Feb 26 2014
By: FriarGirl Lombax Warrior 134 posts

MLB Jerseys for Home

22 replies 1290 views Edited Feb 26, 2014

With the release of MLB 14 The Show just a few weeks away it would be awesome if we can have the ability to have MLB jerseys for our Home avatars just like when EA used to have the NFL & NBA team jerseys a few years ago. I know there are others that would like to have their team represented and it would be very popular among the community, especially sports fans.  I still get asked about my Chargers jersey many years now after they were available and feel the demand would be there for MLB team jerseys as well.   I do understand there's licensing and such that would have to be worked out but seeing that SCEA has the license in place for MLB 14 The Show shouldn't make it difficult to make this a reality for the Home Community.

Would like to know from the "Powers that Be" if this can be done and just how many of you within the community would be interested in this?

Message 1 of 23 (1,290 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: MLB Jerseys for Home

Feb 26, 2014

This will never happen, but I'll tell you what. If they actually do this, I'll buy one, despite not liking or knowing about any sports whatsoever. 

Message 2 of 23 (1,286 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3252 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I have requested this for 2 years now...still nothing so i would say we wont be getting anything related to MLB or other Professional Sport.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 3 of 23 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1572 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I'd definately get a Blue Jays jersey if they were for sale on home. I still wish we had the NFL jerseys and got NHL jerseys.

Photobucket
| The Club of Champions | Five years & counting | @ClubofChampions
Message 4 of 23 (1,275 Views)
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I would rather have NFL Jerseys but I would definitely buy a Yankees Jersey.

Message 5 of 23 (1,267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2681 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I like the idea of MLB jerseys. We do have some good baseball stuff so I can't complain really. But as for purchasing MLB uniforms, I'm game.

We Detroit fans have a slight advantage in that there's a generic top with DETROIT printed on the front. Why not other cities, not just MLB cities either.

Good discussion topic if we can come up with some ideas. 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 6 of 23 (1,248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 26, 2014

FriarGirl wrote:

With the release of MLB 14 The Show just a few weeks away it would be awesome if we can have the ability to have MLB jerseys for our Home avatars just like when EA used to have the NFL & NBA team jerseys a few years ago. I know there are others that would like to have their team represented and it would be very popular among the community, especially sports fans.  I still get asked about my Chargers jersey many years now after they were available and feel the demand would be there for MLB team jerseys as well.   I do understand there's licensing and such that would have to be worked out but seeing that SCEA has the license in place for MLB 14 The Show shouldn't make it difficult to make this a reality for the Home Community.

Would like to know from the "Powers that Be" if this can be done and just how many of you within the community would be interested in this?

If I remember right EA has the copy rights to the jerseys so less they come back to Home (very unlikely) there will be no more jerseys.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 7 of 23 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Zeelot - I have been hoping we could have got them back when they made the Twins Joe Mauer Jersey as a Free Reward (unfortunately just for males) and it seems like a no-brainer since Sony/SCEA has licensing for the game already in place.

The key to making this a reality still lies with US (The Community) we have to display a need/demand for wanting them as part of our Home experience to show that it would be profitable for all parties involved in making it happen.  The best way to do that is to continue to express the desire for them!

Message 8 of 23 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

King - EA had the rights because of Madden and NBA Live..... MLB has been something Sony has had the rights to since starting The Show years ago.....so it should be easy for Sony/SCEA to apply those rights to Home and generate another profit stream for them and MLB while self promoting The Show.

NBA and NFL jerseys would require EA getting involved with Home again (not likely)  or SCEA making a licensing deal with those sports directly and that has to be seen as profitable before it even happens.

Message 9 of 23 (1,235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Feb 27, 2014

I  would buy the official shirts for my teams, or even just like minded ones with colors and numbers, Sony has copyright infringed before and not been  taken to court. I don't think they would if they made diffent colored shirts with numbers

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 10 of 23 (1,213 Views)
0 Likes