Highlighted
Jan 14 2013
By: Crazy-88 Gaming Beast 1947 posts

MiniBot Tournament Results(Post-Contest QA)

[ Edited ]
14 replies 206 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

First off, thanks again to all those who attended the first MiniBot Tournament hosted by The Kuma Klub! Hope everyone had a good time.

Observer Screenshot 8_50 AM 1_13_2013.jpg

Today had competitors fight 1on1 matches of 25 kills to narrow the tournament down to 4 players, for a Free-for-All "Top of the pile wins" finale. Due to the small number of people a few things were improvised, but everyone had fun.

The top dogs of the finale were in order of kills:

xBigNoochx - 25

ViscousSnake - 12

Dariel93 - 10

Each of them received a code for 60 Juggernaut Tokens, courtesy of Juggernaut Games, and I hope they enjoy them.

Also, congratulations to LegoFire and Neoswordsman for winning the closing Free-for-All, and getting 2 items out of their choice from the Armory each(Minus Companions, sorry, not that token-heavy. XD), courtesy of The Kuma Klub.

Thanks to all the participants:

Dariel93, ViscousSnake, LegoFire, RankoSao, CMCSAVAGE, xBigNoochx, smokingpistol, Neoswordsman, Schmeghead2010, & my co-judge mclaren6.

I'd like to use this thread as an opportunity for some congratulations to those who won, a public thanks to those who supported and participated, and as a Quality Assessment for use in... potential future tournaments. ;3
AND AS A BIG THANKS TO JUGGERNAUT GAMES! No fantastic game, and no great prizes without them!

Follow the club on Twitter @TheKumarian to keep up with future MiniBot updates and club-hosted tournaments, & YouTube on TheKumarianMiniBot channel where you can submit your own builds to be shared via video!

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 1 of 15 (206 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Re: MiniBot Tournament Results(Post-Contest QA)

Jan 14, 2013
This was quite a fun event, it was both interactive and fun, I look forward to to next tournament. Cat Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 15 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Very awesome event, cool people, great skills being shown off last night. Super pumped that I won, congrats to the other winners as well. Hope jug will allow more prizes for more tournaments in the future, with a little more advertising we can hopefully get a bigger turn out next tim. I had a great time and am thankful for the chance to participate.

Also I'd like to add that the 1 v 1 ladder tournament was a great idea as apposed to the Grand Prix style. It seem more organized and professional than the other style would've felt.

Message 3 of 15 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 14, 2013
This was a GREAT way to get some quality minibotting in. Alot of fun playing we were rocking it for quite a while with some serious skills on display. Lol just not by me persay haha. I had alot of fun trying though and i would love to get another tournament going in the future with more players. A HUGE thank you for the support Juggernaut gave us on this and to the hosts Crazy-88 and mclaren6 for thier hard work organizing everything. Good job to the winners! If youre reading this and are curious about joining I'd say definately talk to Crazy-88 about the Kuma Klub. Hopefully lots more fun to come in the future ^_^
Support Forums
Message 4 of 15 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 14, 2013

It was nice to finally get to play against other people, though i was terrible, of course..i liked it and hope to see more, although whether or not ill enter again is up in the air..

Thanks Crazy!

Message 5 of 15 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I said it before at the event and I'll say it. "I'm very thankful for getting something more than just getting my butt kicked." 

I really felt the warm feelings of friendship from everyone in this gathering. Certainly better than simply throwing a party in a personal space, and dancing like fools. I didn't have as much experience in fighting with minibots as many of the other player (or as many weapons), but I made my opponents earn their kills as best I could.

The organizing and scheduling of the the event could use some work, but that can be ironed out with expierience. Which means, the more tournaments we have the better they will be.  So hop to it you guys.

Message 6 of 15 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Jan 15, 2013

tyvm for the prize. it was alot of fun. Smiley Wink

the battle field was well put together but a bit more wide open then i was expecting. there was very few places for cover.

next time do u think u'll hav a team deathmatch division? that would b fun.

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 7 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I hope to make it to the next battle....
Message 8 of 15 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 15, 2013

@Neo, ya... I had a power outage starting the Friday before the tournament, for 5 days. That put me a bit behind scheduel for doing final checks and plans. XD Learning takes experience either way, so I gurantee my best effort to make each tournament better than the last however I can. First one's down... another will happen. ;P

@Snake, I felt a "Central Structure" type build would give new people a chance to hop, climb, dodge, etc. without so much tight space they couldn't navigate, but still give pros enough of an environment to work towards their advantage. I have at least a dozen builds saved to my computer, and several 'crowd favorites' I plan on using in future tournaments, if not an outright "Level Select" using the club's YouTube channel. Team Deathmatch though, I'd do in a heartbeat once the club's tournaments get enough attention to merit the creation of a Team Division, so count on it, as the first of anything is usually a bit low, it'll have TDM in the future.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and to those who wanted to be there but couldn't(happy b-day to someone who missed for that reason XD), and so on, there'll be more to come if time permits, people commit, and Juggernaut continues to keep their great game alive. Hell, I might just make a Goofy Division or 2... say "Jousting" with only melee and Hoverdiscs... How would everyone like gimmick games? Smiley Tongue

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 9 of 15 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

@Neo, ya... I had a power outage starting the Friday before the tournament, for 5 days. That put me a bit behind scheduel for doing final checks and plans. XD Learning takes experience either way, so I gurantee my best effort to make each tournament better than the last however I can. First one's down... another will happen. ;P

@Snake, I felt a "Central Structure" type build would give new people a chance to hop, climb, dodge, etc. without so much tight space they couldn't navigate, but still give pros enough of an environment to work towards their advantage. I have at least a dozen builds saved to my computer, and several 'crowd favorites' I plan on using in future tournaments, if not an outright "Level Select" using the club's YouTube channel. Team Deathmatch though, I'd do in a heartbeat once the club's tournaments get enough attention to merit the creation of a Team Division, so count on it, as the first of anything is usually a bit low, it'll have TDM in the future.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and to those who wanted to be there but couldn't(happy b-day to someone who missed for that reason XD), and so on, there'll be more to come if time permits, people commit, and Juggernaut continues to keep their great game alive. Hell, I might just make a Goofy Division or 2... say "Jousting" with only melee and Hoverdiscs... How would everyone like gimmick games? Smiley Tongue

gimmick games sound like fun!

Message 10 of 15 (90 Views)
0 Likes