thanks bud
phillies world series 2008
Message 12 of 16 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: March 21st interview with Phil Harrison about Home

Mar 23, 2007
I love how they dive right into the **bleep** issue in the second question.  Because THAT'S whats important
Message 13 of 16 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Mar 23, 2007
p*rn

BrnStain wrote:
I love how they dive right into the **bleep** issue in the second question.  Because THAT'S whats important

Message 14 of 16 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Mar 23, 2007
i dont understand why people are so concerned with pron on Home.  I mean, kids are accessing the internet right now and are at liberty to do whatever they want and visit whatever site they want.  So why is Home more of a danger?  it is as dangerous as the rest of the internet is....simple
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 15 of 16 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Mar 23, 2007

GoBlue_ wrote:
i dont understand why people are so concerned with pron on Home.  I mean, kids are accessing the internet right now and are at liberty to do whatever they want and visit whatever site they want.  So why is Home more of a danger?  it is as dangerous as the rest of the internet is....simple

good point! And I agree however I believe the SCE could help deter such activities by incorporating ESRB game ratings for apartments. Giving owners of apartments the ability to mark their apartment as E for everyone, M for mature, T for teen, and AO for Adults Only. That way if a minor (under 18 yrs old) is invited by a friend into a AO apartment the PSN parental controls will kick in and automatically reject the invite.

I know this won't stop minors entirely from seeing mature content  just like the Internet but at least those safeguards are in place.  

I for one would set my apartment rating to AO not because I plan to show mature content but I want to hangout in my apartment with other adults.

P.S. Just wanted to note that I know Home is not a game but given the nature of this 3D virtual environment (on a game console) I believe an ESRB rating will fit perfectly in this situation versus just having two ratings - Mature or PG for apartments.  It looks like themed lounges will have this rating so why not give apartment owners the ability to select. 

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 03-23-2007 05:30 AM
Message 16 of 16 (43 Views)
0 Likes