Uncharted Territory
900 posts

Re: Men "catfishing" burdening real women on HOME!

Jan 24, 2014
...it's a Trap! lol
Message 31 of 79 (493 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2014

ArcadePro_1 wrote:

If girls do it for something they are NOT being tricked their getting a need/want out of it ...which girl do you know that has taken off clothes for strangers via ps3 cam during a pshome meet lol ?

Having seen virtual acts on home( people can be creative). Having  been asked to cam up myself for pay, which I would never do anyway, though I have been amused by 2 adults( and have blocked others) who have done cam for me, or sent me naughty picks. And knowing some guys that believe the relationship I have with them is" real", I can only imagine the kinds of things that do go on. I can't name names, because that would be black listing. I have to assume that a lot of adults are doing it for fun, but I have told more than one person that if another keeps begging for things then maybe they aren't friends....I actually know what some people do one handed on homeSmiley Surprisedoccasionally, even if it is TMI, they will tell you.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 32 of 79 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12447 posts

Jan 24, 2014

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

OF COURSE catfishing harms me and other real women on Home!!!

The selfish act of men pretending to be women burdens the real women who use home and even those not seeking to pursue romantic relationships.

If a guy is pretending to be a female for the purpose of seeking a relationship with a woman, wouldn't they also have to pretend to be a lesbian? What's the point?

Message 33 of 79 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2356 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2014

Edit: Image removed.

I'm going to sum this down in different parts.

So you're a  staunch atheist feminist with a user name Angelic in their name.  Makes so much sense that the sense of it makes sense.

So men and sometimes women irks you for asking about you being a feminist.  It's like someone asking me why I like drawing and getting angry at the question.  

"Mic up, tranny!" I am boldly demanded.

The user kept calling me names. Stop I said in an angry tone.

Does it matter if a guy uses a female avi?  No it doesn't.  Only you care what someone does. You shouldn't indulge yourself on what others do.  You should be more concered on what you do then what others do.  

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 34 of 79 (439 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
307 posts

Jan 24, 2014

I know i have male friends using female avatars but they tell me its no secret .. i get called names in some places saying i'm a tranny ..i'm a grown woman so i ignore them.. my male friends i use my mic so they know i'm female ..its easier ..i don't want a relationship on here because it usually fails.. i just like friends female or male .. idc about avatars just be as truthful as possible .

Message 35 of 79 (440 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I'd say if you want to avoid "catfishing" on Home, you shouldn't get into PlayStation Home relationships. It's as simple as that.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 36 of 79 (412 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 24, 2014

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

As a staunch atheist feminist who uses playstation home on a daily basis, one thing that irks me soooo much is men (and sometimes women) questioning my femininity.

This preconceived notion that "there are no girls on Home just 'Guys In Real Life'" emanates from the catching trend on home called "catfishing". Catfishing, or people pretending to be a gender they are not to pursue romantic relationships, is a growing problem on home. And it's predominately men who are engaging in this. Participating in catfishing, men are burdening real women on Home, such as myself with having to prove to others we are in fact women. This act of men catfishing is selfish and shortsighted.

I definitely would like to see this "catfishing" stop. I'd like to hear others' thoughts on the subject of "catfishing" and the consequential burden it is causing to the female community who use home.

~AngelicOne~

Oh good grief.

You'd think as a staunch feminist, there would be bigger things for you to devote your efforts towards.

Let me get this straight.

You're focusing your angry woman powers on anonymous strangers, that you'll never meet, who's on line digital representation of themselves is not entirely accurate of their gender, in a niche online social app, who's mandate not only has nothing to do with romance, but actually tries to discourage such, on a gaming console that is in the autumn years of it's life.

Holy First World Problems!!

A woman in India got sentenced to being gang raped by her village council, and you are expelling your man hating fury on CATFISHING ON HOME?

Real staunch feminist. 

Be One With The Game.

Message 37 of 79 (402 Views)
MVP Support
14355 posts

Jan 24, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

As a staunch atheist feminist who uses playstation home on a daily basis, one thing that irks me soooo much is men (and sometimes women) questioning my femininity.

This preconceived notion that "there are no girls on Home just 'Guys In Real Life'" emanates from the catching trend on home called "catfishing". Catfishing, or people pretending to be a gender they are not to pursue romantic relationships, is a growing problem on home. And it's predominately men who are engaging in this. Participating in catfishing, men are burdening real women on Home, such as myself with having to prove to others we are in fact women. This act of men catfishing is selfish and shortsighted.

I definitely would like to see this "catfishing" stop. I'd like to hear others' thoughts on the subject of "catfishing" and the consequential burden it is causing to the female community who use home.

~AngelicOne~

Oh good grief.

You'd think as a staunch feminist, there would be bigger things for you to devote your efforts towards.

Let me get this straight.

You're focusing your angry woman powers on anonymous strangers, that you'll never meet, who's on line digital representation of themselves is not entirely accurate of their gender, in a niche online social app, who's mandate not only has nothing to do with romance, but actually tries to discourage such, on a gaming console that is in the autumn years of it's life.

Holy First World Problems!!

A woman in India got sentenced to being gang raped by her village council, and you are expelling your man hating fury on CATFISHING ON HOME?

Real staunch feminist. 

You've summed it up pretty well about the OP, Sarge. Most of us find some of her statements pretty hypocritical whenever we see threads like these.

I'm betting she doesn't speak for every woman.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 38 of 79 (396 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 24, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

You've summed it up pretty well about the OP, Sarge. Most of us find some of her statements pretty hypocritical whenever we see threads like these.

I'm betting she doesn't speak for every woman.

Yah.

I'm willing to, Literally, bet my life that she doesn't speak for all women.

Be One With The Game.

Message 39 of 79 (393 Views)
Sackboy
444 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Wiinterbabi wrote:
I saw a Gorilla running around I made that Mfer mic up...to prove itself!

P.S It was a Gorilla

Lol 

Message 40 of 79 (384 Views)