Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 17, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Hi all,

 

Our primary reasoning behind this was that we want as many people to play and experience Mercia as possible. We figured that making the Portal available to everyone will get it into the hands of some people who haven't heard of Mercia yet, and therefore potentially grow its player base.

 

Kind regards,

Lockwood


If people have not heard of Mercia yet, how do you figure they will hear of the Portal ?

Users will see the portal when visiting friends personal spaces. It's a very nice active item. Personally i'm glad Lockwood finally responded. 

Message 331 of 345 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 17, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I still want a red one :smileyhappy:

________________________________

Blue for me please Woman Very Happy


The red on is nice! I love red! LoL

Message 332 of 345 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

myalana wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Thumbs up to Lockwood for making the right choice and not giving in to the pathetic cries of selfishness. Non-beta testers FTW! 


You decided to take the high road I see and yes I'm certain they gave it to you because of your cries of selflessness. To prove your point you should remain a "non-beta tester" and pitch a fit whenever you feel you deserve something. That'll show 'em...that'll show 'em all!


I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. My cries of selfishness? No selfishness from me--quite the oppsosite in fact. I was referring to all of the other people here who cried and cried when they realized that their beloved beta portal was being given out to the masses. It's all about the principle for me, but it's fun getting all of you kids riled up here anyways. lol Greed and selfishness never win. Thx again Lockwood for doing the right thing and making it available to everyone. Peace 

 

 



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 333 of 345 (253 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/04/2011
Offline
1148 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 17, 2012

I don't really understand what all the fuss is about.
I was chosen as a Mercia Beta Tester. I felt good about that. I didn't expect to be rewarded for helping a Developer polish a game to be enjoyed by the whole community.

I don't feel like I am someone special for having been chosen. For all I know, someone looking at the Forums said, "Wow, this girl sure talks a lot. Weird name. Throw her in the pool."
The Beta Picker must have thought they meant the Beta Tester Pool, rather than the Pool at Dream Island.

Lockwood has made a decision. One they feel will be good for the community at large.

Time to let this thread die. Time for everyone to regain a sense of balance.

 photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 334 of 345 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3345 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

myalana wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Thumbs up to Lockwood for making the right choice and not giving in to the pathetic cries of selfishness. Non-beta testers FTW! 


You decided to take the high road I see and yes I'm certain they gave it to you because of your cries of selflessness. To prove your point you should remain a "non-beta tester" and pitch a fit whenever you feel you deserve something. That'll show 'em...that'll show 'em all!


I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. My cries of selfishness? I was referring to all of the other people here who cried and cried when they realized that their beloved beta portal was being given out to the masses. It's fun getting all of you kids riled up here. lol It's more about the principle for me. Thx again Lockwood for doing the right thing and making it available to everyone. Peace 


To be fair, you might not know why they are referring to your cries of "selfishness" because that isn't what myalana said.

Message 335 of 345 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/26/2008
Offline
2949 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 17, 2012

to say only one side was crying is incorrect when both sides were wanting the exact same thing and really for the same reasons.  myself and a few others have suggested a compromise in reskinning it as the red portal from the lockaway.  lockwood tweeted that they wouldnt.  so be it, nothing really lost, just bragging rights.  i was in the beta, and while it is nice to get a momento of that its not really required. 

 

 

 

i still really want that red portal though.  might add that to my sig XD


BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 336 of 345 (216 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

ah thx--good point there ck-my bad. Thx for recognizing my selflessness myalana. Smiley Happy



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 337 of 345 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 17, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

myalana wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Thumbs up to Lockwood for making the right choice and not giving in to the pathetic cries of selfishness. Non-beta testers FTW! 


You decided to take the high road I see and yes I'm certain they gave it to you because of your cries of selflessness. To prove your point you should remain a "non-beta tester" and pitch a fit whenever you feel you deserve something. That'll show 'em...that'll show 'em all!


I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. My cries of selfishness? No selfishness from me--quite the oppsosite in fact. I was referring to all of the other people here who cried and cried when they realized that their beloved beta portal was being given out to the masses. It's all about the principle for me, but it's fun getting all of you kids riled up here anyways. lol Greed and selfishness never win. Thx again Lockwood for doing the right thing and making it available to everyone. Peace 

 

 


Read a little closer please sir. I said selfLESSness..as in you were so selfless in your posts and general concern about the community receiving this virtual item. I'm not a kid and I didn't really care WHAT Lockwood decided to do with THEIR portal. It just seemed some  (such as yourself) were acting worse...as if  it was your right to have the item, than those who said they'd just like to ask Lockwood to keep the item for beta testers.

Message 338 of 345 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3345 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 17, 2012

I'm just happy they are coordinating the release of the portal with the release of bug fixes on Wednesday. Hopefully it brings back people who may have given up on the game due to a prior unpleasant experience.

Message 339 of 345 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

I read it closer now ma'am. Yeah...you're right, I sounded worse than all of them. Smiley Very Happy



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 340 of 345 (181 Views)