Reply
Jan 17 2011
By: kwoman32 Lombax Warrior 119 posts
Offline

Mixed Signals

18 replies 75 views Edited Jan 17, 2011

QUOTE: 

8,968 posts since
Aug 15, 2007

Currently Being Moderated

3. Jan 16, 2011 1:53 PM (in response to GIitchy)

Re: Promo Codes

It is the same thing guys..

  We do not get to many promos, but the codes we get from (7-11)Slurpee, Schick Products and Subway have been very popular here in the past. There should be a place to share these codes but if we can not do it here then we will find a way. We always do.

  Now, If you have access to other forums or blogs, Twitter or anything like that then post your codes there and let others know. We are home users and we know how to do this.. and how to find things. I know you guys can put something together, drop a link in a sig, Come on! get creative gawwwd!

Jers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we do as suggested and post links and it gets deleted?  Are you guys talking to each other?

Karen

Message 1 of 19 (75 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

The rules are clear. Posting outside of the forums is what others are doing. I'm sure someone can PM you with more info.Users often link their signature picture to their websites. That's what was meant.

                                                                                   My sig is this picture of me on the bench below.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 19 (75 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/23/2010
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

Jersquall wrote:

The rules are clear. Posting outside of the forums is what others are doing. I'm sure someone can PM you with more info.Users often link their signature picture to their websites. That's what was meant.

                                                                                   My sig is this picture of me on the bench below.

HOMEinformer


OK.  I know what a sig is.  And I followed your rules.  And it still got deleted.  I'm confused.

Message 3 of 19 (75 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

Only a moderator would know for sure. You can contact  MercuryValentine by sending her a PM here on the forums. I am not a Moderator, just a HCV Guide.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 19 (75 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 01/02/2009
Offline
1924 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

kwoman32 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

The rules are clear. Posting outside of the forums is what others are doing. I'm sure someone can PM you with more info.Users often link their signature picture to their websites. That's what was meant.

                                                                                   My sig is this picture of me on the bench below.

HOMEinformer


OK.  I know what a sig is.  And I followed your rules.  And it still got deleted.  I'm confused.

They shouldn't have deleted your post. IMO.......

Message 5 of 19 (75 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

I think one needs to SERIOUSLY consider where all the forumers have gone? The traffic levels here at the official site are very low. Some of us know that a good number of regulars have gone elsewhere. The code rules are simply one reason for that happening. We used to have a community. That spirit sadly left with the old forum.

I personally find it very sad to see the state of the forum at this point in time. One can hope it is only temporary.

Message 6 of 19 (75 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/23/2010
Offline
5132 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

It Is Very Sad.

Who Can We Blame For It ? .. Their Mistake Of Making The Move To Jive When There Was Nothing Wrong With Lithium Which Apparently Drove Away Many Of The Regular Posters To Other Forums.

Its Not Only The Move To Jive .. Its The Rules !

I Know Rules Are Rules BUT There Has To Be A Certain Limits.

Not To Mention The Errors You Get When Trying To Post & The Duration That This Forum Loads In

Message 7 of 19 (75 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

I don't think the lack of codes is cutting down on the number of posts. And if you're hanging about with a bunch of people who just want free codes, how much "community" do you really have? Once the codes dry up, those people will go elsewhere.

Between the Subway problems last summer and the various problems with in-world codes being posted on these forums, I think the new policy is a very good idea. If people want codes, they can make friends with someone who has them and get them by XMB. We don't need forums for that.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 8 of 19 (75 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/09/2009
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

I don't think the lack of codes is cutting down on the number of posts. And if you're hanging about with a bunch of people who just want free codes, how much "community" do you really have? Once the codes dry up, those people will go elsewhere.

Between the Subway problems last summer and the various problems with in-world codes being posted on these forums, I think the new policy is a very good idea. If people want codes, they can make friends with someone who has them and get them by XMB. We don't need forums for that.

A 5-minute guide to PlayStation Home -- http://www.gamer-indepth.com/

Get your Portable ID!

Excuse me do you speak for all of us on here? I for one wont leave the forum after the promo end's I like the community at the other forum far better then this one that's for sure.

 photo 47_zpsafbf2c79.gif
Message 9 of 19 (75 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Mixed Signals

Jan 17, 2011

SoulBladeNG wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

I don't think the lack of codes is cutting down on the number of posts. And if you're hanging about with a bunch of people who just want free codes, how much "community" do you really have? Once the codes dry up, those people will go elsewhere.

Between the Subway problems last summer and the various problems with in-world codes being posted on these forums, I think the new policy is a very good idea. If people want codes, they can make friends with someone who has them and get them by XMB. We don't need forums for that.

A 5-minute guide to PlayStation Home -- http://www.gamer-indepth.com/

Get your Portable ID!

Excuse me do you speak for all of us on here? I for one wont leave the forum after the promo end's I like the community at the other forum far better then this one that's for sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Photobucket

Ummm...where did I ever say that I spoke for anyone?

If you'd care to argue with facts, be my guest. Every time there were free codes floating around on the old forums, there was a flood of people posting and asking for them. As soon as those promotions ended, those users left, only to return when there was another code-based promotion.

I used to have an inbox filled with code requests from the same people, who never posted anything other than code requests. I'm very generous with sharing codes when I have them, but I never give them out on the forums. It causes more problems than its worth.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 10 of 19 (75 Views)