Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/04/2011
Offline
1148 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The MVP picks will change on a regular basis although I don't think that has been determined quite yet. I simply want to see other catergories added to what could be a fun tab when it comes to community picks for which the MVP tab would be only one. 

 


I do not "know" many of the MVP's. Some I do.

 

When Joanna speaks; I listen. She has always been so supportive of not only Home, but of the people who use Home. When I first came to these Forums, and discovered The Ladies Fashion Runway, I saw Joanna make people feel good about their contributions, whether great or small.

She has good taste, and manners. . . .ok, enough "Joanna for President".

 

See what she suggests ? Expand the Tab, to include more Catagories, along with Community Picks.

" for which the MVP tab would be only one. "

Brilliant. Simple. Elegant. Brilliant.

 

We really don't need a Most Venemous Person program.

We do need, in these times of uncertainty, these people who strive to make Home more fun,

and more attractive to those who have never ventured into our Realm.

 

 photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 51 of 58 (413 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

Jul 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

We need a Top 20 Community Picks based on sales. Those would be interesting to see and those could be set weekly and monthly. 


Japan was doing that for a while. Not sure if they still are or not. It's a feature that NA could desperately use.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 52 of 58 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

Jul 18, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

We need a Top 20 Community Picks based on sales. Those would be interesting to see and those could be set weekly and monthly. 


Japan was doing that for a while. Not sure if they still are or not. It's a feature that NA could desperately use.


Yes they do. Their Navigator is elegant not only with shopping but with the arrangement of thier public spaces according to developer. I made this video a couple months ago. I wish I could claim these were my ideas but they aren't.

 

Our shopping experience is a nightmare on Wednesday morning. I prefer now to simply wait for websites like Alphazone to publish content updates before having to running around looking for new items.

 

 

Message 53 of 58 (375 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4664 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

Jul 18, 2013

 

To bad most people that use HOME don't know what MVPs are. That's the hilarious part.

Looks like these managers really want a nice resume when HOME shuts down.

Message 54 of 58 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3862 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

Jul 19, 2013

Tang_Ang Tossed_Around:

 

I'm glad to see my favorite items and spaces appeared in MVP picks.

 

To be frank, I don't really think that MVP picks would help increase the sale. People have different tastes.

It would be nice if the MVP's would describe why they chose each of the things they picked more than just that they like them. I want to see a review for each of them in the thread.


 ;^) Heh. My picks were the White Border PIcture Frame and the Mayor's Rug. The picutre frame was among my first Home purchases. The default funriture set from the Harbor Studio had no picture frame, see. The Loot! offering features a wide matte board to border any image one loads into it.  I've scanned some of my old pencil sketches, and these frames make them look like huge lithographs.

 

The Mayor's Carpet is said to increase your revenue in Home Tycoon, but I have't played that since the first couple of weeks. I bought the carpet when it was introduced later solely because it's huge and colorful. It strongly defines any patch of floor where I place it as an area in itself. For example, combine it with a desk and bookshelves to make any stretch of floor into a Home office area, regardless of whether there are walls nearby, etc.

Message 55 of 58 (285 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
3231 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

Jul 19, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Tang_Ang Tossed_Around:

 

I'm glad to see my favorite items and spaces appeared in MVP picks.

 

To be frank, I don't really think that MVP picks would help increase the sale. People have different tastes.

It would be nice if the MVP's would describe why they chose each of the things they picked more than just that they like them. I want to see a review for each of them in the thread.


 ;^) Heh. My picks were the White Border PIcture Frame and the Mayor's Rug. The picutre frame was among my first Home purchases. The default funriture set from the Harbor Studio had no picture frame, see. The Loot! offering features a wide matte board to border any image one loads into it.  I've scanned some of my old pencil sketches, and these frames make them look like huge lithographs.

 

The Mayor's Carpet is said to increase your revenue in Home Tycoon, but I have't played that since the first couple of weeks. I bought the carpet when it was introduced later solely because it's huge and colorful. It strongly defines any patch of floor where I place it as an area in itself. For example, combine it with a desk and bookshelves to make any stretch of floor into a Home office area, regardless of whether there are walls nearby, etc.


Decorating tips from DangerDad.

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 56 of 58 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/20/2008
Offline
3279 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

Two of my picks are on the list,  the Juggernaut Observer and the LOOT Hollywood Hills house.  I chose items that I felt gave users more bang for their buck.  I picked the Observer because it's an all around good tool to have.  It's low on slots, has some cool filter effects, lets you take pictures in addition to video and you can get into some spots you normally wouldn't be able to  with the built-in camera or the LOOT active cameras for some good angles.   I originally picked the Hollywood Hills house before the recent update, bundle and price increase but I still stand by my choice.  I think it's the perfect starter Home for anyone looking to purchase a personal space and the bundle basically sets you up for everything you'll need.   It's one of the more "realistic" personal spaces we have, wacky and weird are cool but it's nice to keep it normal sometimes.  The built in EOD TV, radio and now swimming really keep the value to this space, plus you get some free items when you buy the estate.

 photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 57 of 58 (216 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/27/2008
Offline
5706 posts
 

Re: MVP picks

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

thanksguys for the feed back look in the future for a more official thread in the future as this thread will be closing soon. Thanks to everyone in the community for your ideas Smiley Happy

images.jpg

Message 58 of 58 (170 Views)
0 Likes