Jan 28 2014
By: EdwCarnby Treasure Hunter 4410 posts

Mia_Wall has left the building :-(

14 replies 456 views Edited Jan 28, 2014

Another year another Home Community Coordinator leaves Sony's UK offices.

Mia_Wall joined EU Home's community in 2012 and will most likely be remembered for their love of unicorns and general girly things.

In the past we had the likes of TedTheDog during the closed and early open beta period. Thylaudax took his place after that. We then had a brief shoe in called PhoenixPalmTree who had a slightly more different role than the previous HCM's and Mia's position was rather similar in respect.

Farewell, Mia!

I was curious as to what NA members think about staff departures within the Home teams from our side of the pond. 

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 1 of 15 (456 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: Mia_Wall has left the building :-(

Jan 28, 2014

I personally don't take it as anything, people move on to bigger and better ventures in their lives, I wish her the best of luck.

Message 2 of 15 (436 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jan 28, 2014
Yes, me too. She was a friendly coordinator and I'm sure she's moved onto something great. I don't think her departure is so much of an issue.. it's more about whether or not they replace her this late in Home's cycle or simply "restructure" or "reprioritize" Home's workforce over at SCEE.

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 3 of 15 (430 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Jan 28, 2014
I’ll be the first to admit I’m not at all active on the EU forums, but I do peruse them from time to time. From what I gather, Mia was the EU equivalent of Glass or Tempest, the visible presence of Sony for the Home community across the pond, as you say.

As for her leaving SCEE, I don’t really see it as any portent, any more than I saw GlassWalls’s departure as such (And I just had the awesome realization that their surnames are similar lol). They’ll be missed, no question. But keep in mind nothing lasts forever, people move on to other opportunities. It’s the nature of any business, and this one is no exception, especially with a pending turnover in console generations. And I’m sure someone will step up to the plate in Mia’s absence as Tempest did for us. All is fine.

I wish Mia the best of luck and safe travels in her new adventure.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 15 (402 Views)
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Jan 28, 2014

I didnt notice anything on the EU Forums, i figured Mia would have left a post informing us but i wish her all the best in what ever she does. As for our side of the pond, i cant think of anything bad about staff leaving as oppourtunities are always arising and they take advantage of these...all we can say is Best of Luck.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 5 of 15 (398 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jan 28, 2014

As long as someone leaves " in a good way," I am happy for  both Sony and the person leaving. 

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 6 of 15 (384 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3862 posts

Jan 28, 2014

:^/ I don't read the EU forums often, but I recognized the name. I view Mia's departure with a bit of wistfulness. Just another symptom of time passing by, I suppose.

Message 7 of 15 (377 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Jan 28, 2014

I'm happy for Mia and her next step. It should be fun.  I'm also not worried about whomever fills her role. 

Is there an announcement from her?  I didn't see one.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 8 of 15 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Jan 28, 2014

I found a announcement from LordRoss in the PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance  ;

Hello Everybody!

Sadly Mia Wall has moved on to greener pastures and therefore you got me instead, hopefully I can do as good a job has Mia has been doing who we will greatly miss. So anyway on with this week’s update!

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 9 of 15 (354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

LordRoss shared the news with us. Post is here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PlayStatio-n-Home-Scheduled-Maintenanc-e-29t...

"Hello Everybody!

Sadly Mia Wall has moved on to greener pastures and therefore you got me instead, hopefully I can do as good a job has Mia has been doing who we will greatly miss."

EDIT: Oh snap Smiley Very Happy

@conrad_max

Message 10 of 15 (352 Views)