Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Re: Mercia Rewards: Spoilers

Aug 29, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Thanks Joanna. Yes, I had been working on a version that is ready to post after Mercia is released to the public. Lockwood only said there was no NDA for the rewards, so I was holding off mentioning any actual game play elements such as quests, fame or weapons outside of the beta forum until the game released.

It would be fantastic if you could post this anytime from tomorrow onwards, ck2875!

We don't mind the rewards being mentioned by loonytoon1982 prior to release, but it's a good call to keep quest information under wraps until after tomorrow at least Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 37 (242 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 29, 2012

LockwoodVoice wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

Thanks Joanna. Yes, I had been working on a version that is ready to post after Mercia is released to the public. Lockwood only said there was no NDA for the rewards, so I was holding off mentioning any actual game play elements such as quests, fame or weapons outside of the beta forum until the game released.

It would be fantastic if you could post this anytime from tomorrow onwards, ck2875!

We don't mind the rewards being mentioned by loonytoon1982 prior to release, but it's a good call to keep quest information under wraps until after tomorrow at least Smiley Happy

I think your game is going to be a big hit. Hopefully the crush of users tomorrow won't pose too many issues. I wonder if you could give us any insight into when you think an update to the game will happen. I know this is just releasing but as you know many of the beta testers have finished the game and are certainly hungry for more.

Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 37 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
269 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I agree with Jo and others who have said it... I suspect this game is going to be a huge success... testing the game in Beta has been a pleasure not just because of Lockwood's willingness to listen (and hear) but also because of the story and the gameplay... Mercia will likely consume a large portion of the community's time and effort. I know I will be playing it through for the third time and be just as excited to be playing it as my first!

The true measure of success for me is not how bug-free a developer can get a release, but how that dev responds to the bugs once discovered. Lockwood's consistent attention to the issues that arose during the Beta was very telling for me... even if there are some issues upon final release... I have every reason to believe those issues will be addressed by the fine folks at Lockwood... Having such a quality dev behind Mercia quashes any doubt in my mind about Mercia's success.

Thank you Lockwood for putting the effort into making this such a wonderful game and HOME experience... and you know what? I'd like to thank everyone I ran into and hung out with who tested the beta with me... not once did I have a single problem with anyone during the Beta... it was truly a pleasure hacking and slashing through the levels with each of you... Smiley Very Happy 

Message 23 of 37 (196 Views)
Sackboy
598 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I was wondering; how many players can you have fighting in a dungeon together?

Message 24 of 37 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Aasyranth wrote:

I'm not sure, but I'd like to put a small team of friends together, from the beginning, and go in and slay en masse.  I found it was a lot of fun when I'd pair up with someone, just by coincidence, and we'd slash, stab and shoot the same enemy.  Because we were on different quests, eventually we'd each have to go our own ways, but it was fun.  You get the same XP and pick-ups regardless if you did the actual killing or not, so I'd like to try it from beginning to end with the same group, going through the same quests.  Going to give it a shot on one of my alts.  Smiley Happy  DG

Posted Image
Message 25 of 37 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Aug 29, 2012

This is coming out tomorrow, right? I played the demo at the E3 space, and I'm looking forward to seein the full game

Message 26 of 37 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I'm sure the limit is the same of normal public spaces

Message 27 of 37 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:

Aasyranth wrote:

I'm not sure, but I'd like to put a small team of friends together, from the beginning, and go in and slay en masse.  I found it was a lot of fun when I'd pair up with someone, just by coincidence, and we'd slash, stab and shoot the same enemy.  Because we were on different quests, eventually we'd each have to go our own ways, but it was fun.  You get the same XP and pick-ups regardless if you did the actual killing or not, so I'd like to try it from beginning to end with the same group, going through the same quests.  Going to give it a shot on one of my alts.  Smiley Happy  DG

I've been itchin' to get my slay on with my alt, my EU, my AS... Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL Oh, there's a good question: Hey LockwoodVoice, is this gonna hit ALL the regions eventually, or just NA/EU?

Photobucket
Message 28 of 37 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Aug 29, 2012

All and all, its a list of whats to come and a seek peek and at some of the rewards.  Im excited to try it!! Woman LOL

I have to ask:  The helmets and any clothing rewards are both male and female versions right?  I just want to make sure because the dust514 only gave male suits (which was dissapointing) but I enjoyed the game none the less, the suits were just a bonus for ur victory and i am sure i will enjoy Mercia with or without female rewards just the same.  So..... if anyone knows for sure if there will be i would appreciate ur feedback on it ... Thank You Woman Happy

Message 29 of 37 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Aug 29, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

All and all, its a list of whats to come and a seek peek and at some of the rewards.  Im excited to try it!! Woman LOL

I have to ask:  The helmets and any clothing rewards are both male and female versions right?  I just want to make sure because the dust514 only gave male suits (which was dissapointing) but I enjoyed the game none the less, the suits were just a bonus for ur victory and i am sure i will enjoy Mercia with or without female rewards just the same.  So..... if anyone knows for sure if there will be i would appreciate ur feedback on it ... Thank You Woman Happy

Yes. They're for both genders

Message 30 of 37 (138 Views)