Survivor
2432 posts

Re: Major PlayStation Home Update Coming this Thursday

Sep 28, 2011

Locust_Star wrote:

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately, the wrong image was posted in this morning's blog post which announced the 1.55 client update (note: this image has now been removed from the post). Understandably, this has caused a fair bit of confusion and has led many to believe that the major Home redesign that was announced a few weeks back would be arriving tomorrow, September 29th. The update coming to Home this Thursday is a much smaller - and completely seperate - update than the one we announced a few weeks back.

This Thursday’s update brings a new Start-Up experience, Wardrobe and Furniture enhancements, and general improvements to the way Home operates. We think you will find that it brings a lot of great, though comparatively minor, improvements to your day-to-day experience in-world.

The Hub, Districts (Action, Adventure, Sportswalk, Pier Park) as well as the games included within and the Questing/Events system will be released at a later time. Expect this content in the Fall.

More news including release date will be posted on this blog shortly. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and thank you, as always, for your support.

L_S

Not a prob, Bob... I'm patient enough (PUT ME IN THE THIRD WAVE OF THE BETA, DANG IT!! lol ), but even without the HOME overhaul, this is still a decently impressive update. Now we don't have to answer questions of "What is that you're wearing?" with "It's the latest thingamabob from whatchacall'em!!" lmao

Photobucket
Message 11 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Sep 28, 2011

EliteBoricua wrote:

Wardrobe and Furniture Browser

• When you are browsing through a category of items in the wardrobe or furniture browser we now display the name of the object you have highlighted.

YES!!! This small feature makes this update awesome imo.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Sep 28, 2011

any pics or video of Hudson’s Elemental Monster Lounge personal space

[Edited}
Message 13 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Sep 28, 2011

I just wanna try my updated Loot! Active Cameraaaaa!! Woot!! Woot!! Wooooot!!! Oh n BTW, ELITE!!! Qs la ques tapa BORI!!! Jajaaaaa!!!

Message 14 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Sep 28, 2011

What happened to that Horror bundle we were supposed to get?You know,we have a western one and the paparazzi one.

Message 15 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 28, 2011

That Loot live Camera is going to make my job 100% easier. Now if we just had a file sharing option on the PSN we would be in business

Heres a few more details on  that Camera http://gamerindepth.net/2011/09/new-loot-active-camera/

Message 16 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Sep 28, 2011

xX-SLYF3R-Xx wrote:

O_O

Wow.

That's what she said!

Finally having info on our wardrobe items, being able to easily clear the cache for Home, and also the new LOOT camera! Wow! This is all very exciting!

Message 17 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Sep 28, 2011

looks good.

im personaly excited about seeing item names now. XD

Message 18 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1864 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Locust_Star wrote:

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately, the wrong image was posted in this morning's blog post which announced the 1.55 client update (note: this image has now been removed from the post). Understandably, this has caused a fair bit of confusion and has led many to believe that the major Home redesign that was announced a few weeks back would be arriving tomorrow, September 29th. The update coming to Home this Thursday is a much smaller - and completely seperate - update than the one we announced a few weeks back.

This Thursday’s update brings a new Start-Up experience, Wardrobe and Furniture enhancements, and general improvements to the way Home operates. We think you will find that it brings a lot of great, though comparatively minor, improvements to your day-to-day experience in-world.

The Hub, Districts (Action, Adventure, Sportswalk, Pier Park) as well as the games included within and the Questing/Events system will be released at a later time. Expect this content in the Fall.

More news including release date will be posted on this blog shortly. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and thank you, as always, for your support.

L_S

But we are still getting the video capture ability and uploading to Youtube, right?

If so - doesn't sound minor at all!  lol  In fact, i think that would be the best update to Home EVER!

Message 19 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
21 posts

Sep 28, 2011

you jerk,  i told you and you come here to recieve credit...eh

Message 20 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes