Highlighted
Sep 24 2009
By: mr_blackwell Lombax Warrior 95 posts

Maintenance

7 replies 7 views Edited Sep 24, 2009
I have question,with all the shutting down for maintenance work and every other thursday is maintenance work,why is there so many problems in home still?For instance alot of lagging in certain spaces.Can't they some of the problems when they doing maintenance work?Isn't that what maintenance work is fixing problems.If not what do they do during maintenance work?
Message 1 of 8 (7 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1932 posts

Re: Maintenance

Sep 24, 2009
You my friend just earned yourself a kudos. BravoRobot Very Happy
Message 2 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Sep 24, 2009
they all get together in the office and have a trash can basketball competition
Message 3 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Sep 24, 2009
yes that is what it's for. but it seems they can't find the problems to fix them or they uust simply either don't care or don't know how to fix the problems. i can fix it and i'm not an it guy.
Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1932 posts

Sep 24, 2009

hjason1 wrote:
yes that is what it's for. but it seems they can't find the problems to fix them or they uust simply either don't care or don't know how to fix the problems. i can fix it and i'm not an it guy.

Which still reminds me how the infamous FOXHOUND44 was able to recover all of the "lost" closed beta items, whe the devs couldn't. *smirks*
Message 5 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3090 posts

Sep 24, 2009
Maybe they're fixing some bugs?
Photobucket
Message 6 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
515 posts

Sep 24, 2009
maby some bugs could be easly fixed while others might require a patch. i think its to wait for an update rather than having us download a patch every thursday or when or if one is needed. (just my two cents worth)
Message 7 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3485 posts

Sep 24, 2009

mr_blackwell wrote:
I have question,with all the shutting down for maintenance work and every other thursday is maintenance work,why is there so many problems in home still?For instance alot of lagging in certain spaces.Can't they some of the problems when they doing maintenance work?Isn't that what maintenance work is fixing problems.If not what do they do during maintenance work?

Home has never been done on a gaming console other than the playstation 3, it's a very complex App, it has to run with thousands of users online at the exact same time so expecting a little bit of lag or a few hiccups here and there is expected. I wouldn't kudo this post because you don't know how much effort and work is needed to make an App like this work, it's users who don't think of things like that, sit here and make threads like this. Just live for the moment and cherrish the fact that you got to even see something like Home up and running.
Message Edited by ProphecyElite on 09-24-2009 07:27 AM
Message 8 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes