Okay.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 21 of 34 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Re: MiniBots Newyear's Tournament Announcement

Jan 9, 2013

Hey folks, not dead. Just been without power since Friday. Smiley Frustrated Yeouch.

Tournament's still a go for the 13th as a reminder for those who've signed up.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 22 of 34 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 10, 2013

i believe i'll give it a shot so to speak  :-P

just gotta hope come sunday afternoon california time that i'll remember i need to donate my pixels to science  XD

Message 23 of 34 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

yes. if i'm online, i'm in for each event

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 24 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

ViscousSnake wrote:

yes. if i'm online, i'm in for each event

We'll have to see about the headcount for doing 'both' VS. With only 3 prize codes, and 2 divisions, I made the 3rd prize a "Second Chance" for the runners up to take a shot at. If the numbers don't skyrocket, I think I'll only allow 1 division per person, as a way to give everyone a fair shake at the chance to try for the 2nd chance to grab a code, should they not win the first time.

And we're at 11 people folks! Spread the word around! There's only 3 days left unless you guys want me to push it back to wait for more recruits!

To everyone:

If you'd like to save some time, swap some fish pokes until the tournament, and possibly pick my brain for MiniBots tips, please go ahead and start adding me with Minibot Tournament in the friend request, or something to that regard, as I don't accept blank adds, and I'd rather not have to hold a list of names to know who to accept. And please either post here with a confirmation on which division you're entering, or put it in the add request, I will accept examples like "Armed, but I'd like to do both" as a footnote incase we get enough people I feel comfortable giving the option, but currently I feel the numbers are too few.

IF YOU ARE NOT POSTED HERE, I AM NOT ACCEPTING EVEN IF YOU PUT IT IN THE ADD! This is the Playstation Forums folks, there's no 'new user' nonsense needed, so there's no excuse to not be listed if you've read this, you simply sign in with your PSN ID.

Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 25 of 34 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

And we're at 11 people

Twelve.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 26 of 34 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Jan 11, 2013

well if i can only enter just 1, then i chose ARMED.

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 27 of 34 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Viscous, I've updated your preference. We'll see how things go, hopefully I can let you compete in both.

Stardust, as I have all the participants from the YPSH tournament on my list except you, I informed them that prize winners from it aren't eligible for this tournament, as I'm using it as a chance for new blood to come to the game. You accepted the $20 prize from the Team division prize, and that puts you in the basket with them. Even so, "Okay" and "Twelve" aren't exactly "I want in the __ division". Sorry.

@ Everyone else:

I had a thought today, in racing they have a tournament system over several races that each placing gets points(1st gets 10, 2nd gets 9, so on down the ladder). Would those participating be interested several Free-For-All matches under that system? Or keep the one or 2 1-on-1 matches in a bracket-styled tournament? I might just ask on tournament day since not every contestant is a forum regular... but I figured I'd bounce the idea by those who are.

Message 28 of 34 (62 Views)
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

Viscous, I've updated your preference. We'll see how things go, hopefully I can let you compete in both.

Stardust, as I have all the participants from the YPSH tournament on my list except you, I informed them that prize winners from it aren't eligible for this tournament, as I'm using it as a chance for new blood to come to the game. You accepted the $20 prize from the Team division prize, and that puts you in the basket with them. Even so, "Okay" and "Twelve" aren't exactly "I want in the __ division". Sorry.

@ Everyone else:

I had a thought today, in racing they have a tournament system over several races that each placing gets points(1st gets 10, 2nd gets 9, so on down the ladder). Would those participating be interested several Free-For-All matches under that system? Or keep the one or 2 1-on-1 matches in a bracket-styled tournament? I might just ask on tournament day since not every contestant is a forum regular... but I figured I'd bounce the idea by those who are.

interesting idea... honestly, id enjoy both, but ill go with whatever everybody else wants

Message 29 of 34 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

@ Everyone else:

Indeed, I'll leave the point system up to you, though the race style points system actually seems quite fitting for this tournament.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 34 (53 Views)
0 Likes