Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Merry Christmas from Game Mechanics

Dec 26, 2012

A lot of it has to do with the speed of your service provider and how quickly you receive the tweet relative to other users. It's tough getting a code to work when dropped on the internet with a service like Twitter.

Loot does it a bit differently by collecting the entries and then doing a random drawing. They then DM the winners with the code. That's a bit less dependent upon when you are lucky enough to receive the tweet with the code. 

Either way it's nice of the developers to even offer up codes as prizes. 

Message 61 of 69 (220 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Yes giving awaycodes is very generous either way, tho i do prefer Loot's method, inputting all those used codes locked me out of redeeming codes, lol so even if i were to get a good code i can't enter it for 24 hours, think i'm done w/ the quickest grab for the codes contests, the randomiser way is much more fair
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 62 of 69 (212 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

No one here is mad. I got what i wanted out of the deal. It has nothing to do about being faster than someone else In my case. Any other smart comments?

Message 63 of 69 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Hollowpoint-701 wrote:

No one here is mad. I got what i wanted out of the deal. It has nothing to do about being faster than someone else In my case. Any other smart comments?

There was no need no to make a smart axx comment....Your response begs to differ....correct me if I'm wrong......you seem a bit upset?

Message 64 of 69 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Dec 26, 2012

I got want I wanted out of the promo as well....no need to be vexxed....

Message 65 of 69 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Thankyou GM for the Christmas codes, a nice touch for Christmas Day. I've enjoyed some of your items already (esp the elegant table) so look forward to seeing what you bring us in the New Year.

Happy Holidays  Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 69 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Nice Christmas event on twitter. I'm always a bit slow getting the tweets but still it's fun. Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 69 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Dec 27, 2012

GameMechanics wrote:

That is all. I hope everyone got something. If not, we will have more and better opportunities coming in the new year. This was designed to get things in the hands of the few of us hanging around today. From some of your responses, it sounds like we helped you have some fun. That is the best reward for us.

If this didn't work for you, send us the feedback and stay tuned. As others will tell you, we listen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Game Mechanics!

Please stop supporting Facebook.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 68 of 69 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Dec 27, 2012

goodSuM wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

That is all. I hope everyone got something. If not, we will have more and better opportunities coming in the new year. This was designed to get things in the hands of the few of us hanging around today. From some of your responses, it sounds like we helped you have some fun. That is the best reward for us.

If this didn't work for you, send us the feedback and stay tuned. As others will tell you, we listen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Game Mechanics!

Please stop supporting Facebook.

Everybody supports Facebook..

Message 69 of 69 (65 Views)
0 Likes