Monster Hunter
27 posts

Re: Maybe it's time for separation?

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

I am a paying customers too. Just becuase I ise and used mall hack to get items. Either no longer avaibale or not in that region I still have paid for said item

Message 101 of 110 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Jan 8, 2014

MaynardIsGod-Eu wrote:

I am a paying customers too. Just becuase I ise and used mall hack to get items. Either no longer avaibale or not in that region I still have paid for said item

Yeah you paid for it... on the stolen items market. Not Sony!!

They don't care if you gave money to a thief. Actually, I think they do.. Smiley Wink

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 102 of 110 (299 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

MaynardIsGod-Eu wrote:

Yeah you paid for it... on the stolen items market. Not Sony!!

They don't care if you gave money to a thief. Actually, I think they do.. Smiley Wink

Anyone else interested in how some TOS violators are right up front about it? Such a slap in the face.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 103 of 110 (285 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

What don't you understand there no way to tell the differnt if got from a player or if you mall hack it. Both player would have to be banned . The money go to sony not a theft it dont know how mall hack workd you should really not talk about it. It only make look stupid 

Message 104 of 110 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Pretend like Ise and Mall Hack are new thing and sony doesnt know about it .They do and havent banned anyone permtaly for this is na or eu. But who need facts. Mall hack and Ise been around since 1.15 2008 

Message 105 of 110 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jan 9, 2014
And yet they can fix a pricing error in a matter of a few hours... That makes cents right?

Just not really tho..
Message 106 of 110 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

:^/ Let's clarify a couple of things here, then.

As I understand it, the Mall Hack takes things that aren't currently in the stores for people to buy and allows the Script Kiddie to buy them anyway, with real money. This circumstance leads the Script Kiddie to believe that he isn't really stealing anything, since he's paid for it.

The other matter to consider is the distinction between what the law calls Malum Prohibitum, -evil only because the law says so- and Malum In Se, evil in and of itself. As I see it, and maybe Sony, too, the Mall Hack qualifies as Malum In Se because the Script Kiddie knows that he is violating Sony's Terms of Service by bypassing the Home software to access resources that he cannot access any other way. However, the fellow who buys via Player Inspect has no way of knowing that the item he is purchasing is not also available in the stores. So his action would qualify only as Malum Prohibitum, if that. However, Home's Digital Community Manager, Tempest_Fire, has ruled that it does not.

;^/ That's why players who buy things through Player Inspect are in the clear, and why ISE and Mall Hack script kiddies are not.

Message 107 of 110 (227 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

There no way to tell the differnts if you got it from mal hack or if got off the player. It will just show up as you paid for it. There no way for sony to tell the differnts. Unless they changed the way the mall works. Mall hack is not new and if dont think sony know about it your crazy .Before this it was mediago! Both ISE and Mall Hack have been since home been out of closed beta 2008 and sony hasnt banned anyone after since after what happen after 1.15 becuase poeple ise mod jackect and mall items when they where on the same sever. Everyone got unbanned 6 month after still and this was last time they banned for ISE No one has gotten banned for mall hacking ever.Call me when I get banned for ISE and Mall Hack all I said good luck with that

Message 108 of 110 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Yoshikawa_JP Yodled:

There no way to tell the differnts if you got it from mal hack or if got off the player. It will just show up as you paid for it. There no way for sony to tell the differnts. Unless they changed the way the mall works. Mall hack is not new and if dont think sony know about it your crazy .Before this it was mediago! Both ISE and Mall Hack have been since home been out of closed beta 2008 and sony hasnt banned anyone after since after what happen after 1.15 becuase poeple ise mod jackect and mall items when they where on the same sever. Everyone got unbanned 6 month after still and this was last time they banned for ISE No one has gotten banned for mall hacking ever.Call me when I get banned for ISE and Mall Hack all I said good luck with that

:^/ The end user cannot know whether Sony can tell. We can only speculate. So, let's do that:

If I were Sony, and had created Player Inspect. I would want to know how effective it is. I'd want to know which items were purchased through it, by which players, and from which players, in which spaces, and how many minutes were spent doing it. This data would let me better decide how to tweak Player Inspect in the future.

As a hobbyist programmer for decades, I realize that there is no programming reason why Player Inspect couldn't log such data, and second-guessing Sony suggests ample motive on their part to write those features into Player Inspect.

Next, just subtract the Player Inspect purchases of out-of-store items from total sales of out-of-store items, and we see how many are Mall Hacked.

Message 109 of 110 (192 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

You talking about a program where ISE been active since the begin of open beta. A company that allow poeple to buy items from the Media Go and only patched that why then sevice stopped. And you think they put in program to know if person buy something off player inpected. I can tell you it not true becuase it just sent you to the shopping cart just like a normal mall item. and it the same with mall hack Let pretned mall hack is new and so is ISE But it not not even close to beening new. Just formus finally found out about it Sony knew about it didnt care and still doesnt care call me when they care 

Message 110 of 110 (152 Views)
0 Likes