Dec 25 2012
By: Pandaachan Hekseville Citizen 189 posts

Looking towards the New Year

[ Edited ]
10 replies 478 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

PS Home has come a long way. This year had plenty of innovations like LMO items, interactive games and unique spaces. First, I'd like to say thank you to all the devs who made these things possible. But now we are looking to a new year of PS Home. 

So, I ask.. What would you like to see in this upcoming new year for PS Home? Any content or innovations you would love to see from the devs?

I have a list myself..

- Maybe update to make avatars even more customizable. New hair colors and skin tones. More height  and body options (Probably the hardest part, I know that our avatars have a set skeleton. That is morphed for every clothing and LMO etc.)

- Possibly some games similar to Facebook games. EXCEPT make it to where having more friends speeds up progress but isn't required like FB. (Yes, I know FB games are lame but on a PS Home scale I think it could be fun.)

:womantongue: Edit: I wanted to keep this thread mainly about core Home features.:smileyhappy:

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 1 of 11 (478 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Re: Looking towards the New Year

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

Are you going to get the free LMO from the Japan Home Square? I can help you get the free stuff at Peakvox.

sword-art-online
Message 2 of 11 (465 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Some actual communication and generosity on SCEA's part, that and new game related content to make a return. That's all I want. You know, like how other regions do it.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 3 of 11 (455 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Would love to see support return from real gaming companies. Home should not be only about the games made for Home. Many would love game related content and events. 

One can dream I suppose. 

Message 4 of 11 (440 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Free LMO in Japan ?! :smileysurprised:

Where is it & how do you get it ?

Message 5 of 11 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Would love to see support return from real gaming companies. Home should not be only about the games made for Home. Many would love game related content and events. 

One can dream I suppose. 

I feel that is the only bad thing about newer PS Home. Home started off with tons of game related content. Now it's died down and we're are even told that 'we' have to go to the devs. Hmm I wonder who game developers are going to listen to.. a random consumer or a Sony rep..:smileyindifferent:

I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if we had atleast parody/knock off items of the things we love from video games. The fantasy areas and characters. The detailed designs of their outfits. I mean there's only so many bikini reskins I can take.

I mean Home isn't all disappointing but this is definitely an area that needs work...

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 6 of 11 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

Here's a teaser from Lockwood just released today showing off some of what's in store for the new year. The horse looks like fun!!!

Message 7 of 11 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

-Synchronized releases of Granzella and Peakvox content in NA and EU, and EU items coming to NA faster (such as Atom Republic)

-Apartment and hair storage

-Ability to either delete items or "remove" items from your active inventory and storage, thus slowing down both login time, purchase time, and storage space, but with an option to recover items as a fallback to prevent people from complaining that they "accidentally deleted something".

-Active items taking the minimum amount of slots as possible, and devs going back to re-work old items such as PODI, Gift Machine, and the Xmas musical items.

-Loot radios play throughout entire apartments

-Realistic LMO's. So far the rollerskates, ice skates and mountain bikes are the only realistic ones. Lockwood's horses and motorcycles are definitely a step in the right direction.

-All new apartments having a simultaneous clubhouse release, ability to be in more then 5 clubs, and ability to have more then 32 members in a club. 

-More gender-equal clothing releases, in terms of quality for women and quantity for men. If women get scantily clad outfits, so should males. If males get a cool, stylish outfit, so should women.

Good examples: Granzella suits, Atom Republic bike jackets, Junk Guy shorts.

Bad examples: Juggernaut Nautilus clothing, anything Lockwood or Home Originals does 

Sick of men getting cool stuff while women get either overly girly or scanilty clad versions of what men got. Also it's about time we saw dresses for males in NA :smileywink:

-Gender equal acessories, such as same size horns for men and women (Peakvox did it beautifully, while Mass Media failed beyond miserably), more purses and nail polish for men, the exact same weapons for male/female (Sony was the worst offender, making more weapons for men, and giving women smaller and less dangerous looking ones)

-Finally, new games that:
-aren't shooters 
-do NOT contain following themes: military, zombies, gang warfare, sports 
-have good rewards, no t-shirts, wall hangings or small/useless furniture
-have actual gameplay, and not something like a DDR clone or an aiming game

-are a long term investment that must be done daily, for a long time. Examples: Xi Continuum, Aurora, fossil digging.

EDIT: And I have to emphasize my agreement with more body options. Currently we are either a pipe cleaner, a super model, or a blimp. We need to be able to adjust each part of the body seperately.

Message 8 of 11 (333 Views)
Fender Bender
2279 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

Also it's about time we saw dresses for males in NA......more purses and nail polish for men.

Whaaaat? No no no. Just plain old no. :smileyvery-happy:

There are more female clothes in Home than one could ever use from what I've seen--especially over this past year. The gender-equality argument is officially over. Maybe they just forget about new clothes in Home altogether and concentrate on some other types of original content.  Items/events where a portion of the proceeds go to charities and more sports related content would be great. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 9 of 11 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

JP has dresses for men and Irem had nail polish. I don't see why NA can't. Sick of the narrow-mindedness about such things in NA as a whole. I think it's adorable :heart:

And I revised my original post to be more clear on the female clothing issue. I meant gender equal in terms of what the clothing is. Not all women want to prance around half naked or like wearing girly-girl clothing, I know I'm not alone in this.

ANYWAYS, I don't want to spark that debate again, my point was women need more suits and such.

Also, yes, men need more clothing releases to coincide with the female ones. Granzella has been very guilty of that. I feel bad for the male Granzella fans in that regard. Why couldn't there have been a male flight outfit to go along with the females?

Message 10 of 11 (307 Views)