Survivor
1924 posts

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 23, 2013

I notice alot of people are feeling they need to defend MVP or HCVs or whatever it's called today. That they should stand up for people who are good folks who try to benefit the home community. 

But...

If the position is to help people in Home, communication skills are necessary. And a usb keyboard nowadays can be found for under $10. 

Rather then defend against criticism, I think we should focus on how to improve Home. And this is one small way to do it. 

Message 71 of 74 (203 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

Danger_Dad Demonstratively Disclosed:

;^) Heh, heh, hehhhh...! It's not so much a matter of trolling the troll as it's a matter of happening to outmatch his pace of communication. While the other fellow is replying to something I've said, I'll often think of something to add while waiting on him. When I forget to hold back, his part of the dialog usually devolves to "Sure." "Cool." "IKR?" and other simple things while I ramble.

Ah so you must possess a keyboard as well as an accomplished alliterative assault.

Message 72 of 74 (159 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Myalana Mirrored:

Danger_Dad Demonstratively Disclosed:

;^) Heh, heh, hehhhh...! It's not so much a matter of trolling the troll as it's a matter of happening to outmatch his pace of communication. While the other fellow is replying to something I've said, I'll often think of something to add while waiting on him. When I forget to hold back, his part of the dialog usually devolves to "Sure." "Cool." "IKR?" and other simple things while I ramble.

Ah so you must possess a keyboard as well as an accomplished alliterative assault.

;^) Heh. I've been waiting a long time for someone on this board to notice that....

Message 73 of 74 (135 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

I notice alot of people are feeling they need to defend MVP or HCVs or whatever it's called today. That they should stand up for people who are good folks who try to benefit the home community

I think it's pointless to defend people that by default shouldn't need defending in the first place. It also distracts everyone from the main discussion and to be honest anyone appointed to behave at a higher standard than normal should not be engaging in this sort of conversation in the first place but instead following their own advice of ignoring it entirely, reporting it and moving on. Anyways...

All the majority of Homeys want is to help or be helped. How a volunteer helps shouldn't matter so long as they are helpful. In a real world or virtual there is a limit as to what's an acceptable timespan to respond to dialogue. If a Guide is incapable of responding in a timely manner without a keyboard then yes they should consider getting one or  alternatively helping the MVP program in some other way that would actually be more benefitial to others.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 74 of 74 (126 Views)