Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think Mercia is a really fun game. The reward/price structure on the game is excellent. You don't need to buy anything to play or finish the game for that matter. The rewards are awesome and even the buy in game armors are usuable in world. 

 

The game can get repetitive with respect to quests and the biggest issue with Mercia is the fact that it was released with bugs that should have been fixed before it hit the general community.

 

No Mans Land on the other hand has a terrible buy in strategy and for the most part I see no one on my friends list playing the game. Mercia is packed with friends playing it. I even see friends there who have completed Fame 30 helping friends to reach certain goals.

 

We'll see updates to Mercia if the game does well according to Lockwood. 


I'll agree that Mercia IS a fun game, and the rewards are mui bueno, but the load times can be atrocious at best, and the whole enemy re-spawn and blue hell matter can really dampen the enjoyment of a game. Let's say, for comparison's sake, that VM became aware (FINALLY) of our price complaints and decided to adjust/refund the cost to play the game, even went so far as to come up with rewards for achievements made in-game. Do you believe this would help dissuade people's dislike of NML?


Well it's buggy. The game worked fine for me last week until I got to fame 14. I got to fame 30 twice in beta so it's certainly doable. It's a shame the game still has bugs.

 

Personally I'm hoping the game is a success and that Lockwood decides to update it at some point. This is a new adventure for many of the 3rd party developers. If the games dont do well we won't see more of them.

Message 11 of 73 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
If they ironed out Mercia a little more I can see it being very popular across all the regions. No Man's Land is a Poor Man's FPS. The opening section of the game is terribly long winded. A tutorial on CoD would take 5 minutes. 10 tops if you're not savvy. The whole thing first time round for me (also due to bugs where I COULDN'T MOVE so COULDN'T SEE ENEMIES) took over 1 hour. Then after all that you find out you have to pay for content that will only enhance a mildly playable game in a mild fashion. It's probably the one VMP product I dislike. Mercia though has potential.


My biggest problem with the movement from cover-to-cover is that the game isn't intuitive enough to keep up with sudden changes in direction. Not the worst complaint, I'm sure, *gravelly voice* but if your movements aren't precise on the battlefield, son, you may as well paint a target on yerself and visit the enemy with cookies!! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 12 of 73 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/18/2009
Offline
179 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012
No mans land..... I like the game but I don't like the movement in the game sometimes it interferes with your aiming and it is hard to aim where you want in certain spots when up against the wall, I did have fun playing it at first but now I never play it at all,and they really need to change the pricing of their upgrade items omg the prices are outragous in my opinion.


Mercia..... this game in my opinion is really fun to play, I couldn't stop playing it once I started, the quests, the beetles and the lizards are fun.

Now the problem with the game is the spawning of the beetles and lizards, they don't spawn when they are supposed to or when you are fighting them they will just disappear and more will just spawn on top of you, which makes it hard to finish quests when they don't spawn and annoying when beetles and lizards just disappears, and also let's not forget the Blue Hell that is happening way more often then it did in the beta, I think they released it to the public to soon, but once they fix these bugs and glitches this game will be even more fun, in my opinion this game beats NML hands down. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Shortnsassy37
Message 13 of 73 (211 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

No Man's Lands, hands-down. Aside from just some of the glitches and issues I hear people complaining about with No Man's Land, the whole business strategy of this game is a failure. It's a pay-to-play that is nowhere near on par with 3rd person shooter games.

 

Both of the games - No Man's Land and Mercia - have their share of glitches and problems, but even if the glitches were ironed out with No Man's Land, there's still the paying to even play the darn game (having just a stupid, weak pistol up against enemies who have armor and assault rifles/snipers is NOT playing the game). Plus, unlike Mercia, there's no reward incentive for users to continuously play the game. There's no ranking, no rewards, nothing. It's just playing for the sheer enjoym...errr..experience of playing.

 

Lockwood has plans on fixing the bugs. Bear in mind, the game just came out, and with it going public, there's a greater strain on the servers, which logically could account for the greater instances of issues with the public release of Mercia. Whereas with Greedme, there's no hope they will change anything about the game. They are in it for the pure profits, which has backfired, and rightfully so. Look at Total Rekall for evidence of this. People have to create events just to get enough of people to play a game. That is FAIL:

 

TOTAL-RECKALL-TUESDAYS


My biggest reason for creating this thread was so that we could all point to it and say, "See, VEEMEE, even with it's problems, people would rather play THAT game than yours!!" BTW, anybody got some contact info for VEEMEE? Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 14 of 73 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

 

Well it's buggy. The game worked fine for me last week until I got to fame 14. I got to fame 30 twice in beta so it's certainly doable. It's a shame the game still has bugs.

 

Personally I'm hoping the game is a success and that Lockwood decides to update it at some point. This is a new adventure for many of the 3rd party developers. If the games dont do well we won't see more of them.


Couldn't've said it better myself. But I also want NML to succeed in the same fashion, as it's not the worst game Home's ever had. I'm hoping that VEEMEE will take a serious look at this and realize we don't just hate them, and that our complaints are easily rectified.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 73 (204 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

Shortnsassy37 wrote:
No mans land..... I like the game but I don't like the movement in the game sometimes it interferes with your aiming and it is hard to aim where you want in certain spots when up against the wall, I did have fun playing it at first but now I never play it at all,and they really need to change the pricing of their upgrade items omg the prices are outragous in my opinion.


Mercia..... this game in my opinion is really fun to play, I couldn't stop playing it once I started, the quests, the beetles and the lizards are fun.

Now the problem with the game is the spawning of the beetles and lizards, they don't spawn when they are supposed to or when you are fighting them they will just disappear and more will just spawn on top of you, which makes it hard to finish quests when they don't spawn and annoying when beetles and lizards just disappears, and also let's not forget the Blue Hell that is happening way more often then it did in the beta, I think they released it to the public to soon, but once they fix these bugs and glitches this game will be even more fun, in my opinion this game beats NML hands down. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy


Oh look, my wife made it to the forums!! Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL And BTW, I can verify that she is HOOKED by Mercia; she could, can, and will play that game for hours on end. She's Fame 30 now, but she'd help friends with quests, if asked. Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 16 of 73 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/25/2010
Offline
1691 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

stardeth wrote:

 

My biggest reason for creating this thread was so that we could all point to it and say, "See, VEEMEE, even with it's problems, people would rather play THAT game than yours!!" BTW, anybody got some contact info for VEEMEE? Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL


VeeMee Twitter

Message 17 of 73 (189 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/20/2009
Offline
909 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

Despite the annoying bugs, Mercia wins. No Man's Land is the bigger fail.

 

No Man's Land is basically a glorified version of the Uncharted 3 game that was a placeholder for the Adventure District at one point, so right there is loses points for being a clone of a game that was terrible to begin with.

 

Movement is automatic, you just tell your character where to move and he moves on his own. That sucks because in a shooter game, PEOPLE  WANT CONTROL.  NML loses points again.

 

Thirdly, in that tutorial I was FORCED to play before getting to the Dry Dock for the first time, I'd noticed that the targeting system quite off. I could never hit targets from around walls even with the targeting reticle over the character, because there's some kind of invisible extension of the wall that blocks my shots because the designers couldn't frame the wall properly when making it's polygon, like they couldn't shape the frame properly and had to make a square around it and it's hitting that square and not the wall.  More points lost for bad level design causing interference.

 

Next up, more shooting stupidity, coming from the raiders, or more accurately, a method of killing them.  Headshots... Have the designers never heard of headshots before?  I shoot a raider 10 times in the face before he dies.  ONE SHOT SHOULD DO IT.  After one shot the guys head should open up like a blooming onion.  That's how it works in real life.  I know, I've been mislead into going to shock sites that show it.  I don't care how much protection a person's head has around it, it's still weak.  Some more points lost for lack of logic.

 

Finally, No Man's Land doesn't include reward items for playing the game.  More points lost for failing to hook the player and keep them playing.  Somehow the lame military outfit you get for entering the dry dock is supposed to be enough.  I'm not impressed.

 

At least Mercia gives you a reward for almost every level you advance, giving players a reason to keep playing, you can freely move your character wherever you want them to go, and it's and original game, not a clone of one that already exists.  Mercia's bugs are also a fixable kind, whereas No Man's Land's bugs have to do with level design and can't be fixed without remaking entire levels from the ground up.

 

Mercia wins, No Man's Land loses.  In my opinion.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 18 of 73 (170 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
29457 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

I enjoy playing both.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 19 of 73 (166 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13194 posts
 

Re: MERCIA vs. NO MAN'S LAND: Which is the bigger FAIL?

Sep 4, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

Despite the annoying bugs, Mercia wins. No Man's Land is the bigger fail.

 

No Man's Land is basically a glorified version of the Uncharted 3 game that was a placeholder for the Adventure District at one point, so right there is loses points for being a clone of a game that was terrible to begin with.

 

Movement is automatic, you just tell your character where to move and he moves on his own. That sucks because in a shooter game, PEOPLE  WANT CONTROL.  NML loses points again.

 

Thirdly, in that tutorial I was FORCED to play before getting to the Dry Dock for the first time, I'd noticed that the targeting system quite off. I could never hit targets from around walls even with the targeting reticle over the character, because there's some kind of invisible extension of the wall that blocks my shots because the designers couldn't frame the wall properly when making it's polygon, like they couldn't shape the frame properly and had to make a square around it and it's hitting that square and not the wall.  More points lost for bad level design causing interference.

 

Next up, more shooting stupidity, coming from the raiders, or more accurately, a method of killing them.  Headshots... Have the designers never heard of headshots before?  I shoot a raider 10 times in the face before he dies.  ONE SHOT SHOULD DO IT.  After one shot the guys head should open up like a blooming onion.  That's how it works in real life.  I know, I've been mislead into going to shock sites that show it.  I don't care how much protection a person's head has around it, it's still weak.  Some more points lost for lack of logic.

 

Finally, No Man's Land doesn't include reward items for playing the game.  More points lost for failing to hook the player and keep them playing.  Somehow the lame military outfit you get for entering the dry dock is supposed to be enough.  I'm not impressed.

 

At least Mercia gives you a reward for almost every level you advance, giving players a reason to keep playing, you can freely move your character wherever you want them to go, and it's and original game, not a clone of one that already exists.  Mercia's bugs are also a fixable kind, whereas No Man's Land's bugs have to do with level design and can't be fixed without remaking entire levels from the ground up.

 

Mercia wins, No Man's Land loses.  In my opinion.


You know what Mercia win a lot more? New Weapons at the Lockwood Gift Machine. (confirmed by EU Blog)

 

 

Message 20 of 73 (146 Views)