Mar 02 2013
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 3075 posts
Accepted Solution

Missing Buildings In Home Tycoon

[ Edited ]
8 replies 333 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

I've been playing Tycoon alot lately, although I never did complete the story I don't think. But anyways I was at a friends city and noticed he had something called the maple tree subdivision, and a farmers market. I don't have these things in my city. I asked him where he got it and he said it was in the build buget houses. But all I saw in there was a regular subdivision and acouple of apt buildings. After talking abit we figured maybe it was because I never completed all the missions. I'm at the part where they tell you to place 4 global sin factories, and it's called "Industrial revolution". But I have another friend who said he played Tycoon abit but wasn't really that into it and never got that far. So I visited his city and he had the maple tree subdivision and farmers market. So why don't I have these? I have the maple tree version of houses in the Halloween and Christmas building packs, but it makes no sense why I don't have them in the regular buildings. 

bobs fed signature
Message 1 of 9 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Re: Missing Buildings In Home Tycoon

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

look in Commercial > Budget, for the Farmers Market

look in Housing > Deluxe ,for the Maple Tree Subdivision

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 2 of 9 (319 Views)
Sackboy
283 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Those buildings are unlocked during the main questline which you said you hadn't completed. I think the 4 Globosyn Factories quest is in the Aggressive Revenues free addon questline.

Finish the main questline.
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 3 of 9 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

Well I actually did complete that quest, but I'm not too clear on what I'm supposed to do next. It usually showed an "!" or a "star" for what you were supposed to build next, but its not now for some reason. It said something about building a tower next. But still I don't understand how my one friend didn't get too far in the game and yet he has these houses, and the farmers market. He's not a hacker or anything niether, and I checked out his city and he didn't even have any tall buildings. Just the budget stuff like houses, and small factories. And plus the maple tree subdivision and farmers market seem like budget or basic items to me, so why would they be unlocked after you build all the bigger more expensive stuff?

bobs fed signature
Message 4 of 9 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Mar 3, 2013

ok, Bob .. short answer followed by the LONG one Smiley Happy

the Farmers' Markets are unlocked in the next to last mission .

# 27 " Power ? Our City Just Needs Food "  - Own Farmer's Markets ( 2 )

the Maple Tree Subdivisions are unlocked in the last mission :

# 28 " Silverman Socks Comes to the Neighboorhood " - Own a Maple Tree Subdivision ( 6 )

Look at your Hud / GUI thingy . . . look for Exclamation Points ( Mission related ), or Stars ( new available item ).

No ? Then look at your Activity Icon, if you see a Mission in there, then complete it. . . Nothing there ? Then go to the Mayors' Office and look for " Mission Journal " . . . Nothing there ? .. then, I cannot help you, sorry .. PM Novus_Cooldown

For the not faint at heart, here all the Story related Missions. this should be correct, in order, and complete

# 1 " Own Housing " - build Housing ( 3 )

# 2 " People Need Water and Light " - own Basic Windmill ( 1) own Water Tower ( 1 )

# 3 " Rooms with a View " - place Apartment Blocks ( 3 ) then Finish the Apartment Blocks using Workers ( 3 )

# 4 "Rooms with a Better View " -  Own a Park ( 1 )

# 5 " Keep Them Moving " - Build Road Tiles ( 15 )

# 6 " Busy People Are Happy people " - Own Small Business Block ( 3 )

# 7 " Healthy People, Happy People " - Own Family Farm ( 3 )

# 8 "GloboSyn's Moving In " - Own GloboSyn Regional HQ ( 1 )

# 9 Build the Fire Department

#10 " Putting out Fires '

# 11 " Water, Water Everywhere ' - Own Water Tower ( 3 ) own Lake Park ( 1 )

# 12 " Only You Can Prevent City Fires " - Find the Arsonist

# 13 " Putting out Fires with Gasoline " - Bot Patrol

# 14  " Calling in the Cavalry " - own Novus Prime Recruiting

# 15 " Last Call for Fires " - Fire Fighter Patrol

# 16  in the Mission Journal -  " Bring out your Undead " - own Research Hospital

# 17 " Rescue and Research " - complete Paramedic Activity, own Road Tiles ( 15 ), own Research Hospital ( 1 )

# 18 ' A Good old Fashioned Zombie Roundup " - complete Zombie Paramedic Activity, own Road Tiles ( 15 ), own Research Hospital ( 1 )

# 19  " Patient Zero " find the Zombie

# 20 "Playing Offense with Defense " - complete Paramedic 911

# 21 " Cure for the Common Necophagalepsy " -  complete Paramedic 911

# 22 in the Mission Journal " Money Problems '

# 23 " Banking on Silverman Socks " - own Silverman Socks Plaza ( 1 )

# 24 " More Power, less Consequences " - own Coal Power Plant ( 1 )

#2 5 " Same power, More Consequences "  - own Windmill Array ( 2 ) Destroy every Coal Power Plant

# 26 " No Power, Explosive Consequences " - Destroy every Windmill Array

# 27 " Power ? Our City Just Needs Food " own Farmer's Markets ( 3 )

# 28 " Silverman Socks comes to the Neighboorhood " - own Maple Tree Subdivisions ( 6 )

DONE ! Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 5 of 9 (255 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Sweet!! Thanks Lil!! This will make it easier to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing in the game. I think I got the main missions mixed up with the rising revenue ones. But I remember being told to build the windmills, but not destroying the coal power plants. I don't quite remember if I put up the Silverman  Socks plaza though and I may have destroyed it, not sure. But this guide will help me out alot, and thanks for taking the time to post it up here. Man Very Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 9 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

look in Commercial > Budget, for the Farmers Market

look in Housing > Deluxe ,for the Maple Tree Subdivision

Correct. Thank you.   Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Good advice Lil.

I used to think this game was the biggest scam on Home. In some sort of way I still do. Because, they keep coming out with these missions and it takes forever to get workers. Why so long?? Im never spending money to get workers. Why is the clock so slow. LOL

Someone isn't smart enough, it could trick you into spending money but don't really need to. The time should speed up drastically getting workers. Their clock is way off for being a clock.

I think the game is great and we should have more options like. If you own a building, you shouldn't have to keep adding workers too it. Especially if you need to build something.

You should be able to keep at night or day or whichever you perfer. And, you should own a house in there already that you can enter and so on.

I don't see workers walking around. Just driving but let's make it even more real.

I would like to be able to enter a bulding or a house or whatever. We own and should enjoy it instead of just looking at it ^^

Thank you. I enjoy playing this we should have a lot more options.

Message 8 of 9 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Thanks to Lil for posting that mission guide, I now completed all the missions and unlocked the buildings that I wanted. The problem was when I first started this game, I only did a few missions here and there, but I would also just put the missions aside and start building my own things. Then I left the game for awhile and would come back every so often. Then I started playing this game again and visiting friends and other players cities and seeing buildings I didn't have myself. Then trying to get back to the missions I was totally lost on what I was supposed to do next. But my next objective was to destroy the coal plant but I didn't realize that until Lil graciously put up this guide. So thanks again Lil. Man Very Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 9 of 9 (205 Views)