Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

 

I believe MVP's/ Guides should have keyboards like these. They can play music while typing...and they are fast and helpful


If singing isn't a requirement those could be awesome. Smiley Wink

 

Hope you have ear plugs


what do you mean? singing is on the MVP application, didnt you have to send Sony a CD of you singing "You're a Grand old Flag" like everyon else did?

 


No I never filled out an application. Sorry their mistake. Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 74 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

 

I believe MVP's/ Guides should have keyboards like these. They can play music while typing...and they are fast and helpful


If singing isn't a requirement those could be awesome. Smiley Wink

 

Hope you have ear plugs


what do you mean? singing is on the MVP application, didnt you have to send Sony a CD of you singing "You're a Grand old Flag" like everyon else did?

 


No I never filled out an application. Sorry their mistake. Smiley Wink


Joanna is good enough to be automatically chosen for MVP


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 42 of 74 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5457 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

It's so annoying running into a guide and having to wait for five minutes for them to punch out a sentance or two. I have seen this happen time and time again. Guides on PSHome should be able to talk fast to answer questions effinciently or they should not have the privilage of that position. 


Let me just kick this off with this:

 

"MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement"

 


An MVP is not an official sony employee, therefore it is not a job. The Home guides and MVP's do everything they do voluntarily and out of their own spare time.

 

While it may pain you to wait for an answer, you should take into consideration the fact that if you find yourself in the need of help from a guide and they have taken the time out of their day to help you. Then surely it is the end result that is worth waiting for?

 

This attitude that they are there to answer you and quick-sharpish is pretty apalling actually. 

 

While most users on Home might use a keyboard, others don't have that luxury.  Spare a thought for a second next time when you find yourself in this situation. You might have to wait a little longer for your answer but how many questions by how many different people do you think the guides get on a daily basis? 

 

The length of time you wait for your answer, is the length of time they have taken out of their day to help answer your question.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 43 of 74 (414 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
13269 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

It's so annoying running into a guide and having to wait for five minutes for them to punch out a sentance or two. I have seen this happen time and time again. Guides on PSHome should be able to talk fast to answer questions effinciently or they should not have the privilage of that position. 


Let me just kick this off with this:

 

"MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement"

 


An MVP is not an official sony employee, therefore it is not a job. The Home guides and MVP's do everything they do voluntarily and out of their own spare time.

 

It is a job. Although it's not a paid position, it's still a "job".

job1 [job] Show IPA noun, verb, jobbed, job·bing, adjective

noun

1.
a piece of work, especially a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price: She gave him the job of mowing the lawn.
2.
a post of employment; full-time or part-time position: She was seeking a job as an editor.
3.
anything a person is expected or obliged to do; duty; responsibility: It is your job to be on time.
4.
an affair, matter, occurrence, or state of affairs: to make the best of a bad job.
5.
the material, project, assignment, etc., being worked upon: The housing project was a long and costly job.
 
 

While it may pain you to wait for an answer, you should take into consideration the fact that if you find yourself in the need of help from a guide and they have taken the time out of their day to help you. Then surely it is the end result that is worth waiting for?

 

It's a choice to have the Beacon on. If you want to hang out with your friends or play a game, don't have it on. If you have it on it's saying "I'm here to help", and they have chosen to take the time to do so.

You make sound like they've gone out of their way to help.

 

 

This attitude that they are there to answer you and quick-sharpish is pretty apalling actually. 

 

While most users on Home might use a keyboard, others don't have that luxury.  Spare a thought for a second next time when you find yourself in this situation. You might have to wait a little longer for your answer but how many questions by how many different people do you think the guides get on a daily basis? 

 

So, spending countless dollars on virtual crap isn't a luxury, but a cheap $10-$15 Keyboard is?

 

The length of time you wait for your answer, is the length of time they have taken out of their day to help answer your question.

 

They're not doing anyone a favor, if this is what they applied for and chose to do. Unfortunately with the recent wave of guides this doesn't seem to be the case. Having the Beacon is nothing more than a way to say "look at me".

 

I used to give the old HCV program a lot of flack, but it was certainly better than what's taking place now.


I normally don't disagree with you Vee, but I think you're a little off in your defense, sorry.

Message 44 of 74 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Online
3895 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

;^) A good second-hand USB keyboard can be had from your local charity thrift store dirt cheaply. Say, about five bucks. This means that pretty much anyone who can afford a PS3 or PS3 game can afford a keyboard for Home use. I strongly recommend them. They make life easier. Especially around trolls. If you have a keyboard and the troll does not, you'll dominate the conversation and he'll be discouraged.

 

They are not required for Home Guides, nor should they be, but naturally they would make conversations go much more smoothly.

Message 45 of 74 (332 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Offline
4725 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013
I love my keyboard. Got it like four years ago at Target and its still going strong.

Wireless Logitech bundled with a mouse for $10.
Message 46 of 74 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4664 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

 

With most of them always living on the Application via XMB, they should.

Message 47 of 74 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

bookepride wrote:

 

With most of them always living on the Application via XMB, they should.


I agree and disagree with you, brooke.

As long as they help....and are taking time away to assist you.....they're just fine..I get the point..no one likes a slow typer


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 48 of 74 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/03/2009
Offline
3826 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

     Hiya Home Peeps,

 

     I just got some time to read over the concerns with some.  I can totally understand it could be an inconvenience to wait for a reply.  However, the PlayStation MVP's on PS Home are not required to have a keyboard.  We do our best for everyone that needs help.  What I know is I've been serving this community for around 5 years now and it's been a pleasure meeting more people and helping new people in the process.

 

- Being a PlayStation MVP is "NOT" a Job.  It's volunteer work.  To be honest, I don't even like saying the word "Work".  Because, it's not work, it's fun to me and I love it.  And, I'm sure all the other PlayStation MVPs on Home or not on Home love it too.  We're dedicated people with a lot of motivation.  We  love you all and never think we're any better because of a fancy forum rank.

 

     There was a time I didn't have a keyboard and it did indeed drive me up the wall not having one, but that didn't hinder me from helping.  I'm a very kind person, but I have my days of course - I wouldn't be human if I didn't.  If you see a PlayStation MVP out of line on Home, simply report them.  I personally never seen a PlayStation MVP on Home out of line.

 

     To add a bit more, being a PlayStation MVP on Home isn't just about being kind or nice.  That might sound wrong, but it's the truth.  If someone walks up and says "Hello" and nothing else.  Am I not kind if I didn't say hello back?  Now if they said "Hello Bambi" I'd be sure to say hi and address them.  I'm the type that minds my own business (unless I'm at a party), and/or I see someone that is in need of help or Guidance.

 

  • As I've said in the past - I'm never above you, I'm never below you, I'm always beside you.  I just don't take heed to the bashing on the forums or Home, but it's the World Wide Web and it's a given.  Smiley Happy  
Message 49 of 74 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
3348 posts
 

Re: MVP/PSH Guides should have Keyboards as a job requirement

Jul 21, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

     Hiya Home Peeps,

 

     I just got some time to read over the concerns with some.  I can totally understand it could be an inconvenience to wait for a reply.  However, the PlayStation MVP's on PS Home are not required to have a keyboard.  We do our best for everyone that needs help.  What I know is I've been serving this community for around 5 years now and it's been a pleasure meeting more people and helping new people in the process.

 

- Being a PlayStation MVP is "NOT" a Job.  It's volunteer work.  To be honest, I don't even like saying the word "Work".  Because, it's not work, it's fun to me and I love it.  And, I'm sure all the other PlayStation MVPs on Home or not on Home love it too.  We're dedicated people with a lot of motivation.  We  love you all and never think we're any better because of a fancy forum rank.

 

     There was a time I didn't have a keyboard and it did indeed drive me up the wall not having one, but that didn't hinder me from helping.  I'm a very kind person, but I have my days of course - I wouldn't be human if I didn't.  If you see a PlayStation MVP out of line on Home, simply report them.  I personally never seen a PlayStation MVP on Home out of line.

 

     To add a bit more, being a PlayStation MVP on Home isn't just about being kind or nice.  That might sound wrong, but it's the truth.  If someone walks up and says "Hello" and nothing else.  Am I not kind if I didn't say hello back?  Now if they said "Hello Bambi" I'd be sure to say hi and address them.  I'm the type that minds my own business (unless I'm at a party), and/or I see someone that is in need of help or Guidance.

 

  • As I've said in the past - I'm never above you, I'm never below you, I'm always beside you.  I just don't take heed to the bashing on the forums or Home, but it's the World Wide Web and it's a given.  Smiley Happy  

It must be a job since you all receive compensation.

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 50 of 74 (204 Views)
0 Likes