Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Re: Minikarts - Atom Republic

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Isnt that what Blueprint Home promised and never delivered?  Question:  How do you make tracks?

I am working on a thread as a guide to those that want to race LMOs.  It can be a lot of fun, but the really creative tracks can take a long time to build and in some cases require some knowledge on creative ways of decorating a space, especially when needing to 'float' objects, but there are many types of tracks you can build that do not require doing any of that.

A great example of that is the one Perish_Song just posted a video of in this thread.  Simple design, fast to make, and still fun and challenging to race on.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 21 of 31 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Isnt that what Blueprint Home promised and never delivered?  Question:  How do you make tracks?

I am working on a thread as a guide to those that want to race LMOs.  It can be a lot of fun, but the really creative tracks can take a long time to build and in some cases require some knowledge on creative ways of decorating a space, especially when needing to 'float' objects, but there are many types of tracks you can build that do not require doing any of that.

A great example of that is the one Perish_Song just posted a video of in this thread.  Simple design, fast to make, and still fun and challenging to race on.

Oh ok I see .... Thanks

Message 22 of 31 (259 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

But you see how slow and sluggish it is to race on that video. We need to make these LMOs faster and I mean all the vehicle LMOs. There needs to be an update to increase the speed on these. It'll be like Modnation Racers, PSHome style with cars racing tanks & skates & winged people & motorcycles & lions, etc., etc. You get the idea. Make it all crazy like that!

Antonio Xul
Message 23 of 31 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

But you see how slow and sluggish it is to race on that video. We need to make these LMOs faster and I mean all the vehicle LMOs. There needs to be an update to increase the speed on these. It'll be like Modnation Racers, PSHome style with cars racing tanks & skates & winged people & motorcycles & lions, etc., etc. You get the idea. Make it all crazy like that!

I miss modnation racers

RIP

Perish_Song
Message 24 of 31 (229 Views)
Wastelander
571 posts

Apr 23, 2013

bumper cars  would be the way 2go

Message 25 of 31 (210 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14353 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Cool video, CMCSAVAGE. I hope it comes out on that date and I'm especially looking forward to getting the mini-kart LMO bundle and ride them on the track too.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 26 of 31 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Perish_Song wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

I miss modnation racers

RIP

Me too. It was a great game that should have been a franchise. I wasn't an online competative racer as I raced with my friends at home, but I loved creating Mods, Karts & Tracks! I still have a couple of pix saved before my PS3 killed all my creations due to the YLOD I got last January, which pretty much ended my creative flow I had going. I never went back.
ModNation™ Racers_63.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_54.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_55.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_58.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_61.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_28.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_79.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_24 CENSORED.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_118.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_124.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_87.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_52.JPG

If PSHome can make a Public racing game as fun as this with our LMOs, it will be a smash hit! Guaranteed!

Antonio Xul
Message 27 of 31 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Perish_Song wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

I miss modnation racers

RIP

Wait... when did ModNation Racers die?  I could have sworn I saw new DLC in the PSN store for MNR just a few weeks ago?

I know United Front Games collaborated with Media Molecule to make LBP Karting which one might say was simply MNR 2, but MNR is still alive and kicking isn't it?

Any way, as for the speed of LMOs, yes, many of them would be a lot more entertaining and certainly more realistic with additional speed boosts - however it appears Sony has set the max speed boost at 150%, and so far they have not indicated that they have any plans to change that. Smiley Sad

However, even with the relatively slow max speeds of these LMOs, you can still make tracks that require precision movement to navigate, and thus are challenging and create a real sense of competition.

Just keep in mind, in Home there is about a 3 second lag between what you see on your screen, and what another person sees on their screen... So from your POV it may appear you won the race if its close, but in reality you may have been as much as a couple seconds behind.

The only way to properly judge a race in Home with LMOs is to have at least one more person in the space to countdown to the start of the race - so everyone starts at the same time, and who can monitor the race, especially at the finish line.

It would be nice if some dev, maybe Game Mechanics, would make an active item that acts as a race timer to track race and even lap times by using the proximity sensor and timer that could be placed on the Start/Finish line of a homemade track.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 28 of 31 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

May 20, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:
It would be nice if some dev, maybe Game Mechanics, would make an active item that acts as a race timer to track race and even lap times by using the proximity sensor and timer that could be placed on the Start/Finish line of a homemade track.

Your dream is a reality.

Message 29 of 31 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

May 20, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Your dream is a reality.

Smiley Happy  I can't wait to hear what you all came up with.  This will hopefully make LMO racing in personal spaces a lot moe fun!  Kudos!

"Like it never happened"

Message 30 of 31 (71 Views)
0 Likes