Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Re: Model Railroading final comes to HOME yay :)

Feb 13, 2011

I love Waffles! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cuYgxkBtpKo/TGAnhe6kBDI/AAAAAAAAAIM/r3wlvyAl-CU/s1600/Waffle+Pic.gif 

Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 11 of 23 (26 Views)
Sackboy
432 posts

Feb 13, 2011

when i read the title of the thread i didn't even have to look at who started it LOL

i swear boy..you & your trains. LBP2 beta forums should have had the subtitle: "...and TSFRJ's trains...and TSFRJ's levels about trains"

I propose TS gets his own feature in the community theater...

"Train Talk w/ TSFRJ"

and the reward for watching the vid could be a costume of this

http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/transformer-train.jpg

Message 12 of 23 (26 Views)
Fender Bender
2679 posts

Feb 13, 2011

I just wanted to say that I enjoy the train set a lot. While it may seem a bit silly to watch an "avatar" type replica of a toy train go around on a track, it is fun and well detailed. I have mine in my Playground apartment only at this time and it fits well.

I figure if I complain about things at times I should throw out a compliment the the devs who came out with something I like a lot. So consider the compliment thrown your way to however made it.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 13 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5699 posts

Feb 14, 2011

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

I just wanted to say that I enjoy the train set a lot. While it may seem a bit silly to watch an "avatar" type replica of a toy train go around on a track, it is fun and well detailed. I have mine in my Playground apartment only at this time and it fits well.

I figure if I complain about things at times I should throw out a compliment the the devs who came out with something I like a lot. So consider the compliment thrown your way to however made it.

-------------------------------------------------------
Kid Fleetfoot free agent baseball player in HOME
Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen

i went as far as  using the contact us option and send a e-mail to sony thanking them for it and asking for a engineer costume

images.jpg

Message 14 of 23 (26 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Feb 14, 2011
  • Are you able to use some of the Loot buildings to augment the area around the train tracks?
  • Could you please put in a whole-room shot to put this in perspective?  I need to know how much space it takes up in a personal apt.
  • How many items in your room item limit does this use?
  • Did you put it on the floor or on a large table top?
  • Would you consider being in an interview with HSMagazine about "Hobbyists and Their Passions in Home"?  I am writing about real-life hobbies translated into a virtual reality.  (Not many people are racing dolphins in real life, so it is a real research effort to write this one - I need all the hobbyists I can find).  Please send me an email:  DarthGranny@hsmagazine.net
Message 15 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 14, 2011

Keara,

This item takes up one active item slot and fits comfortably on top of the picnic table reward from Midway. I forget which game rewards that, but it's about the same depth as the picnic table and not quite as long.

You could easily nestle one of those Harbor studio tables under it and not have to look at the legs.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 16 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Feb 14, 2011

YES!  That sounds great - and it would also work on the Loot Soundstage along with all those office buildings.  Hmm, time for a re-make of "Attack of the 60 Foot Woman"  (remember that one from the 1950's   'she was affected by the radiation from the A-bomb testing - she grew to enormous size - now she wanders, dazed and deadly..... into a theatre near you').   Now all I need is someone with a screen capture ability and a sense of humor.

Message 17 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 14, 2011

Experience tells me that few Home users have a sense of humor. But you should be able to find someone with a capture card.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 18 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Feb 15, 2011

Already did one 'graphic novel' using the Loot stage (12 pics with captions)

PlayStation®Home Picture 12-5-2010 10-59-05.jpg

(the famous space duel scene from "Space Belles - A Romance in Outer Space")

I don't know about other Forum readers but I did crack up JPConway.  Maybe he was the only one who caught all the jokes.

Message 19 of 23 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Feb 15, 2011

this was my most anticipated item or space ever in home.  i didn't even hear about it until the day it came out. i ran over a lot of dancing noobies racing thru the mall to buy mine.  i love it.  ik it sounds silly but i am a train mark, so this was cool to me.  the fact that is a double track with a crossover is more than i expected.  thanx sony!

Message 20 of 23 (26 Views)