Feb 11 2013
By: xMissMurder- First Son 4 posts

Make them pay!

361 replies 2122 views Edited Feb 11, 2013
Hello home community, first time poster and have been on home since day one.

How about making some of these ise exploiters pay? Nothing more annoying than seeing people flaunt items that I know for a fact they did not earn. This even includes people I know personally. Earning the Clusterpuck shoes last year was pretty cool. Not too many people had them. They were rather unique. Now I've witnessed first hand people bragging about how they just got them and yet I've never even seen them on the leaderboards as #1. How about making them purchase the game or something? Surely if one was reported there must be a way to verify that the shoes were earned via the purchased game. Just a quick check to see if they own the game. Look, I can go pay somebody 20 bucks just as easily as the next home user for these items but what is the fun in that? It is a matter of principle. I purchased the game and earned my shoes. This isn't like Aurora or Midway where you can wait it out. In Clusterpuck, you must own the game to earn the shoes. How about suspending their accounts and make them mail a money order for the price of the game and then telling them it will be 7-10 business days to have their account re activated. Too severe and would never happen, I know, but I do hope that something will be done. I feel like I'm shooting blanks with reporting.
Message 1 of 362 (2,122 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Re: Make them pay!

Feb 11, 2013

xMissMurder- wrote:
Hello home community, first time poster and have been on home since day one.

How about making some of these ise exploiters pay? Nothing more annoying than seeing people flaunt items that I know for a fact they did not earn. This even includes people I know personally. Earning the Clusterpuck shoes last year was pretty cool. Not too many people had them. They were rather unique. Now I've witnessed first hand people bragging about how they just got them and yet I've never even seen them on the leaderboards as #1. How about making them purchase the game or something? Surely if one was reported there must be a way to verify that the shoes were earned via the purchased game. Just a quick check to see if they own the game. Look, I can go pay somebody 20 bucks just as easily as the next home user for these items but what is the fun in that? It is a matter of principle. I purchased the game and earned my shoes. This isn't like Aurora or Midway where you can wait it out. In Clusterpuck, you must own the game to earn the shoes. How about suspending their accounts and make them mail a money order for the price of the game and then telling them it will be 7-10 business days to have their account re activated. Too severe and would never happen, I know, but I do hope that something will be done. I feel like I'm shooting blanks with reporting.

Unfortunately, until they find a permanent fix for ISE, this is pretty much what you're doing. Don't fret too much, though. Rather, relish in the knowledge that you've EARNED every reward YOU have, and be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 2 of 362 (2,107 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I don't mind it if all they do is dance around in banana suits and things that didn't need purchasing when they take rewards from games that cost money I don't think it's fair on the people who support the devs and paid for it. People shouldn't be paying noobs for hacking Home they should be supporting the devs and paying them

Report it if you see people talking about it and can live with being a tattle tale. You said you know people doing it so what good is it whining here if you don't do something about it and report you only encouraging the problem. Not that it's a huge problem to normal people I got other stuff to care about. All adds up though
Message 3 of 362 (2,093 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12525 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Let's see, which is worse?

1. Someone using ISE to get a pair of shoes from a game they don't own.

2. The Devs not resetting the leader board enough to give everyone a shot at getting them.

3. The same person using a game exploit to stay #1 so no one has a chance.

Message 4 of 362 (2,068 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 11, 2013
If you are referring to Vi3t-13oss then I suggest you take a look at his Clusterpuck gameplay on YouTube. Perhaps even message him. There is a big difference between skill and exploits. Not here to argue though was simply stating principle. Bye bye now.
Message 5 of 362 (2,041 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4523 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Let's see, which is worse?

1. Someone using ISE to get a pair of shoes from a game they don't own.

2. The Devs not resetting the leader board enough to give everyone a shot at getting them.

3. The same person using a game exploit to stay #1 so no one has a chance.

Two-way tie between 2 & 3... But I'd say #4 is easily the worse:

4. Spending time and energy complaining about what other people do in a virtual world that really should have little or no impact on you.  If seeing someone (a pixelated avatar to be exact) have something you either don't have or took you more of an effort to earn then they did bothers you... Perhaps this should be taken as a red flag that you are taking pretty petty and meaningless things far too seriously, and simply appreciate what you have and the choices you made to get what you have, and less time worrying about the choices other people have made.

Just a thought.

Also it helps to remind ourselves someday, perhaps sooner than many of us want, Home will end, and all the arguments over who has what items will be absolutely meaningless... *walks away singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy"*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 362 (2,018 Views)
Splicer
39 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I personally feel the ISE users need to be made an example of. And example that breaking the TOS will NOT be tolerated. No warnings, just a ban. They knew the risk when they had their account outfitted with the ISE. Call it jealousy over their items or that fact now we need to be concerned with who we even group with. Some use those exploits to bully others and to steal IP's just so they have power over them. No mercy!Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 362 (1,945 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

<Yup i know what you mean, This guy was level 12, But yet he had a lv.36 Mace.

<This guy was lv.3 but he had on a lv.31 purple ninja outfit last time i checked the level cap 30.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 8 of 362 (1,941 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 11, 2013
ISE isn't an innocent thing that should be overlooked. If people are pulling paid rewards in this exploit they should be banned. Devs make cool prizes so you will be more inclinded to buy games. It really does hurt Home as a platform if no one has to spend money to get the best pieces of furniture or wearable items.

Whether a game leaderboard is filled by people using an in game cheat method is completly different. That should be fixed as well, but we all know this is a problem with almost ALL online games.

While I really wish I had some items I won't ever get or are no longer available, for me the limited nature of events and winnable items is one of the things that makes Home fun. If I could just unlock everything at once there would ve no reason to log on as often as I do.
5381 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I was on the leader board with the high score for about 10 minutes. I finally got my shoes. My lead didn't last long. I didn't feel the need to run the scores up.

I know what you mean about the rewards. I completed all the Midways and have evvery single reward from there. While one day just hanging out in Midway 3, some dude sends me a PM and says, "you need help unlocking the rewards, I have a friend who can get them for you, if you have $20,"

He told me, they do it by jail braking and the user thought I was playing along, until I said watch this. I took out my ruby jacket and he left. I reported the user and I highly doubt anything happened.

It was kinda of disappointing that you could actually do that. The guy had the ruby jacket and when I was him play a game, he couldn't even beat a single level. Pretty sad but yet, he could sit there and show off his rewards and weren't even earned ligit.

Part of the reasons why I will never buy into home again. Because, we have no idea if that issue was ever looked and the user got banned.

Thank god, the Midways didn't cost me much money to complete. Or I would've proably have sunk to that guys level as well and cheat too.
Message 10 of 362 (1,849 Views)
0 Likes