VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Re: Moderators, where are you?

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

duchessban1 wrote:

How can they report and move on? They said there is no name above their head so they can't report!

As soon as they threaten to do something bad, remember their PSN ID from the chat log. I suggest writing it down. Then come to this forum and send a PM (Private Messge) to HomeForumMods. Include the offender's correctly spelled PSN ID, the date, time, time zone and details of the offense. Inform your friends to do the same when they encounter the same issue.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 21 of 69 (546 Views)
Sackboy
236 posts

Re: Moderators where the hell are you?

Nov 11, 2013

The OP said the user name of the perp is not even in the chat log. So from my understanding there is no way to figure out who they are. You don't want to report someone else and get in trouble for false reporting.

Message 22 of 69 (539 Views)
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

duchessban1 wrote:

The OP said the user name of the perp is not even in the chat log. So from my understanding there is no way to figure out who they are. You don't want to report someone else and get in trouble for false reporting.

If you know who is doing the deed, or have a very strong suspicion of who it it, you can report them as described above. You can explain that the offender's PSN ID was not visible, but you are certain who it is. Moderation will understand.

We will not get into trouble for mistakenly reporting someone. Again Moderators will understand.

We can also simply report them from within Home. Just PM a friend of who you are reporting and why. PMs can be seen by Moderation. Then pick any name and send in the report. I usually pick an offensive name if one is available (two birds with one stone). This is a method that has been endorsed by Moderation and it's a method I have used many times before.

Message 23 of 69 (520 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

GHOST_STALKER23 wrote:

Well Blocking and Ignoring these things will not solve it. The OP has a valid point and I agree with him with that, something must be done about this and moderation should look in to this matter closely.

The avatar copying thing also happned to me in the Playground space a female avatar which has the frosty mask just copied my avatar from my hairdo up to the clothes I wore at that time, so yeah I understand the OP's sentiment.

Solves it for me. Only thing that can spoil it is a frozen server and it appears that's been patched for now. Who cares if they copy your avatar. It's only an avatar and I don't know how they can copy your personal avatar settings.  

Message 24 of 69 (514 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6254 posts

Nov 11, 2013

duchessban1 wrote:

How can they report and move on? They said there is no name above their head so they can't report! There has got to be something done about these foul mouthed freezer glitchers. We have been begging for years now and now they figured out a way to do it and remove their names, oh boy SMH!!!!!

Since we have the option to hide ID labels of companions and other Home users and not our own.

I suspect a work around was found by these individuals to hide their own PSN ID's.

It's not really all that surprising that this could so easily be exploited. Folks have been exploiting Home from day one.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 25 of 69 (491 Views)
Wastelander
751 posts

Nov 12, 2013

I saw two people just today that were talking as if they were friends. One had "![MOD]" infront of his name and even with the playstation home symbol instead of the [L] that most have, just as if they were a legit moderator. Only difference was that the name was not flashing as a real moderators text would. That and he was swearing up a storm and had 'special' symbols in his name. And the person he was talking too had no name at all. You could not select either of them and if I tried to go on eithers profile / send a PM it would show up a error (can't remember the exact error). Not sure how they figured out how to do this but its kind of scary that anyone could pose as a moderator in home nowadays. 

Message 26 of 69 (454 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

If you should encounter that again, write down the name of the "Moderator", come to this forum and send a PM to HomeForumMods. Do exactly what I had stated in my message above. 

Talking about it is one thing. Taking action gets the job done.

Message 27 of 69 (441 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Obvious troll thread is obvious.

Why are people even taking the OP seriously at all?

Come on now, guys.. really?

Message 28 of 69 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Nov 12, 2013
Ever use the "Locate" option in the local (expanded) chat log? If you load the names of who is in the local channel, perhaps you can narrow it down to who is hiding their ID. This is just a guess, I haven't seen a situation like this myself yet. But give it a try and let us know how it works.
Message 29 of 69 (405 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Conrad i suggest you take the time to actually read thread or is it too much for your fragile mind to understand that THERE IS NO USER NAME VISABLE OR THE ABILITY TO ACCESS USER NAME IN AND WAY!!! so stop with your write down ID and pm babble, there is no ID.

Lightening i have seen you hanging out with these types so stop trolling thread and stop acting like your not associated with them i hope moderators watch you now.

Thew i have tried that aswell and no it wouldn't even locate user and i located everyone in that server.

And Thank You everyone that is supporting this thread it is time for moderators to start cracking down hard, this stuff is breaking TOS and manipluating Sony Home Programming. So why are they getting away with it???

Message 30 of 69 (378 Views)