Aug 30 2013
By: BowDown-Rainbow7 Splicer 44 posts

MY View and Thoughts on PS Home

10 replies 276 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

when i first was told about  ps home from a  real life friend of mine it sounded like  a fun thing to use and go on. thats 1 of  main reasons why i got my ps3. i mainly bought it for video games but i also bought it so i can use home. i do like home but i just had a whole different opinon of it cause i thought it was a place to meet nice people and share  your gaming experinces with people around the world  sharing ur hobbies and eventually becoming friends with them.  i know everyone on home wasnt going to be nice and friendily. theres always some bad apples amongest the bunch. i did meet some nice people but others have been nothing but rude and arrogant with me cause i didnt buy many clothes yet but only few clothes i still called a noob  default cause i use freeclothes and rewards. i just wanna know  from other people experinces who been on longer then me. who has been onyears why do some people on here judge u cause u still use free stuff. home is suppose to be a place to have fun and meet people share experinces not to get judged cause of how your avatar looks. it shouldnt matter how someone's avatar looks as long as you repesent yourself nice as a person and your respectful.  some people on home are so cruel i dont like it. i come on home to have fun not to get judged. if anyone can share their thoughts on this topic ill like to know. if u had any bad experinces when u first started on home

Message 1 of 11 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Re: MY View and Thoughts on PS Home

Aug 30, 2013
Because people have to cut others down to make themselves feel better. Still to this day people try to make fun of me and start with me because i have "guy avi name". I just ignore them. Or tell them you didn't pick my name I did and I like it, then hit ignore lol there is a lot of cool people on here, don't let the bad ones keep you down.
nelsig
Message 2 of 11 (269 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Aug 30, 2013

It's sad that this happens but you have to remember that the ones who make fun of people or bully are most likely the younger users. Of course this doesn't apply to all the young users but I find that the majority I run into are younger than 20. In my whole time being on Home I actually had to report a Guide for harassing another user and using language that I'm surprised wasn't censored today, so goes to show even the "mature" people can fail at being kind. Sad as it is all we can do is report, ignore, and take them with the grain of salt. Also, never feed a "troll", all it does is exacerbates the situation so it's better to just move along and enjoy yourself Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 11 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

It can be hard to meet new and kind people in Home, especially if you're wearing default clothes.  It's sort of a reverse-trolling effect.  See, it's really not so much that people are looking down on you for wearing default, it's that most trolls create a fake account to use specifically for trolling in Home (so when that account gets banned, they won't lose anything), so when you approach someone while wearing default, that person will probably assume you're some kind of troll and they will get defensive.

You don't have to buy something, but buying something does let other people know that you plan on sticking around Home for a while, so people will be more comfortable with you.

Another option is to get more involved in the forums and attending forum events.  I can not stress how these forums are a great resource in finding and making friends with some of the best Home has to offer.

You also should consider picking up a keyboard.  The PS3 will accept any USB keyboard, which you can get for about $15.

The best advice I can give you is to not take it personally.  You know you're a good person, so don't allow the negative ones to ruin your Home experience.  Just walk away.  That's really all you have to do.  Just ask yourself, "What Would Lord Humongous do?"

lordh.jpg

Message 4 of 11 (240 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Join taco fam, we'll protect you.

Cat TongueCat TongueCat TongueCat TongueCat Tongue

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 5 of 11 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I admit that when I first joined Home I got treated badly because I was wearing the default clothes for a while. For the first couple of months when ever I got a new psn card I usually bought personal spaces and furniture and wasn't too concerned about what my avatar was wearing. I was also playing a lot of games at the midway and was wearing my my t-shirt rewards. I wasn't teased too bad when I wore those. But a lot of times I don't even pay a lot of attention to the chat log so I don't really care what people say about me now. I tend to miss the nice compliments that way too though, and sometimes I miss a fellow forum member or friend trying to chat with me. But they usually send me a pm anyways. My advice is just have fun and don't worry about what others say. Just remember that they went through the same thing too, we all did.  Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 11 (204 Views)
VP of Gaming
28566 posts

Aug 30, 2013

BowDown-Rainbow7 wrote:

I come on home to have fun not to get judged.

Who cares what people think? So what if someone judges us? 

Drop the idea of Home being a game. View Home as a real world where personal feelings, beliefs, likes and dislikes exist. Then from there, interact with or avoid people as we would do in real life. If someone calls us a nasty name, we have the options to accept it, ignore it or report it.

We shouldn't let our enjoyment of Home be dependent on how others feel about us, but rather on how we feel about our own selves.

I've recieved threats and insults in Home, the Forums and elsewhere on the internet. Yet I have never let such negativity make me want to quit or "get back at them". I just do my best to be polite and respectful to all and to not let their negativity (and in some cases their hatred) bring me down. I still manage to have a goodtime each time I am in Home.

Look, use Home and have fun with it. Any frienships we develope are just icing on the cake.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 11 (201 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 30, 2013
Home can be a very cold place at times and also can show a grand kindness in people at other times. Our real personas tend to shine forth through these avatars and like in real life, we are all and many and varied. So many different opinions and personalities it is best not to attatch yourself too emotionally to any one outside person's opinion but you just spend the time doing what feels right and having fun however you can (maybe in a game you like or with friends you meet) and the positivity will show. Positivity grows. And people will be attracted to that positivity, trust me. Like in real life you need to get out there, mingle and meet people. It can be scary at times but remember they themselves have or maybe are feeling the same way you are. Who knows? You may be the very person someone is looking for to start enjoying Home more themselves. If you leave you may just deprive someone of a potential friend...

I know I have felt this way at times man but it really is just like a meta version of life. You can carry peoples' negativity with you or not. Its your call at the end of the day. You have the POWAHhhHHh! ^_^
Support Forums
Message 8 of 11 (167 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6035 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I learned many moons ago to stop contemplating the psychological reasons why folks are disrespectful and mean.

Home is what you make of it.

I came to home and found it relieved some  of the stress I had in my daily life. I found it to be enjoyable and fun.

Unfortunately there are some on Home that seem to take great pleasure in ruining that experience for others for their own personal amusement.

I don't argue, rationalize, or try to debate with folks that only bring the negative spin to the table. I leave them to their own misery and move on.

Personally I find the off the beaten path space's the most enjoyable. You tend to run into small groups or individual folk that are generally more pleasant to encounter and hang with.

That's the beauty of Home. There are so many different people from all walks of life. You just have to look and search for folks you mesh well with.

Being patient also helps.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 9 of 11 (163 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Aug 30, 2013
Wal mart and big lots has a good ugly but good keyboard for 4.00. I own it lol.
 photo 4f082c05-f120-486c-89cf-2b897b97a2e8_zps5aafc426.jpg
Message 10 of 11 (141 Views)
0 Likes