Nov 09 2010
By: Malice_Mizer Uncharted Territory 1491 posts

Meet the COD: Black Ops Flight Suit and Woods! [Updated]

66 replies 1239 views Edited Nov 9, 2010

Hi folks! 

I don't know exactly how many of you decided to pre-order from GameStop (or EB Games) to get yourself one of those Call of Duty: Black Ops "Flight Suit" avatar costumes but mine just came in the email a little over an hour ago and I've been playing around with it for a little while. Famitsu gave us a picture of it a little while back, but just in case you want the "full 360" on it, here's a bunch of neat pictures for you:

From the front:

From the left side:

From the right side:

From the back:

Here's a few details that you might be interested in:

- This is a one piece outfit, you cannot "mix and match" the parts.

- That probably means the Hardened/Prestige edition costume is one piece too.

- The suit is shockingly men's only, that's right women do not get the flight suit. Holy hell how did Activision flub this?

All in all, I really like this suit. I'm glad I pre-ordered Black Ops at GameStop to get it, I like the quality and the "unique look" of it. It's a tad bulky in the stomach and kind of makes me look fat but then again, it's a flight suit and not generally meant to look "fashionable". The backpack was a bit of a surprise when I saw it, the only picture showed us the front so I didn't know that the suit had a built-in parachute!

It seems to be a winner with the crowds too, no less than 20 minutes of dancing in CP did I get half a dozen people asking me where I got it. 

EDIT: I don't really know why I got this early when it's supposed to be a Midnight thing. I've seen a couple of people walking around with it also over the past few hours.

Meet the COD: Black Ops Hardened/Prestige Edition Costume: Woods!

Front:

Left Side:

Right Side:

Back:

Face:

Just as the Flight Suit, the Woods outfit is one piece, male exclusive, and changes the avatar's face. Sorry to all the women, customizers, and people who enjoy looking like a Home character.

I sort of like this one but not as much as the Flight Suit. It's probably going to be rarer than the Flight Suit but it sort of puts a downer that we have to BE Woods. The face is wonderfully rendered but then again, it's the dude from Black Ops.

Message 46 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Re: Meet the COD: Black Ops Flight Suit!

Nov 9, 2010
that looks more of an astronauts suit homes going into space
Message 1 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Nov 9, 2010

Meh....idk  it looks kinda lame imo.

Message 2 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2604 posts

Nov 9, 2010

Malice_Mizer wrote:

Hi folks! 

I don't know exactly how many of you decided to pre-order from GameStop (or EB Games) to get yourself one of those Call of Duty: Black Ops "Flight Suit" avatar costumes but mine just came in the email a little over an hour ago and I've been playing around with it for a little while. Famitsu gave us a picture of it a little while back, but just in case you want the "full 360" on it, here's a bunch of neat pictures for you:

From the front:

From the left side:

From the right side:

From the back:

Here's a few details that you might be interested in:

- This is a one piece outfit, you cannot "mix and match" the parts.

- That probably means the Hardened/Prestige edition costume is one piece too.

- The suit is shockingly men's only, that's right women do not get the flight suit. Holy hell how did Activision flub this?

All in all, I really like this suit. I'm glad I pre-ordered Black Ops at GameStop to get it, I like the quality and the "unique look" of it. It's a tad bulky in the stomach and kind of makes me look fat but then again, it's a flight suit and not generally meant to look "fashionable". The backpack was a bit of a surprise when I saw it, the only picture showed us the front so I didn't know that the suit had a built-in parachute!

It seems to be a winner with the crowds too, no less than 20 minutes of dancing in CP did I get half a dozen people asking me where I got it. 

Son of a gun, so I should have my code tonight waiting and ready for redemption and strut my stuff in HOME which second of my ever favourite Schick GT 5 Racing Suit.  Good preview Mal...

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
Message 3 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Nov 9, 2010
Message 4 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Nov 9, 2010
The lack of a women's version is really the shocker here, the suit has no clearly defined "gender" to it in its look. I mean if I didn't tell you it was a men's costume you might have had to look for a bit to tell I was using a male avatar, but it's surprising that Activision kind of dropped the ball.

It also means that the Hardened/Prestige costume is probably male only too.
Message 5 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2604 posts

Nov 9, 2010

godsgift1888 wrote:
shocking however there is no female counterpart

Yeah, if there is a female version it would be pretty much like the Dead Space suit.  Tad bit slimmer, but still looks like a male version.  I was hoping for a female version because I might just have that extra code from my Prestige Edition to go around.

"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
Message 6 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 9, 2010

Can't say it makes a fashion statement but the lack of attention to women is a bad thing. The same thing happened with the Top Gun item.

Message 7 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1031 posts

Nov 9, 2010

Malice_Mizer wrote:

You say it's Men's only? Looks like you got boobs to me hehe

Message 8 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 9, 2010

I thought that too when I saw it Carla.

Message 9 of 67 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes