Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
1359 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Those are the finalists? Smiley Indifferent No offense to the OP, I'm glad they chose yours, just.....those names are horrible Smiley Frustrated


 

Well what would YOU have prefered Chad?

 

Just noticed that some folk at Lockwood/Outso themselves voted for 2 different names lol

Message 11 of 19 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
1359 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

 


ILLUMIN-X wrote:

This has already been posted by Lockwood days ago bro


These are the finalists.


 

Absolutely rivetting stuff here...  Not the names, but the voting process.

 

The more I dig into how Facebook social media might dramatically skew results, the more fascinating it seems to get!  C'mon, admit it guys.  Aren't we seeing lots and lots and lots of votes from friends of people who work at either a big box mart, or at the golden arches.

 

I'd buck the trend and help vote for Sweeney's riddle entry if I had a FB account.

Message 12 of 19 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/25/2009
Offline
2356 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Those are the finalists? Smiley Indifferent No offense to the OP, I'm glad they chose yours, just.....those names are horrible Smiley Frustrated


Chad, I would have to agree with you.  The names are horrible.

 

Here's a better name:  Voltron.  

Seriously the names are like:  A turtle moves slowly because of its shell.

Skype: Altyconnection
Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 13 of 19 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

Katsuune wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Those are the finalists? Smiley Indifferent No offense to the OP, I'm glad they chose yours, just.....those names are horrible Smiley Frustrated


 

Well what would YOU have prefered Chad?

 

Just noticed that some folk at Lockwood/Outso themselves voted for 2 different names lol


Well, not those that's for sure Smiley Frustrated I had a name I got from a fantasy name generator, but I forget what it was exactly, Fallhollow something 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 14 of 19 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
1359 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Katsuune wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Those are the finalists? Smiley Indifferent No offense to the OP, I'm glad they chose yours, just.....those names are horrible Smiley Frustrated


 

Well what would YOU have prefered Chad?

 

Just noticed that some folk at Lockwood/Outso themselves voted for 2 different names lol


Well, not those that's for sure Smiley Frustrated I had a name I got from a fantasy name generator, but I forget what it was exactly, Fallhollow something 


 

Okay....

 

"Fireside Hidden Hollow."       Still horrible to all of ya??  Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 19 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Katsuune wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Katsuune wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Those are the finalists? Smiley Indifferent No offense to the OP, I'm glad they chose yours, just.....those names are horrible Smiley Frustrated


 

Well what would YOU have prefered Chad?

 

Just noticed that some folk at Lockwood/Outso themselves voted for 2 different names lol


Well, not those that's for sure Smiley Frustrated I had a name I got from a fantasy name generator, but I forget what it was exactly, Fallhollow something 


 

Okay....

 

"Fireside Hidden Hollow."       Still horrible to all of ya??  Smiley Tongue


...excuse me while I go dip my eyeballs in sulfuric acid Smiley Indifferent Smiley Frustrated

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 16 of 19 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/31/2009
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

My name choice Lionheart Den was picked (and to be honest that was the name I put the least thought into aside from my other 5 or 6 names I suggested). I was happy I got picked in general so I facebooked my brother about it so he went and posted like crazy for people to vote on my name. He meant well, but I don't want people to be upset about that fact several of his friends and my friends are voting. So I'm sorry. Hopefully next time Lockwood can choose a better place to hold their polls. Good luck to the suggesters of Round Hill Hall and Whimsy Hollow.

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Message 17 of 19 (91 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
982 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

MissMajor wrote:

My name choice Lionheart Den was picked (and to be honest that was the name I put the least thought into aside from my other 5 or 6 names I suggested). I was happy I got picked in general so I facebooked my brother about it so he went and posted like crazy for people to vote on my name. He meant well, but I don't want people to be upset about that fact several of his friends and my friends are voting. So I'm sorry. Hopefully next time Lockwood can choose a better place to hold their polls. Good luck to the suggesters of Round Hill Hall and Whimsy Hollow.


I don't believe an apology is called for. LKWD chose to have the contest where & how they wanted. It's not your fault you have friends that want to help you win. No matter where the contest was held Forum, Twitter, FB or even in Home it will always turn into a sort of popularity contest. Because friends will more than likely vote for friends. The only way to curb that from happening is for LKWD to do it like most Devs do their code giveaways, by either just picking a winner their selves or by putting all the entries into a randomizer. But you shouldn't apologies for having good friends. GL but I must say I voted for Chelada on my acct & got a friend to vote for Cyn since I kinda know those 2 lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 19 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
1359 posts
 

Re: Lockwood's Contest: Vote for the WINNING NAME of our High Fantasy Apartment

Jan 22, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Katsuune wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Well, not those that's for sure Smiley Frustrated I had a name I got from a fantasy name generator, but I forget what it was exactly, Fallhollow something 


 

Okay....

 

"Fireside Hidden Hollow."       Still horrible to all of ya??  Smiley Tongue


...excuse me while I go dip my eyeballs in sulfuric acid Smiley Indifferent Smiley Frustrated


 

I'd prefer boiling my head in lye, actually.  More disfiguring, but less to clean up afterwards.

 

But come now.  If you look at it rationally-- and with a little less emoting, thank you very much--  it would appear from the choices that Lockwood is looking for a name that suggests something:

 

1. Small and simple (with emphasis on the 'small')

2. Descriptive of a "high fantasy" style

3. Refined but comfy

4. ...perhaps a bit quirky(?)

 

The main reason Lockwood Publishing has given us this chance to participate in choosing both the theme concept, and the final name, is to test the following:  Whether having "community feedback going directly into a project from day one" provides a workable relationship.  That's the entire point of this exercise!

 

And you know, right now, you folks seem to be forgetting this.

 

Look at it this way: It's sort of like an open source job interview.  If we, the Home community, prove ourselves a worthy and reliable source of feedback in the actual development cycle, there's every reason for Lockwood and Juggernaut and nDreams to continue to solicit and cultivate our deepest wishes and desires for the Home environment.  And No, I'm not saying we should crony and kiss up to every concept that gets placed on the table.

 

What I'm saying is this:  Be reasonable.  Be honest.  Give constructive criticism on the process details as well as your suggestions.  Say exactly WHY you dislike a certain apartment space, or a certain name.  Don't just blast away with a useless knee-jerk reaction saying you hate it and feel totally insulted lol.  That kind of feedback helps no one.

 

YMMV.  Just my 2 cents.

 

(The whole issue of using Facebook or Twitter or whatever to tally participation from a restricted population is an entirely separate issue.  I don't use FB after all).

Message 19 of 19 (69 Views)
0 Likes