Reply
May 23 2010
By: pookie309 First Son 4 posts
Offline

MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

12 replies 14 views Edited May 23, 2010
hi, guys and girls when will home start using some kind of mature warning adviser, when the kids and teens out swear any adult any day on home. the adults are not allowed to talk to each other like we do in the real world, that makes home alot less interesting to me, the kids should interact with kids and adults with adults.............
Message 1 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2127 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010
"Online interactions are not rated"...

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx


Message 2 of 13 (14 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

How do you propose to separate adults from children? Most children lie about their age on their PSN accounts in order to play M, R rated titles anyway.

 

On top of that, it opens up a whole can of worms:

**Age discrimination.

**Anti-social networking in a social-networking environment!

**Kids sneaking onto adult Home then HCM's takin' the flack for the trailer trash that let their kids on in the first place.

**Adults sneaking onto the "kiddy" version of Home...I don't need to delve into this one, work it out.

**Extended maintenance, work and servers in order to maintain what would essentially be 2 versions of US Home.

 

This version of Home is also a family-friendly place. Adults can talk to each other like adults in Home, by talking responsibly and in a mature manner. Talking in adult-themed language is not always what makes an adult conversation. That is purely a misconception that children have.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 3 of 13 (14 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/02/2008
Offline
1110 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

There should be a video in the theater or perhaps people must watched before entering home, a black and white do's and dont's in playstation home ^_^

Platinum Trophy Collection
Resident Evil 5 Platinum TrophyinFAMOUS Platinum TrophyResistance 2 Platinum TrophyBatman Arkham Asylume Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed II Master AssassinDemon's Souls Toughest SoulDante's Inferno Master of The InfernoAliens vs Predator Not Bad for A HumanDarksiders BFAStar Wars The Force Unleashed 100% Complete


Love machinima and Home videos? Find us on PSTalent.com to watch and possibly star in one of our latest projects! Meet other Home enthusiasts, play a few games and join a community that thrives on creation and unique perspectives.



- Animus_Requiem, Writing Director at PSTalent.com
Message 4 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
34148 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

 


EdwCarnby wrote:

How do you propose to separate adults from children? Most children lie about their age on their PSN accounts in order to play M, R rated titles anyway.

 

On top of that, it opens up a whole can of worms:

**Age discrimination.

**Anti-social networking in a social-networking environment!

**Kids sneaking onto adult Home then HCM's takin' the flack for the trailer trash that let their kids on in the first place.

**Adults sneaking onto the "kiddy" version of Home...I don't need to delve into this one, work it out.

**Extended maintenance, work and servers in order to maintain what would essentially be 2 versions of US Home.

 

This version of Home is also a family-friendly place. Adults can talk to each other like adults in Home, by talking responsibly and in a mature manner. Talking in adult-themed language is not always what makes an adult conversation. That is purely a misconception that children have.


 

none of that matters.

they could easily make a Mature area for Home. and if people want to lie about their age, so be it.

Home is already for people 13 years or older, it says so in the EULA, so theres no problem with setting age limits.

plus Home has already advertised R rated movies or Mature games. even playing trailers that have suggestive material. so its safe to say "age limits" isnt a big issue in Home.


Message 5 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

I think it's not an issue right now because the age restrictions apply to temporary movie content, and spaces which will soon lose their appeal.

However, when you start giving preferred treatment to set age groups i.e. an Adult Lounge or a Teen Arcade, it becomes a whole new ball game. 

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 6 of 13 (14 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/18/2008
Offline
312 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

I like the idea of new people having to maybe watch a 10minute video, however alot of the pervs/drama intent people are simply doing it for attention and to annoy others anyways

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13 (14 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
5465 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

So are you proposing a Home area for matured aged folks, or a Home area for matured minded folks?  

Photobucket
Message 8 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
34148 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

 


killla_that_dude wrote:

So are you proposing a Home area for matured aged folks, or a Home area for matured minded folks?  


SCEA should require users to fill out and mail in a mental aptitude test. upon their approval you may or may not be allowed to use Home.

 


Message 9 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY

May 23, 2010

 


the_original_se wrote:

 


killla_that_dude wrote:

So are you proposing a Home area for matured aged folks, or a Home area for matured minded folks?  


SCEA should require users to fill out and mail in a mental aptitude test. upon their approval you may or may not be allowed to use Home.

 


You can guarantee someone will make a guide to cheat it, and everyone will compete to copy and paste it first for Kudos

 

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 10 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes