Sep 05 2013
By: boxer_lady Wastelander 635 posts

Mansion Slotage

31 replies 444 views Edited Sep 5, 2013
Well......I am VERY disappointed that with the new 4 section Diamond Beach Mansion spaces, you are only allotted 100 slots for THREE of the four spaces and 100 for the fourth, Yacht, space. BUYER BEWARE!!

(Especially when it was GREATLY hinted that the four spaces would be divided up with, 100 slots for the 1 & 2 spaces and 100 slots for the 3rd and 4th spaces, together!!)

When will I ever learn to NEVER listen to anyone, or from anywhere, other than directly from the horse's mouth!! (Even if it is a MVP...naughty, naughty!!!)
Message 1 of 32 (444 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: Mansion Slotage

Sep 5, 2013

boxer_lady wrote:
Well......I am VERY disappointed that with the new 4 section Diamond Beach Mansion spaces, you are only allotted 100 slots for THREE of the four spaces and 100 for the fourth, Yacht, space. BUYER BEWARE!!

(Especially when it was GREATLY hinted that the four spaces would be divided up with, 100 slots for the 1 & 2 spaces and 100 slots for the 3rd and 4th spaces, together!!)

When will I ever learn to NEVER listen to anyone, or from anywhere, other than directly from the horse's mouth!! (Even if it is a MVP...naughty, naughty!!!)

So your mad because an MVP told you the 1 and 2 would get 100 slots and 3 and 4 get 100 slots?  

But the 3rd one "the yacht" got 100 slots by itself, with no other spawn points other then the ones in the yatch so how could it share with the 4th part?   Eh Idk ... now im confused Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 32 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3280 posts

Sep 5, 2013
i remember when the max items aloted was 50
Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 3 of 32 (420 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Nope, never said I was mad about anything, only disappointed. Again, my first paragraph explains why I am disappointed.

When it was hinted at that there would be 100 slots for 1 & 2, and 100 for 3 & 4 the 3rd part of the package had not come out yet so I didn't have any idea of the slot usage for 3 or 4. Hard for me to mis-understand about part 3 having spawn points only in 3 if the space hadn't come out yet. Hope that helps your confusion.

Yep, we have been lucky enough to get up to 100 slots now and I'm very happy that we do have 100. Again, I was only saying I'm disappointed in the slot arrangement with this particular package.
Message 4 of 32 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Three mansion spaces are really too much to decorate with only 100 slots between them.  This really should have been done differently. 

Message 5 of 32 (382 Views)
Sackboy
561 posts

Sep 5, 2013

When the first mansion came out, weren't people complaining that they were separate pieces but now that they are all together now they're complaining about that too?

Message 6 of 32 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Does anyone really understand, the purpose of all these masion places? 

If anything, it just makes you look like a glorified home boy/girl!! 

Over doing it (HOME'S MOTO). 

Message 7 of 32 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Yea I can understand why people would be annoyed with this. I bought the Beach mansion space, and when I found out that 3 of the 4 spots use 100 slots I was kind of eh.

I have to admit, I love the new space and all the rewards from it. Coming from someone such as myself that sometimes says how they feel on here.

But this I like it.

I do wish however that the Home team would allow more then 100 slots.
Message 8 of 32 (336 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Why are you coming down on someone who is totally right. I agree completely that there should be more slots. and angry about it too. So knock yourselves out on a reply. This is absolute bs. How you can justify it any other way is beyond me.
Meems
Message 9 of 32 (322 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

So your mad because an MVP told you the 1 and 2 would get 100 slots and 3 and 4 get 100 slots?  

But the 3rd one "the yacht" got 100 slots by itself, with no other spawn points other then the ones in the yatch so how could it share with the 4th part?   Eh Idk ... now im confused Smiley Frustrated

Just to be clear, it wasn't an MVP that originally posted that false claim, it was our very own Digital Platforms Community Manager.

KAL-EL246 wrote:

When the first mansion came out, weren't people complaining that they were separate pieces but now that they are all together now they're complaining about that too?

Yes.. And if you look hard enough you can find complaints about everything.  However there are several things to keep in mind, all of which make the decision by Sony to sell a single space in three parts at a total of $30 so that owners only get 100 slots to decorate the entire place was a terrible decision.

1) While many did complain about having to change spaces when moving from one part of the original mansion to another, that was also at a time when Home could take a long time to load a space compared to now.

2) Many also praised the original mansion for being able to transition from one part to the other without using the nav.

3) Many people also complained about all the built-in furniture in the original Home. That was also when slot limits wasn't nearly as big a deal as it is now.

4) Many people praised the original mansion for having all those built-ins and having max slot allocation for each part of the mansion for those that still reached the slot limit when decorating all the dif parts of the mansion.

5) If you look at the number of suggestions and complaints, slot allocation is among the most complained about issue in Home, if not the most complained about... Not the few seconds it takes to simply change spaces, and re-invite any guests who happen to be there.

6) Frankly it takes about the same amount of time to move to a different space as it is to move from one part of the Diamond Mansion to another (as you have to load active items built-in to the part you are wanting to move to as seen when whe diamond logo pops up).  So all it helps with is not having to re-invite guests, but how hard is that to do really?

The reality is that the original mansion not only has 100 slot allocation for each part, but unlike the Diamond Mansion, the original is filled with built-in and unlike the Diamond Mansion, doesn't feel at all empty and deserted like the Diamond Mansion does.

It is just yet another example how despite all these so-called "Suggestion" threads, Sony largely ignores everything suggested, and ignores most criticism, even the most constructive and reasonable variety presented in a thoughtful and respectful way.

It is also why Home is failing to keep an audience, as Sony is doing very little to address the concerns of their customers.

BTW:  They refused to admit to this slot allocation when I and others brought it up several weeks ago, which is likely the ONLY reason our Digital Community manager (not just an MVP) said we were wrong (yet we were right) and made the 1+2 3+4 cryptic post, clearly in hopes to discredit those of us that said that all three main parts of the mansion as well as the secret diamond cave all used the same 100 slot allocation.

Normally I would be greatly offended by such a high ranking member of Sony's Digital Platforms management team going out of their way to discredit factual information, but frankly, nothing Sony does regarding Home surprises me any more.  At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the reason they stopped allowing any new content for JP & Asia is to speed up the eventual end of Home.

So frankly, the least of anyone's issues with Home should be how badly thought out and developed the Diamond Mansion is.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 10 of 32 (303 Views)