Sackboy
416 posts

Re: MERCIA: FRACTURED REALMS WALKTHROUGH

Oct 4, 2012

has ther been an update on Mercia, yet? I'm waiting for a round of bugfixes before I go back

Message 21 of 39 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Oct 4, 2012
No. Theyre taking their sweet time with it.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 22 of 39 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

For some reason, when I kill the flying beatles, it doesn't add towards my first Akek quest. I've tried exiting out, and rebooting my ps3. weird.

::Edit:: nevermind, it's fixed now.

Message 23 of 39 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Please advise, I'm also looking for queen. Battled her once.  Lost  been back, and now has yet to spawn. I've tried rebooting, going out/coming back. Nothing works. I know there's gliches, but this is ridiculous...

Message 24 of 39 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Quality thread! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 25 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Oct 16, 2012

haya sorry i haven't checked this thread in a while. after playin the game like 4 times i got sort of frustrated w it hehe. sometimes when u go for the queen just after someone else has killed it it doesn't respawn same w th the other lizards in there. i'd suggest tryin to go to a different server n try that though bein that it's been so long for me to respond u prob got it by now.

Message 26 of 39 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Oct 19, 2012

and i checked out that walkthrough manuel before the info on the weapons i believe is correct but if you look at the quests on my forum and the quests on that one they're wrong. it's the Stone of nieve then the stone of Valkier i posted a message before that that manuel was wrong on here when someone posted the site n i checked it out. best to go back n check n make sure they r correct i know mine are all right cause i went through the game a 4th time to double check my info.

Message 27 of 39 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Oct 21, 2012

The list is as Ok as it endured to me. Eventually the order might differ from others due to the fact that you might speak to Akek, The Oracle, and the Gatekeeper in a different order than I did.

I tried to make no mistakes when building the manual, but we are humans, and humans are known for the mistakes they make.

Message 28 of 39 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Thanks for doing this, I was eternally frustrated at level 30 trying to find the Beetle Queen again. I guess some bugs never got fixed. I certainly hope Lockwood expands on this RPG & abandons the other typical fighting/FPS projects they seem to be pursuing. I spent many many hours simply amazed at the eye candy of many of the rooms & the great fun to be had teaming up with strangers to take down some of the bosses. It does seem infinitely incomplete, many rooms have triggers/ objects that were never implemented. If anyone else played the Beta, you may have noticed that some of the rather exciting puzzles they were working on got canned in the final 'get it ready by the deadline' version. At very least it paid out handsomely with PSH rewards for leveling up & was something I looked forward to unwinding with after a long shift. I hope Mercia (like Sodium 2 Racing) continue to expand while other waste of time projects geared towards solely 'pay to play' emphasis make their short lived runs & be forever left in the dust. Great Walkthough, with which I would probably still be wandering around ooking for Room# 16 (LOL), in the Beta the room names were labelled in the bottom right corner for anyone interested. Since I never bothered making an old school dungeon crawler map like you did I ended up going, "now where was that Beetle Queen back @ Lvl 7? Dammit!" Cat Tongue

Message 29 of 39 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Feb 3, 2013

It's too bad that Lockwood wasn't able to monetize Mercia adequately.  I find it fun to play (I'm only level 26 right now but enjoying it). Because unlike many short-term games in Home, that RPG really does have potential, if they could rework the enemy types (something other than bugs and lizards) and the grinding aspect towards the end (too repetititive) and lame Oracle dialogue.  

On top of that, they'd want to fix the blue-screen dropout bug, but I guess Lockwood has been trying their damnedest to do that the entire time.  Considering that some bugs can never quite be nailed down properly in Q.A. until months and months later.

The fact that many people like me *STILL* like Mercia, even with all those critical flaws, tells you the game's got something good going on there.

I certainly would love to see a Fractured Realms Sky apartment.  Especially if flying and dragons were involved.  (Okay, mountable flying lizards would be acceptable too).  The view of that Mercian sky scenery is simply epic.

Message 30 of 39 (192 Views)