Nov 15 2012
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4495 posts

Locomotion Speed Comparisons

[ Edited ]
23 replies 700 views Edited Jan 18, 2013

I thought some might appreciate knowing the speed differences between the various locomotion items.  

To compare their speeds I used the Hub as it is convenient and has one of the longest strecthes without having to turn 'much' (GZ's EDO is longer and straighter, but not by much, and you can run into the AI that will stop or slow you if you get too close).

So the 'course' is from the corner of Hub to the left of the teleport straight (with some minor adjustments) to the glass barrier past the dance floor. For each speed test I did a few times and averaged the result for best accuracy:

Seconds - Fast (pushing left stick all the way forward)  / Cruise (holding the left stick forward just before it switches to max speed)

18/44 = Juggernaught Hoverdisc

18/52 = Granzella Inline Skates

20/48 = Granzella Quad Skates

*23/38 = nDreams Super Flight

*23/40 = Hellfire Red Dragon SpeedWings

*23/40 = Hellfire Radiant Angel SeedWimgs

*26/40 = Lockwood Malaki the Lion

25/45/120 = Default (Running/Walking/Strolling)

* These have an additional speed boost that can lower the time down to 18 seconds, but you must press the square button and sometimes even hold down the square button the entire time. 

Feel free to add your times with different locomotion items.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 24 (700 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: Locomotion Speed Comparisons

Nov 15, 2012

Thank you.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 2 of 24 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Can you clarify fast and cruise? Is there more than one speed for a hoverdisk and if so how do you enable that. 

Message 3 of 24 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Can you clarify fast and cruise? Is there more than one speed for a hoverdisk and if so how do you enable that. 

Cruise is when you hold the left stick forward just below where it switches to max speed.  Most animations change so you can tell easily, but not so with the Hoverdisc.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 4 of 24 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 15, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Cruise is when you hold the left stick forward just below where it switches to max speed.  Most animations change so you can tell easily, but not so with the Hoverdisc.

Ok I'll give it a try later when I'm in Home. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I tried to do a speed test, but I keep running into benches and fams standing around posing Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 24 (670 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I think it's best to do speed tests on Glittering Sands Beach. Start from one end to the other.

I didn't save the numbers but all locomotions have the same speed. Ones without boost may be marginally faster (less than 1 second) since boost doesn't kick in rightaway.

Message 7 of 24 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Sorry but my hoverdisk broke the time trial records in the upcoming water racing competition over at Glittering Sands. No need to enter we alreay have a winner.

Smiley Wink

hoverdisk

Message 8 of 24 (643 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Nov 15, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

I think it's best to do speed tests on Glittering Sands Beach. Start from one end to the other.

I didn't save the numbers but all locomotions have the same speed. Ones without boost may be marginally faster (less than 1 second) since boost doesn't kick in rightaway.

The problem with Glittering Sands is that its so wide and long it's easy to not follow the same distance, but by all means, feel free to post your results.

As for all locomotions having the same speed(s), as you can see from the first post, that is not the case.

"Like it never happened"

Message 9 of 24 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Nov 15, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

The problem with Glittering Sands is that its so wide and long it's easy to not follow the same distance, but by all means, feel free to post your results.

As for all locomotions having the same speed(s), as you can see from the first post, that is not the case.

*23/38 = nDreams Super Flight (Fast/Cruise)

*23/40 = Hellfire Red Dragon SpeedWings (Fast/Cruise)

*23/40 = Hellfire Radiant Angel SeedWimgs (Fast/Cruise)

* These have an additional speed boost that can lower the time down to 18 seconds, but you must hold down the square button the entire time.

That's what matters. When boost is held, they have the same speed and that's what I meant. All the early locomotions had their 150% speed set to square. The newer ones don't.

Message 10 of 24 (630 Views)
0 Likes