now with the Shrink Potion (even the 'furry' outfits/items (dogs, cats, hamsters, foxes, squirrels, etc) are fun to use with the potion.

However, I believe the reason the LMO animations look so much better is that the devs can custom create them while I suspect even with outfits like Konami's Warlock and Witch outfits that have custom moving animations, they don't seem to be as customizable as the LMOs do, and still seem to use the same basic human skeleton model as a reference to their movement and positions, even when crawling on the ground or flying in the air.

It would be nice if we could get a dev to talk about the difference between making an outfit with custom animated movements vs LMOs.

I suspect the reason so far at least, there hasn't been any animal outfits with animal like movements is because of the limits placed on outfits vs LMOs... But clearly there is some wiggle room, as the Konami Bat has lots of different movement animations, including 3 dif R1 special animations - so clearly they can't just claim it's "Memory Limitations".

I'm glad you brought it up though, and I hope some devs will shed some light on this as I to would love to see more non human wardrobe outfits with multiple animation options.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 9 of 29 (766 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

Jem__is_my__Name wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

LOL  If only there was a way not to read threads or posts you don't care about...  hmmmm. 

Then again, you both took the time to post in it, so maybe you have a different agenda.  Smiley Wink

"Like it never happened"

Message 10 of 29 (764 Views)