photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 11 of 15 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Mia_Wall has left the building :-(

Jan 28, 2014

Nice of you to post, Ed

Mia was well liked in the EU forums. As were Cyd and Glasswalls here among the majority of the Home users. Truth is the gaming industry is a strange work place and you often see people changing job positions or as mentioned moving on to other things.

CM have a lot to do and it's not a easy job yet this is how they make a living. I asked Glass how he dealt with all the negativity and he mentioned that I didn't ask how he had dealt with all the positive. It was a balance type thing that comes with the job he said. I guess the bottom line is they have to keep things in perspective. There was just so many things to do throughout the day that keeps the job from becoming one dimensional.

I wish the best for Mia.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 12 of 15 (257 Views)
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Jan 28, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:

I was curious as to what NA members think about staff departures within the Home teams from our side of the pond. 

People move on. It's all a part of real life and has no secret meaning. It could be because of money, one's mate has a new job elsewhere, they've accomplished what they set out to do and/or new interests. Hardly worth discussing. 

Wish them good luck and hopefully meet again.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 13 of 15 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5161 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Yea read that earlier from LordRoss,

Farewell to Mia and wish her the best on her new ventures

Message 14 of 15 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Jan 28, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:

Another year another Home Community Coordinator leaves Sony's UK offices.

Mia_Wall joined EU Home's community in 2012 and will most likely be remembered for their love of unicorns and general girly things.

In the past we had the likes of TedTheDog during the closed and early open beta period. Thylaudax took his place after that. We then had a brief shoe in called PhoenixPalmTree who had a slightly more different role than the previous HCM's and Mia's position was rather similar in respect.

Farewell, Mia!

I was curious as to what NA members think about staff departures within the Home teams from our side of the pond. 

I often looked to Mia on the EU Forums for advance info on Home. She seemed very committed to keeping you guys informed on all things affecting Home. I see this a a big loss for the Home community. The million dollar question is will she be replaced? If her position is being eliminated, it is a bad sign. I read Sony is only netting $18 per PS4 console. I expect all the technical issues with the PS4 coupled with other Sony losses last year are a big pressure on cost cutting.

Posted Image

Message 15 of 15 (185 Views)
0 Likes