Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 15, 2012
You know what forget it let everyone have it! Let everyone exsprience the joy we did! I even if everyone has it it still looks nice right? And who cares if others won't know we were in beta well know right! AND THAT ALL THAT MATTERS PORTALS FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!
Goodbye home
Message 291 of 345 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Would be nice if Lockwood could comment. Perhaps they are waiting to talk to their Mercia staff on Monday. There is obviously enough of a stir that they are aware of the issue.

Personally I thought they'd make a statement about it here by now. It would certainly help defuse the issue on the forum. They are generally pretty good about communicating but have chosen not to say anything here as yet.

And it is one of the nicer active items in my view. it's an awesome way to access the game and it can be used in any personal space. 

Message 292 of 345 (329 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Maybe there waiting for the community too sizle down so they don't get bombed with comments?
Goodbye home
Message 293 of 345 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

Bradley_Davis129 wrote:
And who cares if others won't know we were in beta well know right! 

I still can't fathom why it's such a stunning accomplishment to be in a beta-test that everyone treasures the experience so fondly - worthy of special rewards and bragging rights.  You were the recipient of a random email and got to play a buggy game before everyone else.  So big deal.

I was fortunate enough to participate in the Sodium 2 beta and the Hub beta.  I would've been in the Mercia beta if I had bothered to check my email account.  Yes, I have the almighty S2 portal and the much revered Hub-monorail items.  Again, big deal.  Release them to everyone.  Makes no difference to me.  The S2 portal is an especially cool item.  I'll go on record right here asking Lockwood to give it to everybody the next time they log onto Home.  I will not feel slighted in the least.  Owning the S2 portal is not an achievement.  Put your name on the All-time Leaderboard and then you'll have something to brag about.

castle3
Message 294 of 345 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Would be nice if Lockwood could comment. Perhaps they are waiting to talk to their Mercia staff on Monday. There is obviously enough of a stir that they are aware of the issue.

Personally I thought they'd make a statement about it here by now. It would certainly help defuse the issue on the forum. They are generally pretty good about communicating but have chosen not to say anything here as yet.

And it is one of the nicer active items in my view. it's an awesome way to access the game and it can be used in any personal space. 

I'm sure Lockwood does know by now, that there's been a pretty huge outcry over this portal getting released.

They've been on the forums, and I'm sure they've seen this thread.

There could be only a few reasons as to why they're not posting.

It's either like you said, waiting for the commotion to die down. 

Or I have another thought in mind, maybe they feel like they don't have to explain themselves for releasing it to the public?

Just a small thought, I had in mind.

Message 295 of 345 (301 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 15, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
 The S2 portal is an especially cool item.  I'll go on record right here asking Lockwood to give it to everybody the next time they log onto Home.  I will not feel slighted in the least.

Oh please do. I don't care about the item so much as the threads and posts that would follow. It beats the run of the mill "What's your favorite color in Home" type that is the norm.

Message 296 of 345 (295 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 15, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Or I have another thought in mind, maybe they feel like they don't have to explain themselves for releasing it to the public?

This...right here. ^^^

It's a wonderfully appealing item to bring people to their space and spend money.

Do they need another reason?

castle3
Message 297 of 345 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 15, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

This...right here. ^^^

It's a wonderfully appealing item to bring people to their space and spend money.

Do they need another reason?

Just a thought.

Because I know, and as should everyone else who frequents this forum board. The devs like Lockwood, Digital Leisure, nDreams, etc. Do see what we post, and they do read our threads.

Doesn't mean they always have an input though.

Of course, if anyone reads my first post in this thread.

You would know I'm against the release of this item, however.

I won't go against peoples opinions, to each their own.

Message 298 of 345 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I have been reading this thread for days now and I wasn't going to comment but this issue has really got  me thinking.  I was aware there was a portal for the beta testers and it's nice that Lockwood did give out something for being a beta tester.  Did I want it when I saw it?  Not really.  I assumed it would be an active item (22 slots).  Would I ever use it?  Probably not.  I have been using Home since the closed beta days and I do have stuff from the first year of Home's existence that not everybody has and it got me thinking about both sides of this story.  I feel some things should be limited.  Some items and clothing represent certain periods of time in Home's history.  For example there were the closed beta items from pre Home.  The Chamber space is 6 months into Home's history, The coy and shark hats are just after that .  The inFAMOUS reaper costume is the first summer on Home, The neon blue Home logo and the first year veteran shirt are the first full year of Home being open to everyone.  These might just be things but to me they represent my History in Home.  The good and the bad and everything in between.  These items are a timeline of Home itself.  The Mercia portal is another point in the timeline.  When I first starting reading this I didn't understand what all the fuss was about but now I understand.  I remember how angry I was when the War costume from preordering darksiders was released to everyone.  I felt betrayed by THQ.  Then it happened again with the Sver personal space.  That was the last time I preordered a game with Home "exclusives".  We as a people strive to be individuals on Home where everybody has access to the same stuff.  All of the things that I have mention enable us to be slightly different than the rest of the crowd.  When this post first appeared I didn't agree with it but as the days have worn on and has ballooned almost to 30 pages I understand.  

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 299 of 345 (255 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Sep 15, 2012

It is a 22 slot active item, and for that reason I didn't put it in any of the spaces I use. I wasn't going to remove decorations to put it in. So I used it in one of my empty spaces that I rarely go to. This meant going to that space first via navigator, then to Mercia. When the game went public, I did not use the portal again because it required going through navigator anyway, and that would just be a redundant step.

But the portal does complete the collection of Mercia rewards. It's no big deal to me that everyone can have it. I expressed my thoughts and that's good enough for me.

Message 300 of 345 (488 Views)
0 Likes