Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Re: Lost a good friend on Home today thanks to fam crap.

Jan 12, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear what happened between you and your friend. You can't blame yourself for how that outcome. You did what you could to help her out and that's all you can do. She may not see it, but clearly you're a true friend to show you cared the way you did. Nothing to feel bad about there.
Message 71 of 84 (340 Views)
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Jan 12, 2014

Give it a bit to cool down. I had to delete a long-time friend because of Clan drama (ours was a Clan--I don't know where this 'Fams' thing came from) and I've kept him deleted even though he's apologized and attempted to re-friend. Truth is, I love the guy like family even though I am still royally ticked off at him. And maybe, someday (if Home lasts long enough), I might decided he's matured and is ready to be the person I know he can be. But until then, I'm done. I need a break.

Tranny, if your friend is close to you, like family, then take it to heart that the people we love hurt us the worst of all. But we don't stop loving them. Sometimes we just need a new perspective, and we give time for the other person to A) either evolve into the person we know they are inside or B) make peace with their faults and decide to change ourselves.

Don't despair. Things are still emotionally charged. Wait until they're not.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 72 of 84 (323 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks, pheonix and Viceroy. I got upset because how terrible fams are for everyone who uses Home but the way I acted towards this woman is still no excuse. macediggity sent me a PM suggesting I wait a week before trying to talk to her again. Going to go that route if I don't hear from her then. If she refuses my apology or ignores my message, I'll know it's over and never bother her again. My God, I really screwed this up.
Message 73 of 84 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3280 posts

Jan 12, 2014

I dont think you screwed up Tranny, you were just helping her out and in the end she may see the positives of friendship over a Fam that may or may not be good for her. Stay positive your not the bad guy here.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 74 of 84 (307 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5634 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Been there done that but I feel ya Smiley Wink
Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Lesuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

Loved by few, Hated by many, Respected by All!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 75 of 84 (296 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Well there's a right way and a wrong way to handle confronting someone involved in the wrong activities, what I did was the wrong way. That's why I'm so upset. I joke around on here a lot, make wisecracks, speak in third person, and never afraid to rip Sony for doing something really bad even though they'll always be my gaming console of choice, but when I'm 100% in the wrong for doing something stupid and I know it, it eats away at me and I get consumed by feelings of sadness and guilt. I know I've bashed Sony here before for doing something that comes across as a boneheaded move. Well this time, I'm the one who made a boneheaded move. It doesn't matter if the person I've wronged is on Home or it's someone in offline life, having done that makes me feel like crap and quite a few expletives I can't say on here.
Message 76 of 84 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5634 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Awww Smiley Wink

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 77 of 84 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Jan 13, 2014
@ Tranny_Got_Swag

Just give her time she will come around you'll see they say time heals a wounded heart Smiley Happy
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Message 78 of 84 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5634 posts

Jan 13, 2014
While that is true in most cases but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't....

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 79 of 84 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jan 14, 2014

No offense or anything, Tranny, but it sounds like your friend doesn't know how to be her own person. Sadly, some people are just wired that way and there's not much you can do.

I don't go on Home much, anymore, but I remember the fams quite well. They are pure trash. If Sony gave a crap about Home, we would be rid of such wretched human beings, because we would actually have moderation around to take care of the fams that are out causing problems for everyone.

To me, it seems people I've met on Home end up changing a lot, even without a fam being involved. There's a lot of people I do not look at the same way, anymore, because they become full of themselves, or become like the people they once didn't like, or they turn into someone loaded with negativity and a victim mentality. I really like the social aspect of Home and still like to visit it for that whenever I get the chance, but I do hesitate at socializing a little bit, because I'm tired of the same old, same old happening. I want to know people that like who they are and aren't going to change into something unpleasant when I least expect it.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 80 of 84 (152 Views)