Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Re: MiniBot Tournament Results(Post-Contest QA)

Jan 15, 2013

RankoSao wrote:

gimmick games sound like fun!

Jousting - Hoverdiscs & Melee Only

Flame Wars - Rocketboots & Totz-9s

"Real" War - Only the weapons that mimic real-life ammunition.

Madhouse - There's an blue orb that bounces players when they touch it... basically an arena covered in them.

Hamstercage - Glass Tunnels and low ceilings only, kills outside aren't allowed/don't count. (Sorry Hammies, the glass tunnels remind me of hamster tubes. XD)

etc. etc. etc. Those are a few gimmicks my friends and I have tried, so I'll throw those out there for ya'll to think about, and pitch your own to use this thread as a means for finding popular ideas for more tournaments. :3

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 11 of 15 (79 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

RankoSao wrote:

gimmick games sound like fun!

Jousting - Hoverdiscs & Melee Only

Flame Wars - Rocketboots & Totz-9s

"Real" War - Only the weapons that mimic real-life ammunition.

Madhouse - There's an blue orb that bounces players when they touch it... basically an arena covered in them.

Hamstercage - Glass Tunnels and low ceilings only, kills outside aren't allowed/don't count. (Sorry Hammies, the glass tunnels remind me of hamster tubes. XD)

etc. etc. etc. Those are a few gimmicks my friends and I have tried, so I'll throw those out there for ya'll to think about, and pitch your own to use this thread as a means for finding popular ideas for more tournaments. :3

These Gimmick games sound quite fun, especially Jousting and madhouse.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 15 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 16, 2013

A bit late but who knows It was a great tournament but there is always room for improvements maybe have another judge hosting games so it wont take that long to get things rolling, Aside from that the event was wonderful and couldn't get any better great  hosts and friendly competitors, and talk about the rewards a nice 60 tokens hope there is more in the future quiet a fun time Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Dariel93 wrote:

A bit late but who knows It was a great tournament but there is always room for improvements maybe have another judge hosting games so it wont take that long to get things rolling, Aside from that the event was wonderful and couldn't get any better great  hosts and friendly competitors, and talk about the rewards a nice 60 tokens hope there is more in the future quiet a fun time Smiley Happy

As much as I'd like a 3rd judge to run 3 games at a time, I believe that'd create lag issues unless I was able to have myself and 2 others build the exact same build to be fair to all competitors. Smiley Frustrated 3 games in 1 space would bog down with lag pretty hard, and 3 spaces w/ 1 game each would be hard to balance. I miiiiight be able to do something w/ more speed to it next time, but a "more judge" idea would basically involve less map quality.

I'll think of what I can do around it, but with personal space saves being User-locked, it'll be tricky. Though I do agree, 2 games at a time does help, more would be even better. All depends on the headcount and volunteers I guess. >.>

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 14 of 15 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Oh man a 'madhouse' match sounds pretty cool actually Smiley Happy I was going to say also maybe we can switch up arenas by touring competitors' builds? I would love to have you guys all over to my setup sometime. I'm not the best minibot warrior, but I can make a rather mean arena Smiley Tongue
Support Forums
Message 15 of 15 (45 Views)